David Luiz

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I didnt see much of him in 2014, with this award he must really have picked himself up.

Do you mean to say that this'll give him a confidence boost? I ask because he still hasn't been very good for PSG this season. The price tag probably fooled some voters into thinking that he played well to earn a big money move to PSG.

Morten

Do you mean to say that this'll give him a confidence boost? I ask because he still hasn't been very good for PSG this season. The price tag probably fooled some voters into thinking that he played well to earn a big money move to PSG.

I was joking, he has played the same way as usual, amazing one match, disaster in the next.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This is even funnier than the fact that he became the most expensive defender of all time. Luiz, you clown, how do you manage to fool so many people??

His inclusion in the XI is a reflection of how poor these awards are at actually rewarding footballing merit.

Morten

This is even funnier than the fact that he became the most expensive defender of all time. Luiz, you clown, how do you manage to fool so many people??

His inclusion in the XI is a reflection of how poor these awards are at actually rewarding footballing merit.

I think Atletico got robbed the most, no Simeone or anyone of their great defenders....

F

Flavia

It's more of a popularity contest, nowadays. Luiz is widely known, that's why he's there.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Clearly anyone who voted for the FIFpro world XI did not see Brazil's catastrophic end to their world cup or watch Chelsea's and PSG's defensive struggles this year. Diego Godin was head and shoulders the best centreback in the world last calender year and should be in it instead of Luiz

More outraged by Iniesta being in it. At least David Luiz had a great World Cup up until the 7-1 disaster which wasn't entirely his fault but got the most blame because he was the most famous player on the pitch. Not sure why people want to pretend he was awful in that tournament.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He wasnt awful, but he wasnt great either. His WC performance is immensely overrated for some reason.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He wasn't even a starter half the time for Chelsea in 2014, he was used in a double pivot or if absolutely necessary, then moved to a weaker league in France where PSG haven't even been very good. A decent/good World Cup couldn't bring him up.

Godin. Seriously.

DrPepper

I think he could be a good box-to-box midfielder or maybe a good attacking full back. A shame he never or rarely plays those roles.

If he had been available for a decent price in the summer (15-20M), he'd be decent fit for Barca as RB.

Home of Barca Fans