David Luiz

H

Haruko The Goon

We can. Instead of 28m, what Luiz is worth now, we'll pay 10-15m more just cause we're desperate to buy a CB.

that's modern football for you. You pay it, or you go for a cheaper alternative, - Usually what we, Arsenal do.

Yes, Hummels and Benatia. Getting the 3rd best realistic option isn't bad.

Why get the "3rd best option" for at least 10-15m more than he's worth when you can get the best option for less?

Oh well, I suppose it could have been worse. You're right that there aren't many realistic options, plus our scouts suck ass, so it's not like we're gonna get a hidden gem or anything.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Hummels isn't available but we could go for Benatia. I don't think the board likes him though as he lacks ball skills. That's why we are going for Luiz.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hummels isn't available but we could go for Benatia. I don't think the board likes him though as he lacks ball skills.

He is quite good with actually. I'd love to have tried out a 30m bid for him first and held talks with his agent.

Hummels isn't available but we could go for Benatia. I don't think the board likes him though as he lacks ball skills. That's why we are going for Luiz.

Don't know why they're obsessed with ball skills. Puyol never had them, yet he was the best CB in our best side ever. Benatia's a way better defender than Luiz, even if his ball skills aren't as good. Plus we already have Pique for ball skills.

Alarcón

Why get the "3rd best option" for at least 10-15m more than he's worth when you can get the best option for less?

There's no scientific evidence that Benatia is so much better than Luiz. All I know is that 1 year ago most football fans didn't know him while Luiz was a member of the best defense in the Confederations Cup and that's with the likes of Alves or Marcelo starting who are more winger than defender.

I will say that it's good that we're at least moving to make the signing quickly this time. Even if I don't like our target that much. Or the price we're gonna pay for him.

He should officially be a Barca player pretty much as soon as the transfer window opens, if Enrique doesn't block the transfer.

I'll admit that he has his qualities. Just hope he sorts out his weaknesses, because they're pretty big weaknesses.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Actually ball skills are quite important and it's better if both have them. Remember in Pep era he wanted Marquez and Pique but played Puyol because of injury.

serghei

Don't know why they're obsessed with ball skills. Puyol never had them, yet he was the best CB in our best side ever. Benatia's a way better defender than Luiz, even if his ball skills aren't as good. Plus we already have Pique for ball skills.

I think it's important. We will still have to go through teams that defend with 10 men. Luiz is able to go forward and take advantage of the empty spaces in front of him. If you don't do pressing, Pique and Luiz will start taking advantage of that free space. Why pass the ball if you're not attacked or pressed in some way? You shouldn't. Instead, you should advance with the ball on your feet until you get approached by an opponent, and in that moment you pass it. After you pass it, you go back to your place. Luiz does that, but Chelsea are exclusively a counter-attacking team. We aren't.

I have to admit, his long shots will help us against buses. His free kicks too, if he ever gets to take them. Not to mention his heading ability when we get corners.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He's been linked with Barça for so long... I was wondering why zubi didn't get him instead of song. It'd had been a much better signing. I don't remember if there was any talk about this.

Home of Barca Fans