Daniel Alves

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Is it just me or do others think that Dani is playing well below his level at the moment. I accept that he made a great through ball for one of the goals but he lost possession loads and was way off positionally speaking. You could see that Pep was getting frustrated with him and this is not the first time I have noticed this.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Is it just me or do others think that Dani is playing well below his level at the moment. I accept that he made a great through ball for one of the goals but he lost possession loads and was way off positionally speaking. You could see that Pep was getting frustrated with him and this is not the first time I have noticed this.

Nope. Noticed that last night as well. At times he even seemed too sloppy for his own standards. Hard to say where his head is at, at the moment. Could be the contract negotiation having its own effect on his overall performance.

He definitely seemed at times way off yesterday.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah, but it has been pointed out already that he still has a contract until 2016. So realistically, what would his transfer-price be? Surely more than 6M (4x1.5M) eh? Besides, we've no idea which salary he currently is on. For all we know, maybe he's earning more at Bayern now than Barca are offering Alves.

That highlighted point of yours is so awfully meaning less man... isn't it enough if his transfer cost is less than [Alves transfer cost + 4*1.5]!? That is just financially right and I'm not saying we go for him. Just wanted to make a point

Tomchin

That highlighted point of yours is so awfully meaning less man... isn't it enough if his transfer cost is less than [Alves transfer cost + 4*1.5]!? That is just financially right and I'm not saying we go for him. Just wanted to make a point
Alves' contract expires in 2012, which implies that his potential transfer-fee will be very low in 2011. Compare it to Eto'o, he was the best striker in the world at the moment of his transfer, yet because he only had 1 year left on his contract, he was only valued at 20M. Alves is a fullback (less worth than a striker), so his value would probably be even lower. Sure, multiple clubs would battle for him (Chelsea, Man City, ...), but those clubs aren't stupid; they know that they can get him on a free 1 year later, so they won't pay crazy money for him.

Lahm has often been mentioned here; but apparently his contract only expires in 2016, which implies that his transfer-fee would be enormous... if Bayern are willing to sell of course. But even then, Lahm would be a serious downgrade for us imho.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Lahm has often been mentioned here; but apparently his contract only expires in 2016, which implies that his transfer-fee would be enormous... if Bayern are willing to sell of course. But even then, Lahm would be a serious downgrade for us imho.
What some ppl not get is that its not about Lahms transfer fee or Bayerns intention not to sell him ... its primarily about Lahms intention. He committed himself to Bayern when recently extending his contract, so there is no reason to believe that he would be interested in a move to Barca. He had the chance to go there a few years ago but decided otherwise ... and thats that

J

Jordzibob

What some ppl not get is that its not about Lahms transfer fee or Bayerns intention not to sell him ... its primarily about Lahms intention. He committed himself to Bayern when recently extending his contract, so there is no reason to believe that he would be interested in a move to Barca. He had the chance to go there a few years ago but decided otherwise ... and thats that

Well I was only suggesting, wasnt saying it's likely to happen. I rate the guy better than Alves, but yeh....I didnt think it was particularly likely he'd end up here.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Well I was only suggesting, wasnt saying it's likely to happen. I rate the guy better than Alves, but yeh....I didnt think it was particularly likely he'd end up here.

I mean, no offense guys, but it just had to be said that Lahm is just no option, at least not next year and until sth bad happens in Munich.

J

Jordzibob

Presumably Bayern are gonna pick up the pace soon and at least qualify in the CL places, considering the quality of their squad, their position in the table is terrible. But wernt they doing badly last year and then after January really upped their game? They should of gone for Ozil and Khedira in the Summer, made the whole German set.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
2dkl8vr.gif

Did what he had to do.

iookram

Hopefully this awesome(though "awesome" does not really do this performance any justice) El Clasico will convince Dani Alves to stay at Barca!

Home of Barca Fans