David Luiz

XaviMessiGirl

kingleo, can you just realize that not EVERYONE thinks that every Chelsea player is world class? It's more than a little annoying to see you constantly laughing at & belittling others' posts because they share a different opinion. You do it with Luiz, you do it with Torres... it's natural to love your club & show some bias towards them & their players but sometimes you go a little overboard.

K

kingleo

kingleo, can you just realize that not EVERYONE thinks that every Chelsea player is world class? It's more than a little annoying to see you constantly laughing at & belittling others' posts because they share a different opinion. You do it with Luiz, you do it with Torres... it's natural to love your club & show some bias towards them & their players but sometimes you go a little overboard.

I dont think every Chelsea player is world class! I know Luiz is though! its not the fact that people have a different opinion its the fact that people make their opinion on him because he made mistakes in his first half a season at Chelsea under Ancelotti and since then alot of people still thinks he makes the same mistakes, when in actual fact he has changed a lot and improved so much since then! and people dont even back up what they say, they just say Luiz cant defend but cant back it up with any facts! when he has been Chelsea's best defender last season by a long way.

Xavi_Hernandez

I've seen a lot of matches from David Luiz when Andre Villas-Boas was Chelsea's manager and most of the time he was pretty bad. I think that most critisicm came from that time, because Chelsea were trying to play possession football with a very high defensive line which didn't really suit Luiz and Terry that time. Then with Di Matteo and Benitez, I think he was better since both managers were playing a lot deeper. But you can seriously doubt whether he is good enough to play with a high line. Pace isn't the only attribute that's needed, even though he has a lot of it.

ammarfcb

ze special one
^ pretty much. people sometimes forget that tactics can mess up defensive players too, look at kompany this season he was destroyed by mancini's shit defensive tactics and even our very own defense, both full backs going up has exposed our CB's leaving them defending against a full force of top team's attacks, 1 player plays a pass out to the wing and suddenly our CB looks slow us fuark trying to run after the ball.

Meitux

I dont think every Chelsea player is world class! I know Luiz is though! its not the fact that people have a different opinion its the fact that people make their opinion on him because he made mistakes in his first half a season at Chelsea under Ancelotti and since then alot of people still thinks he makes the same mistakes, when in actual fact he has changed a lot and improved so much since then! and people dont even back up what they say, they just say Luiz cant defend but cant back it up with any facts! when he has been Chelsea's best defender last season by a long way.
Luiz world class?
tumblr_mnpptwKpCH1qin3w6o1_500.gif

K

kingleo

The only world class player in Chelsea is Petr Čech. FACT.

Cech, Mata, Cole, Luiz, Hazard (almost at a World Class level), Oscar, Lukaku & De Bruyne (will be in a year or two)

btw Learn the difference between Fact and Opinion. :wave:

DavidVillano1

Luiz is nowhere near world class. :lol:

Currently the only actual world class player is Mata, Cech has been up and down since his injury.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
World class players at chelsea:-

Courtois, Cole, Ramires, Mata, Hazard.

Players that eventually will get to world class level:-

Oscar, Azpilicueta, Luiz (as a DM).

IMO.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Depends on your definition. Mine is a player is world class in his position if he is amongst the top 5-10 in the world in that position.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Depends on your definition. Mine is a player is world class in his position if he is amongst the top 5-10 in the world in that position.

You think Ramires is? Also, I think it depends on how many good players of that position there are, take right back for instance, there really aren't that many great right backs in the world so making top ten isn't as much of a challenge as, say, making top ten AM.

Home of Barca Fans