David Luiz

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
thank fak we won't spend that extra 1m.

its amazing how positive you guys can be all the sudden. luiz joining barca is disastrous. for most of his chelsea career he has been the liability in defence and not even defensive enough to play as a dm.

We have waited 3 years for new CB, we don't expect much from Zubi, so we will be happy get anyone at this point.

H

Haruko The Goon

€39m? good luck, you will need it.

Pique/Luiz would be pretty good in a high line mind you. Fast enough and agile enough to cope with pacey attackers, and strong/tall enough to cope with high balls.

It's not the strongest CB pairing in Europe by any stretch of the imagination, however, it could surprise some people, but time will tell.

L

linetty

Luiz can be pretty good for us but he needs to be taught responsibility. He can't run forward like a headless chicken.

anguy

Luiz is clearly superior than almost every realistic target. I would have liked Hummels but other than that? Either too young (Laporte) or overrated (Musacchio, Vertonghen, Agger, Mangala, Balanta etc. etc. etc.)

Vertonghen is great and he can play both CB and LB like Abidal. Musacchio is better defender, than Luiz and he would be available for free. Mangala is better too, although expensive. Only Agger and Balanta are overrated.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he does badly, then it's not his fault, it's the fault of the ones signing him while knowing that he is very error prone.

But of course, im sure most of us want him to do very well if he comes, well, atleast I hope people do. Him failing won't do us any good.

Are we seriously going to shell out 40m on Luiz? That's only 2m less than what PSG paid for TS :facepalm:

Well, it seems like it's pretty much a done deal. If Enrique doesn't block it, then I hope he succeeds. He'll probably at least be an improvement on what we have now, not that that's saying much...

serghei

Luiz is clearly superior than almost every realistic target. I would have liked Hummels but other than that? Either too young (Laporte) or overrated (Musacchio, Vertonghen, Agger, Mangala, Balanta etc. etc. etc.)

+1. Benatia and Hummels > Luiz, but Luiz is still great for a team of Barcelona's profile (all wrong for a team that parks the bus often like Chelsea). Luiz Pique could be very good. The only thing that's wrong is the price. 39m is way too much.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans