David Luiz

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Btw, wasn't the rumored price 35m last summer? How the fuck did it increase?

Oh wait... :zubi:

Lets see what went down during negotiations:
Barca Board: Zubi get us Luiz tell them will be not give more than 39m for him
Zubi: Ok
In London:-
Zubi: Hey Chelsea I want Luiz
Chelsea: Ok we'll give him to you lets negotiate the price shall we
Chelsea: 35
Zubi: No
Chelsea: 34?
Chelsea: 30 but thats our final offer
Chelsea: How much do you want to pay for him
Zubi: Not a penny less than 39m and its non-negotiable I was given that amount and that all I am gonna give you :zubi:
Chelsea: You drive a hard bargin but Ok deal! :lol:

zanela

There's no scientific evidence that Benatia is so much better than Luiz. All I know is that 1 year ago most football fans didn't know him while Luiz was a member of the best defense in the Confederations Cup and that's with the likes of Alves or Marcelo starting who are more winger than defender.

Most football fans are not the best informed, or are in tune with outside the renowned. Quality is judged by way of consistency, not over an instance.
Benatia beats Luiz in every stat that matters and that includes PS. I'd post the stats myself but since you've called arguably the world's best CB as overrated, in order to make a case for David Luiz. I will just save the time. And its not so much about making errors (no one is infallible, neither is Mehdi), but about minimizing and regulating them.

I have to admit, his long shots will help us against buses. His free kicks too, if he ever gets to take them. Not to mention his heading ability when we get corners.

For some one who's regularly hailed for his heading ability, his aerial stats aren't particularly flattering.

As for his fks, one Chelsea fan wrote:
Not to mention we won't have every free kick blasted into row ZZ anymore.

Another:
Sell him. Too much money to resist for a player whose next brainfart is just around the corner.

The general sentiment of their fans seems to be that they'll miss his personality but not the footballer.

Neymessi

So chelsea gets costa for 32 and we get luiz for 39.Wow.Chelsea eliminates its liability with selling luiz for more than his worth and secures a top strikers position for less than his worth and we decrease our defensive liabilities by adding even more financial liabilities.

So chelsea gets costa for 32 and we get luiz for 39.Wow.Chelsea eliminates its liability with selling luiz for more than his worth and secures a top strikers position for less than his worth and we decrease our defensive liabilities by adding even more financial liabilities.

I believe they're getting Costa for 32m pounds. We're getting Luiz for 39m euros.

ammarfcb

ze special one
great at fk? luiz? some people like to speak about football more than they watch football.

i don't really get the benatia doesn't have 'ball skills' argument either. he has fairly good ball skills and a cool head. i'd take avg ball skills and a cool head over amazing ball skills and a head that can't concentrate any day.

great at fk? luiz? some people like to speak about football more than they watch football.

i don't really get the benatia doesn't have 'ball skills' argument either. he has fairly good ball skills and a cool head. i'd take avg ball skills and a cool head over amazing ball skills and a head that can't concentrate any day.

Ball skills first, Brazilian second, ability to play DM third, ability to defend last. :zubi:

Howes

I'm sure the price is negotiable, I mean Chelsea paid £25mil and with Zouma already signed for Chelsea and Costa on the way, £25mil will be more likely starting point and £30mil will be the max

Home of Barca Fans