David Villa

Antimadridista1

Alexis is better than Villa?

Enough internet for today, then. :lol:

Or you are blind or you don't want to accept the fact that Alexis is actually better than Villa :)
Villa's not the same anymore, he doesn't run like before and it makes him slow. Secondly, you should have a look at the past two months and see which one of this two players was the more performant .

"Enough internet for today"... lol. I didn't say that Dos Santos was better than Iniesta as I know ; I just said the truth concerning the last performances of the two lads . Villa was one of the best CF in the world before his injury and now he's the ghost of the striker he was in the past. Admit it or.. close your computer "for today" .

Meitux

Or you are blind or you don't want to accept the fact that Alexis is actually better than Villa :)
Villa's not the same anymore, he doesn't run like before and it makes him slow. Secondly, you should have a look at the past two months and see which one of this two players was the more performant .

"Enough internet for today"... lol. I didn't say that Dos Santos was better than Iniesta as I know ; I just said the truth concerning the last performances of the two lads . Villa was one of the best CF in the world before his injury and now he's the ghost of the striker he was in the past. Admit it or.. close your computer "for today" .
in no comparison with Villa,Is Alexis good? Mostly this season he has been shit.He was only some good in a games that were meaningless and he didnt feel pressure...everybody said that this season he would be good and bla bla because 2011/2012 was his first and didnt adapt, i wouldnt give him more chances he had many..

Last edited:

Stric

Form in the last two months =/= in general

USWAY

Form in the last two months =/= in general

I'm not going to say Alexis is better than Villa, but not only to they play different wings, this is a what have you done for me lately game. You don't play based on past achievements and accolades regardless of what Tito is teaching people. Neymar shouldn't even start on the left when he comes, Tello should. And Alexis and Pedro on the right. And young Deulofeu can play both while he continues to develop.

No way Villa should be sitting on the bench like he would if he stayed. Sell him while he's still worth something, to a club that will actually play him as a striker, not a winger.

USWAY

As much as I agree that he's been the worst of our forwards, what exactly would we get on the open market for Pedro? Who wants him?

I also think that he'd make the most sense as a squad player who comes off the bench and presses (with more ferocity than anyone) and if he ever gets it back, scores those clutch goals he used to.

El Guaje

As much as I agree that he's been the worst of our forwards, what exactly would we get on the open market for Pedro? Who wants him?

I also think that he'd make the most sense as a squad player who comes off the bench and presses (with more ferocity than anyone) and if he ever gets it back, scores those clutch goals he used to.

Offer him to Monaco :p But, yeah, seems like theres no interest in him. But Im pretty sure that if he was offered to clubs, they would get some bids.

About your second point, the problem is that he is not a squad player... Tito loves him too much for that. Hes more of a untouchable starter than a sub...

King Leo

Banned
Is Villa getting old? true
Is it the right moment to sell Villa while he's price is still high? maybe
Is Alexis better than Villa? No
With Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Tello, Deulofeu do we need Alexis? No
Should we then sell both? YES!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Actually, the way we use him - not many takers probably. But played more centrally partnered with another forward (like a 4-4-2, or a variation), he could be very good. Imo, we should get at least 15M for him.

Stric

Is Villa getting old? true
Is it the right moment to sell Villa while he's price is still high? maybe
Is Alexis better than Villa? No
With Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Tello, Deulofeu do we need Alexis? No
Should we then sell both? YES!

:beer2:

Armando929

I personally would be in favor of Villa in the middle, Messi on the right, and Neymar on the left...

I doubt Villa stays, but I think that could be EXTREMELY effective in opening up defenses... If anybody needs to go to make room for Neymar, it's Pedro IMO. He hasn't done anything. Villa at least offers goals and link up play even if he doesn't have the same speed and energy level of his prime.

Home of Barca Fans