David Luiz

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So apparently Barca and Bayern are looking at Luiz again, and if he's sold, Chelsea will replace him with Zouma.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Oyy, some people are such haters.

Newsflash: if Luiz is so shitty, then why is he STILL the starting CB for Brazil over Dante?

Hope we lock this deal down soon and I'm gonna laugh when he comes in, bosses it up next to either Piqué or Bartra and starts hitting 33 yard screamers a la Koeman style, and everyone lauds about how good he is.

Remember back when people said Neymar was nothing more than a younger Robinho and would be a complete flop at Barça?

Is there like an anti-Brazilian bias here or something?

I say sell Song and pick up Luiz and Gustavo and that would be a solid January window for us.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I say sell Song and pick up Luiz and Gustavo and that would be a solid January window for us.

Luiz Gustavo and David Luiz, huh?

:party1: Double the Luiz, double the fun, eh?

Would still rather have Benatia, but Luiz is a massive improvement over Masche and maybe Puyol can teach Luiz to be our new Tarzan.

JamDav1982

I would take Luiz in a heart beat but if you are expecting him to transform into a Puyol type you will be disappointed.

He would play like Masch and take a lot of risks in stepping out to win ball early etc and will make similar errors to what Masch can at time. But that is part of that role and the positives outweigh the negatives in the long run for me.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The same way Jo is preferred over Diego Costa?

I do agree with this. Would take Luiz if we can get him on the cheap. But there's, I dunno, Musacchio, Benatia, Laporte, Howedes, Otamendi, Mangala, Koscielny, Vertonghen, etc, etc. all of whom I would take before Luiz.

PhilS

I'm intrigued about the possibility of Luiz at Barca. Especially against bad teams or park the bus teams, I'd love to see him banging in long shots from either DM or CB. His versatility is a big plus for Barca, and the guy would immediately be the best header on the squad.

Now, comparing him to Neymar might be a bit much, I'd have to say Neymar did hint at a higher potential pre-Barca.

JamDav1982

Luiz can be excellent when focused in the big games.

Like the CL final he played very well in a Chelsea defence missing its leader and in the confederations cup he probably out shone Thiago Silva.

He has that in him and on his day is as good as anything around.

Home of Barca Fans