Daniel Alves

cracken

Scenes when 38 year old Alves will be our starting RB :lol:.

He played pretty great for Juve that season.

He had a couple of great games in the CL. He barely played in the league.

But my post was more about his supposed dressing room influence. He fell out with most of his teammates by the end of that season since senior players like Chiellini and Buffon have had enough of his constant dancing and clowning around.

https://www.sofascore.com/news/dani-alves-juventus-dressing-room-rule/

Birdy

Why is it so hard to understand the reasons to Alves being signed? I mean it's quite obvious. Stop acting like idiots.

Spell it out clearly to all here if it is that obvious

After the pleasant surprise of the rules and banning Pique's clown-show,
2 disappointments in one day from Xavi:
First demanding Roberto's renewal
and second this clown-show of allowing back an honorary Amigo and retired footballer

Last edited:

Devils

Dani Alves back to Barcelona, here we go! He?s returning at Bar?a as free agent, just waiting for La Liga approval. Xavi wanted Dani Alves as new signing to help immediatly #FCB

Deal agreed on a one-season contract after direct contact with Alves? camp today. @FabrizioRomano

Insanity.

fergus90

Zlatan is still useful at 40, so Alves at 38 might still have his uses. I will at least give it a couple months before getting worked up over it.

JamDav1982

Zlatan is still useful at 40, so Alves at 38 might still have his uses. I will at least give it a couple months before getting worked up over it.

Zlatan is no more relevant than all the other 38/40 year olds long past their best.

As an exception he is less relevant if anything.

Birdy

Have you seen Zlatan play at AC Milan?
He plays as an immovable object positioned in or close to the box.
And he plays 60 min max whenever he plays (1 out of 2 or 3 games)

How can that be reproduced for a player playing RB in La Liga?

fergus90

Have you seen Zlatan play at AC Milan?
He plays as an immovable object positioned in or close to the box.
And he plays 60 min max whenever he plays (1 out of 2 or 3 games)

How can that be reproduced for a player playing RB in La Liga?

How do we know before Alves has even joined that he's going to be played more than 60 mins max though? Might well just end up getting the odd 15 minutes once a while.

I agree that if we was a starting rb everyweek in la Liga then it's ridiculous.

ajnotkeith

Alves is no Zlatan. He's a guy who was even getting benched in Sao Paulo recently. No parallel.

And he's a full-back, one of the youngest positions on the pitch... Insanity

Richard.H

There is no way he still has the legs to play RB. I am assuming he will play more like an RM with someone covering him at the back. I could also see him just playing the last 10-20 mins of every match since Dest tends to break down under pressure.

fergus90

Don't get me wrong if he is going to be a starting RB every week then it's ridiculous but if he's just on a short-term deal, see's hardly any minutes but is able to imprint wisdom on Dest to improve his game, then not much to lose.

Home of Barca Fans