David Villa

El Guaje

I personally would be in favor of Villa in the middle, Messi on the right, and Neymar on the left...

I doubt Villa stays, but I think that could be EXTREMELY effective in opening up defenses... If anybody needs to go to make room for Neymar, it's Pedro IMO. He hasn't done anything. Villa at least offers goals and link up play even if he doesn't have the same speed and energy level of his prime.

Totally agree.

Edit: Messi should stay in the middle though. Id like to see more of the same gameplan and tactics they had against Milan with Messi a lil behind Villa.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
He's off. Wants to be a week in week out starter w/ the world cup coming out and no way he'll get that here with Neymar, Sanchez, and Pedro

Armando929

He's off. Wants to be a week in week out starter w/ the world cup coming out and no way he'll get that here with Neymar, Sanchez, and Pedro

Agreed. Which is why Pedro should be the one to go. All he does is run like a headless chicken.

But since he won't be sold, Villa is the one who will go but that probably won't solve our problem in attack. We really do need a striker IMO.

Stric

Agreed. Which is why Pedro should be the one to go. All he does is run like a headless chicken.

But since he won't be sold, Villa is the one who will go but that probably won't solve our problem in attack. We really do need a striker IMO.

Even if Pedro left, Villa still wouldn't get any more playing time, since they refuse to ever put him on the right (which is where Pedro plays).

ammarfcb

ze special one
it won't be a point of 'getting rid of' but rather villa pushing for an exit to get an important role for spain in WC 2014.
i'm surprised there aren't any strong rumours about his destination yet

DavidVillano1

Bottled it when he stepped up, always said he would tbh.
Yeh he bottled it so much in the CL final, eh? Or against Real in the 5-0 game. Nonsense post.

Villa has not been the same player this season, due to his bad injury and especially bad management with him, hopefully a fresh start at a new club with a pre season behind him will see his confidence return and get back near the class he used to be.

Saying that a return of 15 goals and 6 assists in 24 starts this season playing mostly out wide is a very good return when you analyze the circumstances he's dealt with this season.

Home of Barca Fans