David Luiz

F

Flavia

So why does Scolari chooses him constantly? Others also can be good because they play next to Silva, why not Dante or other CB?

Because Scolari likes him. He selected Henrique for the wc. Felipao has this thing where he trusts some players, no matter how they play for their clubs. Julio cesar is the starting gk.

JamDav1982

Luiz played a few good matches with Brazil and suddenly he's a God? International level is nowhere near club football. I wonder why some ppl keep comparing them. Plus during a whole season one's consistency is checked. How many matches he played with Brazil? Not a whole season which masked his biggest weakness- consistency.

And yeah just like Puyol masked Pique's deficiencies, Thiago Silva will mask any defenders deficiencies who plays beside him....

Did Thiago Silva do that against a poor Chelsea attack that could have scored 5/6 across two legs?

Excuses like Thiago Silva can make anyone look good as just their so you wont have to give any credit to Luiz no matter how he plays. Football doesnt work like that, judge Luiz on his own performances.

Trickykid

How many agreements have we had with Thiago Silva? Luiz isnt coming, at least not for now.

The two cases are nothing alike. PSG were never going to let Thiago Silva go - everyone but our board could see that miles away. Luiz on the other hand isn't rated by Mou, and I'm sure he'd love to cash in on him, so he could get someone who fits the Mou profile much better.

Luiz would be a typical Barca buy, and I can easily see our board wanting someone like him, and with Chelsea most likely being open for offers, I'm pretty sure he'll be our man... not that I like it one bit.

But, hey, the last part about him not coming now? That I can agree on... because, you know, the transfer window isn't open at the moment.

Co0ter

When David Luiz steps on the field you never know what kind of performance you're going to get- and for that reason alone I don't want him at Barca- he is not a solution.

Cule4life

The Culest
Did Thiago Silva do that against a poor Chelsea attack that could have scored 5/6 across two legs?

Excuses like Thiago Silva can make anyone look good as just their so you wont have to give any credit to Luiz no matter how he plays. Football doesnt work like that, judge Luiz on his own performances.

Judging Luiz on his own performance-Why is he played at DM for Chelsea. Why is even Ivanovic preferred over him at CB? Why does he have so many brainfarts?

JamDav1982

Judging Luiz on his own performance-Why is he played at DM for Chelsea. Why is even Ivanovic preferred over him at CB? WHy does he have so many brainfarts?

I am talking about the World Cup where you have covered yourself by saying 'Thiago Silva makes anyone look good'.

By that standard is it Thiago Silvas fault if Luiz fcks up?

Cule4life

The Culest
I am talking about the World Cup where you have covered yourself by saying 'Thiago Silva makes anyone look good'.

By that standard is it Thiago Silvas fault if Luiz fcks up?

Guess you missed out my reasons of Int level being nowhere club level and having too few matches to measure consistency like at club level. But yeah thats your thing isnt it? You conveniently ignore the parts which dont suit your agenda.....

JamDav1982

Guess you missed out my reasons of Int level being nowhere club level and having too few matches to measure consistency like at club level. But yeah thats your thing isnt it? You conveniently ignore the parts which dont suit your agenda.....

All the excuses you give so that you can deny Luiz on how he plays are laughable.

Judge him on how he plays at the WC. Good or bad.

L

linetty

The two cases are nothing alike. PSG were never going to let Thiago Silva go - everyone but our board could see that miles away. Luiz on the other hand isn't rated by Mou, and I'm sure he'd love to cash in on him, so he could get someone who fits the Mou profile much better.

Luiz would be a typical Barca buy, and I can easily see our board wanting someone like him, and with Chelsea most likely being open for offers, I'm pretty sure he'll be our man... not that I like it one bit.

But, hey, the last part about him not coming now? That I can agree on... because, you know, the transfer window isn't open at the moment.
Luiz isnt rated by Mou? He called him a monster just a month ago.

Mourinho would love to cash in on him? He has all the money in the world, courtesy of Roman Abramovich.

He is very valuable to Chelsea/Jose at the moment. He can play DM/CB & fits in well into the bus tactic.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Mourinho would love to cash in on him? He has all the money in the world, courtesy of Roman Abramovich.

He is very valuable to Chelsea/Jose at the moment. He can play DM/CB & fits in well into the bus tactic.

This interesting to me as well, because important players don't leave Chelsea unless they are not needed anymore, that's why I am still skeptical about these rumors.

Trickykid

Yeah, let's all believe whatever good ol' trustworthy Mou spins :lol:

Sure, Abramovich is loaded, but there's this thing called Financial Fair Play. Even though they aren't one of the clubs to be investigated yet, gone are the days, where they spend mindlessly without selling. I'm pretty sure Mou would like to spend big this coming window, if his ambitions to take the double next year are to be fulfilled.

If he's so very valuable to them, why has he only started 22 games combined in ChL and The PL?

Home of Barca Fans