David Villa

Armando929

Terrible miss. But otherwise he didn't play that bad.

He just needs a fresh start. A change of scenery, good pre season and management that believes in him.

Will be sad to see him go but it's for the best. For him and for the Spanish national team who will need Villa at his best for the World Cup.

ceefoo

His scoring boots have deserted him.:(

Oh well, at least he got an assist and those misses didn't cost us the victory.:yes:

It must be obvious to everyone now, even Villa's biggest supporters, that his time at Barca is up.

T

The Kingslayer

Yeh he bottled it so much in the CL final, eh? Or against Real in the 5-0 game. Nonsense post.

Villa has not been the same player this season, due to his bad injury and especially bad management with him, hopefully a fresh start at a new club with a pre season behind him will see his confidence return and get back near the class he used to be.

Saying that a return of 15 goals and 6 assists in 24 starts this season playing mostly out wide is a very good return when you analyze the circumstances he's dealt with this season.

Anyone could get those stats playing for Barcelona, infact that is poor when you put together appearances too and minutes per goals and chances he's missed, end of the day though David Villa plays for Barcelona and STILL gets people going "David Villa, what the hell as happened?" This is not a new thing, this goes on pages and pages, ever since he joined Barcelona there was talk of him leaving after 1 season.

In his first season, David Villa went 11 games without scoring once, how is this possible for an elite striker? How is this possible for a striker playing for Barcelona? Searching your posts, i see a post from you saying RVP is not World Class because he never scored for 11 games (his worst ever run) so if RVP is not world class for this reason you must surely think this about David Villa too?

I know what i think about David Villa anyway, a striker who WAS good at being a big fish in a small pond, i could see he was one of those players from a mile off, why? Because i've seen his type many times standing out at small/medium clubs and looking world class, soon as they change waters and take swim in the ocean they get swallowed by the sharks and shite'd out and David Villa crapped out of the arse alright, LITERALLY because his next club's first 4 letters start with arse and so does his next manager.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
really should be sold, bc next summer he will be worth nothing Neymar messi alexis is a nice front line, with deulo tello and pedro waiting on the bench

Mr Hulot

Anyone could get those stats playing for Barcelona, infact that is poor when you put together appearances too and minutes per goals and chances he's missed, end of the day though David Villa plays for Barcelona and STILL gets people going "David Villa, what the hell as happened?" This is not a new thing, this goes on pages and pages, ever since he joined Barcelona there was talk of him leaving after 1 season.

In his first season, David Villa went 11 games without scoring once, how is this possible for an elite striker? How is this possible for a striker playing for Barcelona? Searching your posts, i see a post from you saying RVP is not World Class because he never scored for 11 games (his worst ever run) so if RVP is not world class for this reason you must surely think this about David Villa too?

I know what i think about David Villa anyway, a striker who WAS good at being a big fish in a small pond, i could see he was one of those players from a mile off, why? Because i've seen his type many times standing out at small/medium clubs and looking world class, soon as they change waters and take swim in the ocean and they get swallowed by the sharks and shat out and David Villa shat out of the arse alright, LITERALLY because his next club's first 4 letters start with arse and so does his next manager.

You mean anyone, that is called Lionel Messi. Because Sanchez and Pedro played multiple minutes and couldn't do it.

Armando929

I know what i think about David Villa anyway, a striker who WAS good at being a big fish in a small pond, i could see he was one of those players from a mile off, why? Because i've seen his type many times standing out at small/medium clubs and looking world class, soon as they change waters and take swim in the ocean and they get swallowed by the sharks and shat out and David Villa shat out of the arse alright, LITERALLY because his next club's first 4 letters start with arse and so does his next manager.

Villa is anything but a big fish in a small pond. He was a big reason Valencia was competitive as long as they were and has consistently delivered for his club against big sides. For Valencia, he did it against the likes of Barca, Madrid, and Inter Milan.

For Barca, he has done it against Madrid, Man United, Milan, and others.

That's not even mentioning international level where he was the man carrying his side to help win Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010, becoming Spain's all time leading too scorer in the process.

These are not the accomplishments of a big fish in a small pond. These are the accomplishments of a legitimate world class player who deserves his respect.

T

The Kingslayer

Villa is anything but a big fish in a small pond. He was a big reason Valencia was competitive as long as they were and has consistently delivered for his club against big sides. For Valencia, he did it against the likes of Barca, Madrid, and Inter Milan.

For Barca, he has done it against Madrid, Man United, Milan, and others.

That's not even mentioning international level where he was the man carrying his side to help win Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010, becoming Spain's all time leading too scorer in the process.

These are not the accomplishments of a big fish in a small pond. These are the accomplishments of a legitimate world class player who deserves his respect.

So wait a minute David Villa has been a Barcelona success story? :messi:

Many average players go on to have fantastic small/average club careers and then go on to break records for their country.

But you say David Villa CARRIED Spain :lol: if anything Spain 08-12 (which was quite possibly is the best international team ever) carried David Villla and made him look better than what he really is, maybe if Spain had Defoe he would also be top scorer? That's the level i would put David Villa at as he is now anyway (Defoe). Maybe at his best he was a level 4 striker but never a level 5 striker ie the Drogba's/RVP's/Ibrahimovic's/Henry's/Eto'o's of the game.

Last edited:

Stric

Many average players go on to have fantastic small/average club careers and breaking records for their country.

But you go 1 further and say David Villa CARRIED Spain :lol: wow just wow! :lol: if anything Spain 08-12 (which was quite possibly is the best international team ever) carried David Villla and made him look better than what he really is, maybe if Spain had Defoe he would also be top scorer? That's the level i would put David Villa at as he is now anyway (Defoe). Maybe at his best he was a level 4 striker but never a level 5 striker ie the Drogba's/RVP's/Ibrahimovic's/Henry's/Eto'o's of the game.

Wow!

Somehow you've managed to make it sound like Spain's all time top scorer is actually a mediocre player carried by the team.

Well done! :lol:

T

The Kingslayer

Defoe /facepalm why is that? He's more comparable to Defoe now than he is RVP, that's not making lies up, Defoe misses chances/David Villa misses chances, Defoe as a poor goals per minutes ratio and so does David Villa.

As for me making Spain's top scorer sound mediocre, i think he's a slighty above mediocre, Berbatov broke all records for Bulgaria, yet he flopped when he stepped up and not as bad as David Villa.

Last edited:

Armando929

Many average players go on to have fantastic small/average club careers and then go on to break records for their country.

But you say David Villa CARRIED Spain :lol: if anything Spain 08-12 (which was quite possibly is the best international team ever) carried David Villla and made him look better than what he really is, maybe if Spain had Defoe he would also be top scorer? That's the level i would put David Villa at as he is now anyway (Defoe). Maybe at his best he was a level 4 striker but never a level 5 striker ie the Drogba's/RVP's/Ibrahimovic's/Henry's/Eto'o's of the game.

RVP???...

ceefoo

The difference with Villa and those other big fish/small pond strikers you talk about is, Villa has won numerous titles at Club & International Level, whilst making significant contributions.

I agree that Villa is NOT "World Class" anymore. World Class (strikers), to me, is: Messi, Ronaldo (Brazil), Van Basten. These guys are UNDISPUTABLY World Class. The term is banded about waayy too often for my liking.

I have also said that ANY striker who goes a 11 games without scoring cannot be considered world class, so that also rules out RVP.

However Villa plays predominately on the wing, which is not his natural position, so it would be harsh to judge him with the same criteria.

And you cannot compare Villa to that :shit: stain Defoe. You are undermining your argument when you state that.

Home of Barca Fans