David Luiz

ceefoo

So we desperately need a top class Centre-Back to shore up our leaky defence.

The clubs answer is to sign a CB who can't defend.

Genius!:sarcasm:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't think he's that bad..people like to highlight every mistake of his in defense moreso than anyone else (media included) i find it a bit odd. He is very good in all honesty but switches off occasionally.

I don't think he's that bad..people like to highlight every mistake of his in defense moreso than anyone else (media included) i find it a bit odd. He is very good in all honesty but switches off occasionally.

I still think he wouldn't fit us at all. Pique and Luiz are both error prone, they both like going forward (especially Luiz), and they're both slow (haven't seen that much of Luiz, so correct me if I'm wrong). Not to mention Luiz is a better CDM than CB (last thing we need imo). I can see a Pique/Luiz pairing being disastrous.

Jadentheman

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chelsea defender David Luiz (26) is not among Barcelona's priority centre back options for the summer transfer window. [md]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/340459043640446977">May 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

K

kingleo

So we desperately need a top class Centre-Back to shore up our leaky defence.

The clubs answer is to sign a CB who can't defend.

Genius!:sarcasm:

If you think Luiz cant defend then you clearly dont watch him often and only listen to the BS in the media about him, i bet if you asked any striker who has played against Luiz last season if he can defend they will tell you he is an excellent defender!

0n0mat0p0eia

If you think Luiz cant defend then you clearly dont watch him often and only listen to the BS in the media about him, i bet if you asked any striker who has played against Luiz last season if he can defend they will tell you he is an excellent defender!

Why don't we ask what Gary Neville thinks of him as a defender?

K

kingleo

exactly! when Luiz has a great game and keeps a striker in his back pocket which he has done countless times last season, it rarely gets mentioned but as soon as he makes the smallest mistake everyone explodes and says the same rubbish 'Luiz cant defend' 'Luiz is a liabiilty' ect,

Luiz doesn't makes any more mistakes than any other top defender in Europe! Pique, Pepe, Ramos, Ivanovic, Subotic, Ferdinand, Kompany, Hummels ect have all made mistakes this season but difference is when they make mistakes its no big deal but when Luiz makes a mistake the whole footballing world erupts! Luiz has most likely made less mistakes than a lot of the top defender in Europe this season, but people choose to ignore that.

I guarantee next season Luiz could put in 10 MOTM performances in a row and then in the 11th match he could make a mistake and everyone will come out again and say the same things 'Luiz cant defend' ect! that for me is just another one of those football myths that will probably follow Luiz around for a while until people start making opinions on players by watching them and not by forming opinions from what they hear about a player.

Why don't we ask what Gary Neville thinks of him as a defender?

He thinks Luiz is a brilliant defender as he has said last season, he admitted he was wrong about Luiz and that he is a great player.

Luiz is a far better CB than CDM! you could see that in the Europa League final, Luiz cant play in midfield against teams who press, whenever Benfica put pressure on him he didn't know what to do and kept losing the ball, he is fine there against weak PL teams but against the top sides he is awful in midfield.

ceefoo

If you think Luiz cant defend then you clearly dont watch him often and only listen to the BS in the media about him, ...
I watch him often enough to pass to make a fair and accurate assessment.

From what I have seen he:

- Lacks defensive tactical awareness.

- Switches off when danger is present.

- Commits rash and unnecessary challenges.

- Fails to organise a defensive-line.

- Frequently goes walkabout, neglecting his defensive duties.

- Makes misjudge decisions leaving others to clean up his mess.

- Does not have the instinct of a Central-Defender.

- Is NOT a Centre-Back

And NO, I do not judge a player based on what the media says.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
exactly! when Luiz has a great game and keeps a striker in his back pocket which he has done countless times last season, it rarely gets mentioned but as soon as he makes the smallest mistake everyone explodes and says the same rubbish 'Luiz cant defend' 'Luiz is a liabiilty' ect,

Luiz doesn't makes any more mistakes than any other top defender in Europe! Pique, Pepe, Ramos, Ivanovic, Subotic, Ferdinand, Kompany, Hummels ect have all made mistakes this season but difference is when they make mistakes its no big deal but when Luiz makes a mistake the whole footballing world erupts! Luiz has most likely made less mistakes than a lot of the top defender in Europe this season, but people choose to ignore that.

I guarantee next season Luiz could put in 10 MOTM performances in a row and then in the 11th match he could make a mistake and everyone will come out again and say the same things 'Luiz cant defend' ect! that for me is just another one of those football myths that will probably follow Luiz around for a while until people start making opinions on players by watching them and not by forming opinions from what they hear about a player.

I must have been really unlucky than, because this season I've probably seen his 11th match, than his 22and and than the 33rd and so on :lol:

K

kingleo

I watch him often enough to pass to make a fair and accurate assessment.

From what I have seen he:

- Lacks defensive tactical awareness.

- Switches off when danger is present.

- Commits rash and unnecessary challenges.

- Fails to organise a defensive-line.

- Frequently goes walkabout, neglecting his defensive duties.

- Makes misjudge decisions leaving others to clean up his mess.

- Does not have the instinct of a Central-Defender.

- Is NOT a Centre-Back

And NO, I do not judge a player based on what the media says.

HAHA! there is really no point even replying to this you clearly have just shown you haven't watched much of David Luiz! if any player had the attributes you mentioned and wanted to be a defender they wouldn't even get a professional contract let alone playing for one of the top teams in England and for one of the best International teams in the World!

I must have been really unlucky than, because this season I've probably seen his 11th match, than his 22and and than the 33rd and so on :lol:

you haven't seen him play much have you? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans