David Luiz

Co0ter

Lots and lots of poor passes throughout the game, just gave Rooney way too much space for that goal too. Why wouldn't you commit to one of two players attacking you (particularly the one with the ball)....especially when you have multiple other fellow defenders behind you.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Don't know how I feel, but I think he will be a Barca player as soon as Mourinho arrives in London - 30M is the rumored fee. :icon_neutral:

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
There's only one Brazilian CB I want at Barça and he's playing in Paris.

And he's got nice decent hair.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I honestly have always like Luiz and I could see this working but it's very risky.

As far as skill, Luiz has everything we need: good in the air, great technique and passing range, fast and good in the tackle.

He is very loose in his marking tho, and his positional play is sloppy at times but he has shown signs of improvement.

For 25-30 mil, it won't be a bad signing by any means. His long shooting would be great to have against buses, we have needed someone who could hit screamers for a while.

It really depends on how he and Piqué mesh together tho. My knee jerk reaction is to think their concentration lapses could be detrimental but Luiz has enough hustle and athleticism that could complement Pique's laid back approach well.

Interesting move, will either be a moment of brilliance from Tito or he will flop big time.

I love his attitude towards the game tho, he plays the game with joy and that mentality will fit him in well with our group.

He's got hair like :puyol: so that's a start lol

xxxxxx

So they're prepared to spend 30 to 35m euros on Luiz but not 40m euros on Thiago Silva? Am I missing something here?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's probably a. Perfect fit for us. He is a player for our high line, not a terry type player that thrives in a deep line.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well, but imo we still need another defender. Bartra? Not sure... A defender like Abi, that could play RB or LB and of course CB.

Jadentheman

Well with the sale of David Luiz also apparently includes Ivanovic who can be used as a RB or CB. Although I prefer Montoya get the RB slot

Muttu

Mangala would be perfect. Strong, fast, amazing aerial and can play at CB and LB. Solid defender, only 22 years of age.

ceefoo

I honestly have always like Luiz and I could see this working but it's very risky.

As far as skill, Luiz has everything we need: good in the air, great technique and passing range, fast and good in the tackle.

He is very loose in his marking tho, and his positional play is sloppy at times but he has shown signs of improvement.

His long shooting would be great to have against buses, we have needed someone who could hit screamers for a while.

It really depends on how he and Piqué mesh together tho. My knee jerk reaction is to think their concentration lapses could be detrimental but Luiz has enough hustle and athleticism that could complement Pique's laid back approach well.
All this is true except, he makes numerous blunders and is a liability at CB.

And if he is paired with Pique: Who is going to lead the defence?
It'll be the blind leading the blind.:blind:This has 'accident waiting to happen' written all over it.

The only way he could fit at Barca is at CDM, and we are already fully covered there. And NO WAY is he worth even 25m.

A backline of Luiz-Pique will be an unmitigated disaster. You mark my words.

Home of Barca Fans