David Villa

Mesu

Would not have changed anything tbh. We were not even close to their box a single time during the entire game. At least Messi could have had a couple of successful solo runs shaking things up, Villa can't get past weak La Liga players - sry to say. Tito should have started with a double pivot since we played with 2 fullbacks with weak defending skills, confused Pique and Bartra. At least a 0-2 result and we'de still have a chance at home.

Playing Villa vs Bayern in front of Messi would've done us a massive favor imo. the presence of a pure striker would've attracted the centerbacks more which could've given Messi more space for magic but then again Messi wasn't 100% and was barely walking throughout the match.

Scottro

Playing Villa vs Bayern in front of Messi would've done us a massive favor imo. the presence of a pure striker would've attracted the centerbacks more which could've given Messi more space for magic but then again Messi wasn't 100% and was barely walking throughout the match.

We have already seen the difference Villa can make vs Milan. The beating we took from Milan in the first game was pretty bad, along the lines of the Bayern game, and we netted 4 goals in the second match with Villa in there and the entire tone of the game changed.

To keep this in perspective 2 goals should have been disallowed without question and that 2-0 would have matched the Milan result. I have been very sceptical of Tito all season and even more so after his approach to the Bayern game. Going forward we need a top center back and a Falco/Aguero type guy up top and dare I say better tactics and we are in business IMO.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
El Guaje hasn't deserved the treatment he has received from Tito. I hope we sell him and let him continue his career elsewhere.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Maybe with Villa starting we would have lost 5-0. We'll never know.

We definitely know we lost 4-0 w/o him though.

Alexis is so fuckin' worthless on the wing sometimes, he just stands there and does nothing. He doesn't make any runs behind the defense, constantly dives... he linked up well w/ Fabregas for a couple games when Messi was out but MVP should have started all the big games they were healthy enough to do so this season. There's no question in my mind he would have drilled those sitters that Cesc and Alexis missed against Chelsea last year too.

Even Messi said it himself after the Milan comeback that El Guaje's movement w/o the ball allowed him more space to shoot.

Last edited:

Stric

Oh so now we're back to Villa being maltreated by Tito? Okay.

It got better in the 2nd half of the season (as Tito had said it would), but it really sucks to see him on the bench in a CL semi-final while Alexis Sanchez :facepalm: is out there. It's silly to go back to that after one game, but it does make a difference.

-SG7-

This might be his last game for Barca in the Champions league:(, hope he goes out there an tears Bayern a new one.

Home of Barca Fans