David Luiz

I actually think his problems in defense are overstated. Is he any more error prone than Kompany, Hummels or Ramos? I feel like his mistakes are just more magnified because of his popularity and personality.

He's clearly very talented and highly rated amongst his peers or else the likes of Bayern, Barca and PSG wouldn't be chasing him so incessantly or be voted into the ToTY.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Good to see him celebrate after the goal aswell, fashion these days is to not celebrate against your former club, which is aload of bs. I hate it.

edit that, he actually apoligised for celebrating :facepalm:

Not celebrating for scoring against a team that let you go out of "respect" what a load of nonsense

Ritchie

Luiz is usually a very good big game player. Champions League final for example. The one real blot being the Germany game when up until then he'd had a great tournament. Maybe he does need Silva next to him.

Bertus

CB3WLfWWEAAmrm2.jpg:large

Never thought I'd say that, but damn man you will be missed during the last run of this season.

Bertus

50m well spent then?

:pep:
In my opinion, yeah.

He's been incredible with PSG all season on the pitch, and in the dressing room.

As I said I'm eating crows. I was the first to trash him.

Maybe people were right and he's way better when he plays with TS.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Under several managers at Chelsea he didn't fully flourish, only had a bunch of beast games and then inconsistency between good and at times, "costing us goals" bad. He's got it in him to be really, really good, I've always maintained that, it was just a matter of finding either a system/position for him or a good partner(on top of his own concentration improvements). He really does play better with TS than anyone he did at Chelsea, granted TS is definitely better than every Chelsea central defender Luiz played with, so that makes it easier for him. But when you see some of the beast performances he put in for Chelsea, you know he's got more than what he's shown on a regular basis, average defenders can't put in performances as good as he has. I don't really hold him responsible for that Brazil hammering, the whole team bar Oscar were garbage.

Truthist

I've always rated him very highly, he'll still make an amateurish error which will cost you big time but you have to take in to account the positives he brings.

He is a lion heart and can play numerous positions, if he had consistency he'd be one of the greats but I suppose he'll always be remembered for that performance against Germany even though there were other comical defenders playing with him.

Bertus

I've always rated him very highly, he'll still make an amateurish error which will cost you big time but you have to take in to account the positives he brings.

He is a lion heart and can play numerous positions, if he had consistency he'd be one of the greats but I suppose he'll always be remembered for that performance against Germany even though there were other comical defenders playing with him.

The thing is that he's very consistent this season with PSG, more than TS.

That's why I was surprised.

Truthist

The thing is that he's very consistent this season with PSG, more than TS.

That's why I was surprised.

He was/is for Brazil apart from that game against Germany.

He was comfortably Brazil's best defender in the confederations cup and the world cup.

Off topic, how's Moura played this season? Is he back from his injury yet?

Home of Barca Fans