David Villa

-SG7-

i think Villa couldve helped spain alot more tonight had he started, his link up play with his team mates is much better than torres. Dunno why Del Bosque cant see that

Scottro

i think Villa couldve helped spain alot more tonight had he started, his link up play with his team mates is much better than torres. Dunno why Del Bosque cant see that

In Torres defense I think he had not recovered from the Italy game. He appeared the tiredest player out there in both games IMO. I thought Villa did great against Silva despite the posts on here. It was Silva that Villa backed into the box on the dribble and got the great shot against. Far from being owned, Silva was very tentative in closing down the space on that play. I do remember one play that Villa tried to dribble against Silva and Silva steped in a muscled him off the ball thou. Just to keep things in perspective on that matchup Messi looses 12 balls for every ball won back such is the sucess rate of a striker they loose far more battles than they win if not the scores would look like American football scores.

Keikoku

Cabbage
If my perception is working well, this is what i've got...

user 1 : Got owned by Thiago Silva. (talking about Villa)

user 2 : Currently, who doesn't? At least he got a shot on target . Torres didn't..

user 3 : Messi

user 4 : Messi is the exception to the rule!

user 5 : Messi is out of this world.

me : do you guys seen Bayern vs Barca first leg? :VdB:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

user 2 : Currently, who doesn't? At least he got a shot on target . Torres didn't..

Messi hadn't recovered completely when he was playing vs Bayern.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

He was still injured and that's why he had a bad game. Stop putting Messi down all the time. He is the reason we won the league, like it or not.

Keikoku

Cabbage
^ Let's cut off all excuses, shall we?
But.. but... Messi was unfit and not fully recovered yet vs Bayern...
I know I know, my point is even Messi had bad game where he completely shut down by the opponents.
Like it or not Bayern players shut him off, fact.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
^ Let's cut off all excuses, shall we?
But.. but... Messi was unfit and not fully recovered yet vs Bayern...
I know I know, my point is even Messi had bad game where he completely shut down by the opponents.
Well, at least we witnessed that Barcelona without Messi is nothing, like it or not. :p

Ghost

Same team he scored twice and assisted a goal against in 2009. A fit Messi could easily obliterate Bayern, especially at Camp Nou. Thier defence is not all that.

Note that I was rooting for Bayern in the final. I hold no grudge against them.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I wish people would understand that excuses≠reasons.

No, Messi has a bad game when he's hardly fit and can't even make a run because of injury. Any top team would have shut him down that day, not just Bayern.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Silva and Messi squared off personally only twice, with Silva winning one and Messi winning another. Messi made a nice dribble and shot just before going off at half time that's not shown in the above video (5:10 on the first video below). Second leg, Silva didn't do anything vs Messi, was drawn out by Messi for Barca's goal and hacked Messi down for a yellow card.

[video=vimeo;63255866]http://vimeo.com/63255866[/video]

[video=vimeo;63824890]http://vimeo.com/63824890[/video]

Last edited:

Darko

Love these random debates in a random thread,Thiago Silva vs Messi in the Villa thread,whats next Mc Donalds vs Burger King in the Tito thread?

Home of Barca Fans