David Luiz

Bertus

Money talks. No way Barca would of offered 50 mill like P$G for a defender.

If we trust the rumors from Barca medias, they were about to do it, but Lucho said no.

A very good choice imo since we all know how it ended (and add to that that now he's injured)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we trust the rumors from Barca medias, they were about to do it, but Lucho said no.

A very good choice imo since we all know how it ended (and add to that that now he's injured)

IIRC, The rumours about Lucho not wanting him came before Lucho was announced officially as our new manager(he just had to sign the contract to make it official which happend a couple of days later or so)

Before that, there were many rumours about us being in for him this summer again so I guess we were interested until Lucho became Barca manager and said NO to his signing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He still went forward like an idiot though. Suddenly I saw him up there with Cavani for no reason whatsoever :lol:

Bertus

I hate him with a passion, but let's be fair, he was good tonight. And just like Marquinhos he was injured. He played with an injured knee.

He stopped a lot of attacks tonight. Did good clearances, scored a goal, and did a very nice run dribbling barcelona players here and there.

Still not worths 50M euros, but still.

CuleLife4Life

I hate him with a passion, but let's be fair, he was good tonight. And just like Marquinhos he was injured. He played with an injured knee.

He stopped a lot of attacks tonight. Did good clearances, scored a goal, and did a very nice run dribbling barcelona players here and there.

This is what I was thinking tonight watching the game lol.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie

When he's on point he can be close to world class, but it's so rare, he has that potential but I don't see it ever being fulfilled.

Irish_Cules

Ye when he's on form he's the perfect defender. He's always going to have lapses in concentration and make those stupid mistakes though.

SeloBarca

If he had lost the ball on that stupid rush he did and Barcelona would have scored on counterattack. Luiz woulda been hated.

Bertus

If he had lost the ball on that stupid rush he did and Barcelona would have scored on counterattack. Luiz woulda been hated.

If PSG had played it better and scored when Mathieu lost the ball stupidly, Mathieu would have been hated.

As much as I dislike DL, rewriting history for god knows what reasons is worse.

CuleLife4Life

I have an irrational dislike, borderline hate for David Luiz after the World Cup but I can admit he is a great defender when concentrated.

What I don't understand is why can he not have concentration all the time and stay in defense?

Truthist

He's too adventurous and impatient. if he can curb them instincts and he does from time then he's absolutely brilliant. He makes it look ridiculously easy at times and majority of the times out performs Thiago Silva.

Home of Barca Fans