David Villa

J

jtmx12

You really can't believe what those guys say.... they always deny thing, even when they are true. It's like Pep Guardiola, in January 2013 he said he was still looking for a team, but in Dec 2012 he already had signed for Bayern...

Not saying the Arsenal thing is true, but even if it was they would still deny it...

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

'Barcelona do not want to sell David Villa, they have made that very, very clear,' Wenger said.

When asked if there was any room for negotiation, the Arsenal boss replied: 'No.'

Hmm... So if that's true, they don't want to sell Villa, but they won't let him play either (tomorrow, pretty sure) lawl xD

Congratulations to Villa for his 3rd child!

Maria

Villa needs to go to Arsenal. A class striker like him should not be left on the bench for the final good years of his career.
A class striker in the final years of his career like him would prefer staying on the bench of the best team in the world and winning more titles in one year than Arsenal did in the 8 last years.
I'd love to see him at Arsenal, tbh.
Why would you love to see him at such a depressing club? Do you want to see him sad in the stands when Bayern is going to humiliate them? I would rather see him at Sporting, helping them to return in Primera.
Barça and Guillem Balague denied it already. Villa is not for sale.
If a perico who was saying that Pep is definitely going to England denied it, then I believe him.

Congratulations Villa. His 3rd child, Luca was born last night.
Congratz for the birth of his child and for choosing a better name than his team-mates did!

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I would kind of like Villa going to Arsenal in the summer, just so I could see him playing and shredding up the Premier League.

Boris

I would kind of like Villa going to Arsenal in the summer, just so I could see him playing and shredding up the Premier League.

Same here. It's no use of him sitting on the bench. Arsenal seems like a fine choice, hopefully the deal happens in the summer. Just please no City,PSG and the likes .....
He'll play at wednesday, I'm sure. Not the whole match but some 15-20 mins yes.

J

jtmx12

A class striker in the final years of his career like him would prefer staying on the bench of the best team in the world and winning more titles in one year than Arsenal did in the 8 last years.!

Some players are happy in the bench because they know their talent is short. A player like Villa that has won everything and was the top goalscorer in the Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010 and has a bunch of millions € in his bank account, doesn't really care about money anymore, only cares about keep playing, because he loves the game, and because he wants to retire even as a bigger legend in Spain, helping them to hopefully get the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup & the World Cup 2014. In order to do that, he needs playing time, something Barca can't give him and that's the reason why he's not happy.

Tito and the staff thinks they can do well without Villa so I don't really care if he stays or leaves to Arsenal or another team, I just hope that he willget play a lot in the next half season, because he deserves it.

Last edited:

loozy

Why would you love to see him at such a depressing club?

Arsenal is not a depressing club and I never called for him to transfer mid-season :wave: I want him to transfer during the summer window. Hopefully Santi can convince him during the Confed Cup :D

Congrats on the baby :wbounce:

Last edited:

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Congrats on the baby!

And I'd like to see him move at the end of the season as he deserves better than what's happening right now. Would like to see him move to a club a bit better than Arsenal tho.

Stric

I want to see him at RW in Barca. He has no weak foot, I don't see a reason why we couldn't at least try it out sometime when we're in a comfortable lead. You never know, it might work. And if it did, it would open endless possibilities for rotation. Iniesta-Messi-Villa? Yes, please.

N

Noldorin

I want to see him at RW in Barca. He has no weak foot, I don't see a reason why we couldn't at least try it out sometime when we're in a comfortable lead. You never know, it might work. And if it did, it would open endless possibilities for rotation. Iniesta-Messi-Villa? Yes, please.

But why RW? Surely if anything he should replace Fabregas and play on left wing, with Iniesta back in midfield. Pedro is playing very well now again, so he should retain his RW spot in my view.

Meitux

But why RW? Surely if anything he should replace Fabregas and play on left wing, with Iniesta back in midfield. Pedro is playing very well now again, so he should retain his RW spot in my view.
yeah its like cesc isnt on the top of his form so villa should replace him immediately now...pffff..

Last edited:

Stric

That's true, Pedro has come back to his best form almost. But it's just a hypothetical situation. I meant it in terms of what we've been seeing for most of the season. If we use our best line-up, that means Iniesta at LW, with Cesc and Xavi in midfield. With Iniesta kicking so much ass at LW, and Cesc playing as good as he has been in midfield, I'd rather put Villa at RW (presuming this could work) instead of Pedro than at LW instead of Iniesta, with Cesc on the bench. But then again, it's just a hypothetical question, presuming that Cesc plays at his best and Pedro is on a scoring drought. In that case, I'd like to see the experiement of Villa at RW. But with Pedro playing as well as he has been for the last few games, I have no problem with him retaining his RW spot. :) It's just that in usual conditions, if we wanted to play Villa for the better part of a game, I'd rather see, for example, Villa play 70 mins and Pedro 20, then Villa 70 and Cesc 20. Cesc's playing has just been too good to not take maximum advantage of. But with our current situation, Pedro and Cesc playing most of the game and Villa and whoever (Alexis, Tello) coming on later has been working out well. It's just kinda sad for Villa, that's all.

Home of Barca Fans