David Luiz

Trickykid

True. He's good for our style and has pace which is good for our high line, and can head the ball. won't be as bada a some think but I think there's better out there.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it. The mere thought of him and Piqué in the central defense makes my head hurt. He's got great physical attributes, no doubt, but from what I have seen, his positioning and overall reading of the game is less than desireable, to say the least. I do look forward to some serious physical precense and force in our backline, though. Incoming counters, though? Not so much...

I really, really hope to be proven wrong, but this transfer has disaster written all over it.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
At least if he fucks up he has the pace to recover. We'll be better on counters with him as opposed to Masch. Like you said he has all the physical attributes. Will help with set pieces. I'm just trying to look at the positives here...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At least if he fucks up he has the pace to recover. We'll be better on counters with him as opposed to Masch. Like you said he has all the physical attributes. Will help with set pieces. I'm just trying to look at the positives here...

If he is not somewhere in the opposing box :lol:

Ok, but seriously, if he joins then I hope he gets his shit together and do well. Gonna support him, have to support him if he comes. Though I'd love if he stays at Chelsea or joins PSG.

L

linetty

If he is not somewhere in the opposing box :lol:

Ok, but seriously, if he joins then I hope he gets his shit together and do well. Gonna support him, have to support him if he comes. Though I'd love if he stays at Chelsea or joins PSG.
I see what you did there... Actually I'd also love if he stayed far away from Barcelona but gonna support him if he comes

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If you sign Luiz from us, I hope it's for an arm and a leg kinda price. Something to the tune of over 30-35m or more would be nice, especially as we've signed Zouma already for an okay fee so we have a replacement ready. That said, we may need to sign another midfielder as he's played midfield more often than not lately.

Zincubus

Banned
True. He's good for our style and has pace which is good for our high line, and can head the ball. won't be as bada a some think but I think there's better out there.

He's also committed and determined , he bullies players ( something we lack ) . He also has an amazing shot from distance .

People complain about our defence and then want us to buy this liability.

I'd love to see them them playing together in our midfield .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Was thinking similar as I try to come to terms with the horror prospect of him in our squad...Plus, we lack a bully in defense to counter the physicality our players so regularly face...Would be odd to have such a red card danger in the lineup though

barcanuck

PROS:

- Huge physical presence
- Experience with Brazil at Confed Cup vital
- Really good pace for his size (makes Cesc look like a turtle)
- Great long shot
- Heading abilities would be best on our team

CONS:

- Dumb fouls
- Dumb plays

Gohan

Super Saiyan
I just realized something. He goes in beastmode when he plays for Brasil. There is a reason Scolari pairs him up with Silva is because he excells when playing that high line. Maybe we are underestimating him because we keep referring to his Chelsea performances. Remember the final against Spain in the confed cup? He was beasting it up and not to menion his incredible line clearance against our own Pedrito.

Just to clarify I am not a fan of this guy, give me Benatia anyday allday over this guy. But all the cards seems to say that we are getting him. So if we get him we will try to make the best out of the situation.

Zincubus

Banned
I just realized something. He goes in beastmode when he plays for Brasil. There is a reason Scolari pairs him up with Silva is because he excells when playing that high line. Maybe we are underestimating him because we keep referring to his Chelsea performances. Remember the final against Spain in the confed cup? He was beasting it up and not to menion his incredible line clearance against our own Pedrito.

Just to clarify I am not a fan of this guy, give me Benatia anyday allday over this guy. But all the cards seems to say that we are getting him. So if we get him we will try to make the best out of the situation.

Pity we can't pair him up with Puyol . That said , maybe they could work together every day ...

Gilberto

Hmm you make it seem less worse than it actually is lol

Stric

Seriously, though, all joking aside... can someone who's been watching both of them closely tell me - would Luiz be worse than Mascherano?

Home of Barca Fans