David Luiz

Neymessi

For those not happy with the 30m we paid for him.Unlike neymar if this initial price is true then one must applaud the board for not overpaying like they always do.Like neymar,luiz is a big name and he would not have costed less than 30m.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Luiz is so fucking bad. I know Zubi is one of the biggest morons out there, but this is just absolutely intolerable. It can't be defended.

F

forcabarca

Have a feeling he'll do good at Barça. 30m is a decent price

Sent from my Nexus 4

Zincubus

Banned
Luiz is so fucking bad. I know Zubi is one of the biggest morons out there, but this is just absolutely intolerable. It can't be defended.

You think you know better than all the pro football people out there ? He could have his choice of clubs .

Neymessi

Oh come on..He is not that bad.Just think if we had bought skirtel or vermalen or agger or vertonghen or for gods sack mertersecker and you know that this could have very well hapenned with our current board.I am content it did not go worse.

Kohe321

I am becoming more and more positive about Luiz coming to Barca! I think he's going to be great here. Can't compare how he has played at CB for Chelsea with how he will do at Barca, it's just a completely different system we play, the league will fit him better, and he has the kind of personality you can tell will gel really well with our players. I think him and Pique will be an absolute beastly duo, and I can't wait for us to get a real physical presence and a fighter back in the team again, this has really been missed now that Puyol isn't playing. For instance, as someone else mentioned here earlier, I am really looking forward to seeing him fight back against some of Real Madrids more physical players like Ramos, Pepe and Benzema during corners and whatnot, and not just get bullied around physically like we do now (Benzema climbing over Masch to score a header in the 3-4 clasico being a perfect example). :D

Last edited:
F

Flavia

30 m pounds in that news, not euros. 37 m euros... Way too much. Why not get Laporte? Same price.

Stric

I will welcome Luiz if he comes. I'm skeptical, but at this point, I don't think he wouldn't be at least somewhat of an improvement to our defense. There's no one we can buy that will make a huge difference. As for the price, I don't even see the point in discussing it too much, since the entire world knows we've been wanting to buy a centreback for several years, and now that Puyol is leaving, it is clear as day to everyone that we'll definitely buy a CB, at whatever price necessary, because we're out of options. So it's either accepting huge prices or paying huge buy out clauses. There's no third option. Every price that is paid is realistic, because it's based on market demand.

30 m pounds in that news, not euros. 37 m euros... Way too much. Why not get Laporte? Same price.

Whichever way you put it, it's stupid on some level. If we bought Laporte (who's still basically a no-name, to be fair) for the same price we could have bought one of Brazil's first XI centre backs, there would be definitely be criticism.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Whichever way you put it, it's stupid on some level. If we bought Laporte (who's still basically a no-name, to be fair) for the same price we could have bought one of Brazil's first XI centre backs, there would be definitely be criticism.

Criticism from whom? Rosell? I would rather have Laporte than luiz

Stric

37M for a 19-year-old is no less stupid than 37M for a bizzare CB like Luiz, and that's even without taking into account that the latter is a CL winner and Brazil's starting CB.

Besides, I'm not even sure how I feel about this anymore, but if someone is going to take away Bartra's playing time, I'd rather it was a senior/high-profile player than an unproven 19-year-old from a fellow Liga club. That would be a real slap in the face to La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans