David Luiz

Ursegor

World Champion
He could work in Barca's system or he could not. Whenever I see him I imagine Ramos would look exactly like him in a team like Chelsea in the EPL: fast, athletic, great in the air, good on the ball, a bit stupid, lapses of concentration at times, with a nasty streak and everyone calls him overrated. Still works well alongside Pique for Spain. Would definitely be a major improvement over Mascherano although he's not what I would call an optimal defender.

I'm surprised there are 0 rumours about Koscielny. Would also fit like a glove. And he plays for Barca's feeder club. Perfect profile for Barca.

L

linetty

He could work in Barca's system or he could not. Whenever I see him I imagine Ramos would look exactly like him in a team like Chelsea in the EPL: fast, athletic, great in the air, good on the ball, a bit stupid, lapses of concentration at times, with a nasty streak and everyone calls him overrated. Still works well alongside Pique for Spain. Would definitely be a major improvement over Mascherano although he's not what I would call an optimal defender.

I'm surprised there are 0 rumours about Koscielny. Would also fit like a glove. And he plays for Barca's feeder club. Perfect profile for Barca.
There were some rumours regarding Koscielny

Ursegor

World Champion
Well, I haven't seen any then. We're constantly linked with the same: Luiz, Hummels, Schar from Basel. Sometimes Musacchio or Laporte are on the covers of MD and Sport the next day after we play their respective teams. That's basically it. Oh, yeah. And T. Silva obviously.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We were linked to him last year, but then again, MD links to us every big player in the world anyway.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I feel he'll fit better at Barca than here though. He could be a top 5 CB in the world if he didn't have concentration issues, it's a real shame, he has almost everything to make himself a monster CB but he hasn't cut any of his faults out.

L

Learo

There is a reason fast and strong CBs usually have poor positioning and lacking in concentration. They have never had to develop a footballing brain and just depended on their physical attributes to bail them out.

But we really need to stop with this obsession about players from the massively overrated English league where every player would cost three times what they otherwise would have cost us. It is extremely stupid.

Look to other leagues, like the French league, the Portuguese league, leagues in Eastern Europe or South America. Dede for example could be an option.

B

beautifulgame

There is a reason fast and strong CBs usually have poor positioning and lacking in concentration. They have never had to develop a footballing brain and just depended on their physical attributes to bail them out.

But we really need to stop with this obsession about players from the massively overrated English league where every player would cost three times what they otherwise would have cost us. It is extremely stupid.

Look to other leagues, like the French league, the Portuguese league, leagues in Eastern Europe or South America. Dede for example could be an option.

^^^^^^

DonAK

I hope he learns some self discipline when he comes. He can be quite good if he doesnt leave his brain at home every time.

F

Flavia

Seems inevitable. He seems to be zubi's favorite for a while. Hope he keeps focused and makes less blunders if he really comes.

DonAK

Seems inevitable. He seems to be zubi's favorite for a while. Hope he keeps focused and makes less blunders if he really comes.

Yep. You know what the worst scenario is though? That we ONLY sign him and that he fails and that the transfer ban kicks in for next summer so that we are stuck with him.

I hope there is some other CB signed as well and I desperately hope we dont end up paying too much for David Luiz. 30 million euros should be absolutely maximum at any cost.

Im gonna be his biggest supporter when he comes. We desperately need him to use his strenghts and iron out his flaws.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Yep. You know what the worst scenario is though? That we ONLY sign him and that he fails and that the transfer ban kicks in for next summer so that we are stuck with him.

I hope there is some other CB signed as well and I desperately hope we dont end up paying too much for David Luiz. 30 million euros should be absolutely maximum at any cost.

Im gonna be his biggest supporter when he comes. We desperately need him to use his strenghts and iron out his flaws.

Didn't they pay more than that for him , he's improved considerably since then as well .

Home of Barca Fans