Daniel Alves

Elite-BkD

What we have to look at is: 1) How much will Alves' salary-increase cost us (4 x 1.5M = 6M)? 2) How much would a potential replacement cost us? (undoubtedly more than 6M)? -

What is this nonsense about buying a new RB for 6M? Do you imagine there would be a transfer fee of $0 for Alves? Would the new RB get paid as much as Alves makes now?
And yes, giving Alves the pay raise he wants would have an impact on the rest of the players and their feelings regarding pay etc. Of course.

Tezemery

No player is bigger than the club, as much as i like Dani Alves when he plays for Barca he definetly wont be the player that makes barca cave into his demands, he has two choices quit being a money hungry idiot or go and play for a team which wins no trophies but pays him lots of money. If Alves puts his interests before that of the team and barca then he isnt the type of person we need.

Tomchin

he has two choices quit being a money hungry idiot or go and play for a team which wins no trophies but pays him lots of money. If Alves puts his interests before that of the team and barca then he isnt the type of person we need.
What makes you think that ManCity won't win trophies in the coming years? They're already 2nd in the League, and they will only improve...

I don't understand that people are so eager to tell Alves to fuck off; when there're no alternatives on the market that would give us what Alves can.

silentwaves

i understand Alves, he is in imo the best in the world at his position, and i understand why he is pissed of... for example, why should villa have higher wage then alves? A good forward its always easier to find, but another world class RB like alves with the same attacking quality? that is not the easiest task. Besides alves has been here and done so much for the club, and he have nothing to prove, that is why he can demand higher wage now. But villa have not proven anything yet..

Alves should have the same wage, and i support him. so i say, give this wonderful player what he wants. With him on the team, we will earn more money, so if we can pay other stars the money they get, we would not get bankrupt if Dani gets the same.

just hope this club dont loose another great player. that would be so painfull if we loose him. And he got a great personality too!

Last edited:

Tomchin

so annoying, players are such little cunts, does earning 5 mil instead of 6 or 7 really make such a difference to your life?
Obviously it does. This is probably his last big contract (as a footballer), so it's normal that he wants to end on a high.

Tomchin

dunno what u talking about but r u saying he is as key to the team as xavi and ineista because if u believe that u are deluded.
Deluded or not, I think Alves is as crucial to our success as Xavi and Iniesta indeed. Alves' incredible work-rate allows other players to shine; and furthermore, Alves' participation in the link-up play is crucial as well. I still haven't heard any good alternatives to Alves so far, probably because there are none.

i understand he is key to the team right now but he is a mercenary unlike xavi and ineista or any homegrown player
It's completely normal that the homegrown players feel more affiliation with the club than foreign players. Those homegrown players have supported the club since they were a child, so obviously they want what's best for the club. Foreign players don't care so much about the club's best interest, they rather think about their career's best interest. And can you blame them for that?

and if he wants a contract higher than he should get the club cannot be held handicap to every single player who thinks he deserves a raise.
Realistically, aside from Alves, which other Barca-player would possibly ask for a pay-raise? I think you already can exclude the La Masia products. Villa, Mascherano, Keita, Adriano, ...? I don't think so either. Alves is an exception imho.

J

Jordzibob

Lahm Lahm Lahm Lahm Lahm Lahm Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm, Please. Guys quality, its a sin that he has to play in that diabolical Bayern backline and get dragged down with them. Anywhere within 5 yards of Demichellis is an utter disaster zone, I like Breno :D, but Badstuber and Van Buyten really arent much good...........

So yes, Lahm Lahm Laaaaaaaaaaahm.

Tomchin

So yes, Lahm Lahm Laaaaaaaaaaahm.
Yeah, but it has been pointed out already that he still has a contract until 2016. So realistically, what would his transfer-price be? Surely more than 6M (4x1.5M) eh? Besides, we've no idea which salary he currently is on. For all we know, maybe he's earning more at Bayern now than Barca are offering Alves.

G

Gevindu

Its better to offer Alves a better contract with some extra million rather than go after lahm.

when messi plays on the right flank Alves goes outside him so the opposing fullback cant close down on messi, giving him time to inflict damage.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
what a through ball... this is exactly the thing we can't find replacement for if we ship out Alves... not his crosses, probably not the work rate and definitely not his defense

J

Jordzibob

Oh dont get me wrong, I do rate him, extremely highly. I just prefer Lahm

Home of Barca Fans