David Luiz

Yannik

I always thought David Luiz plays like he is the main character in his own imaginal movie.
Always this overemotional additude, always trying to play the Hero. Television doesnt highlights those blunders he make, the masses think that if a player is not involved in a situation, then he cant be blamed for it, but thats just where the mistakes start for David Luiz.

Whenever PSG is moving back in a defensive formation and the opponent attacks on the wings, David Luiz often leaves his position for complete unnecessary reasons, probably because he thinks that the fullbacks and CDMs hes playing with are not David Luiz and therefor cant get the job done. Then he leaves holes open and the opponent scores. He's completely unable to communicate or trust his teammates and then he endangers his backline.

Szene-2-Luiz-vs-Liverpool-Kein-Mut-zur-Passivit%C3%A4t.png

Hes always running in the direction he is looking at and he is always looking at the ball, like a playful dog. He completely ignores everything around him and he lacks the courage to stay passive when he has to. He would be a great CDM in pressing systems and his quality on the ball is outstadning, but if we'd just reduce it to the position he is used at, if we'd just reduce it to the most important job he has to do (defending) then he would hardly be a famous footballer who is in matches on TV all over the world.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's better as a DM, cause he has somewhat more freedom. It's almost immature to not sort out your head and not try to be a forward when you're a CB.

Bertus

He's better as a DM, cause he has somewhat more freedom. It's almost immature to not sort out your head and not try to be a forward when you're a CB.
That's what I think.

Especially yesterday. Motta was so slow. That's mainly because of him that Neymar had all the time to score.

Blanc should have went with TS and marquinhos as CBs, and DL in place of Motta.

You know what would have happened since DL played a lot as DM in Chelsea, he would have cut Neymar in half before he could even shoot.

Motta was one of blanc's biggest mistakes yesterday. You don't use him against a team like barcelona since he's so slow. Unless he's at the top of his form, but Motta is horrible since the start of this season.

People spit on DL since yesterday, but our real problem in defense was Motta. He was non-existent since Barcelona players are so fast.

But well, in Blanc's mind Motta was top while verratti was crap. What can we do with a coach like that.

Empty

Motta is terrible. He's not world-class, he sucks. He's a liability in midfield.

I don't know why Blanc continuously use him. Useless player, slow, weak, loses the ball, terrible decision making, basically a disaster waiting to happen every big game.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ramos has a giant lack of headless chickeness compared to Luiz. He can do it. Luiz doesn't use his brain enough to be good going forward from CB, terrible timing.*I saw most of his Chelsea games, he'd be A LOT better for PSG as a DM, especially as Motta isn't really that good. I forgot he was at PSG. I didn't even notice him playing honest to God. I only remembered when Bertus mentioned him earlier.

Home of Barca Fans