David Luiz

Chainsaw

Killahead
I find these price tags a bit odd. I mean 40m for Luiz, 37m for Laporte. That makes it a total 77m for two CBs, which is ridiculous even for Barca standards. Barca can get someone like Hummels and a back up CB and still pay lesser than that price.

L

Learo

Barca can get someone like Hummels and a back up CB and still pay lesser than that price.

No, we cant. 7 years of transfers say we cant. We will pay 60-65m for Hummels. Song will be sold for 6-7m. Backup CB will cost 20m. We never sign players on Bosman or players with a year left on the contract like rational clubs do. And if we do, they cost 100m like Neymar. Basically, a rule of thumb is that we pay twice of what any sane club pays for players, while we sell them for a third of the rational price. Think Chygrynskiy for 25m and David Villa for 2-3m.

Chainsaw

Killahead
No, we cant. 7 years of transfers say we cant. We will pay 60-65m for Hummels. Song will be sold for 6-7m. Backup CB will cost 20m. We never sign players on Bosman or players with a year left on the contract like rational clubs do. And if we do, they cost 100m like Neymar. Basically, a rule of thumb is that we pay twice of what any sane club pays for players, while we sell them for a third of the rational price. Think Chygrynskiy for 25m and David Villa for 2-3m.

60-65m for Hummels???!! Are you serious? Thiago Silva is probably the best CB out there and he cost much less for PSG. No defender worth that much really. And even if in thousands years Barca did pay such an amount for Hummels it would still be less than that 77m the media is going on about Luiz and Laporte.

Truthist

Although his game is made for La Liga there is no need way we should pay a penny over 25m.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Der Kaiser

I usually watch highlight videos of players I dont want to see at my club until I come to peace with it. Watching Luiz's "highlights" makes me even more nervous. He's all over the place, his positioning is god awfull. His runs forward are the last thing we need and his passing and technique looks very overrated to me, Hummels is far better at that. But I guess he's brazilian and a Nike athlete so he fits in.

Zincubus

Banned
I usually watch highlight videos of players I dont want to see at my club until I come to peace with it. Watching Luiz's "highlights" makes me even more nervous. He's all over the place, his positioning is god awfull. His runs forward are the last thing we need and his passing and technique looks very overrated to me, Hummels is far better at that. But I guess he's brazilian and a Nike athlete so he fits in.

What the hell are you watching ?

UTube vids usually show the player's highlights not the crap moments

I should know , I saw the Sanchez vids when we were due to sign him ....... He looked like a World beater :(

Der Kaiser

What the hell are you watching ?

UTube vids usually show the player's highlights not the crap moments

I should know , I saw the Sanchez vids when we were due to sign him ....... He looked like a World beater :(

Thats whats worrying me, even in his highlights he looks like a maniac on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans