David Villa

sukhy

I doubt he'll start the cup Clasico, Tello-Messi-Pedro up front, and in the league Clasico he will start with Messi & Pedro.

hellsangel1

Good to see him scoring, the team really needs it...

Aside from that he didn't have a particularly good performance, but with the overall form of the team I'll take it...

Villa plays better in a central role,he 's not as good of a passer as some of our others players but he does have the killer instinct in front of goal that we really need. His run and movement for the first goal really showed his quality. Even if he doesn't start against Madrid, he should play significant minutes and not just come on for the last dying minutes or whatever.

Stric

Messi played all 90 minutes, Alves too, That doesn't mean they won't start against RM, David villa hardly got any minutes lately, It's not like he's exhausted for tito to rest him.

I think all of us here understand that Villa sadly does not fall into the same category as Messi and Alves in the eyes of our staff. He will not start on Tuesday. He likely won't play at all. Has anyone got the statistics - has Villa even played in two back-to-back games in a single week this season at all? I think he'll play in next weekend's Clasico (although again he most likely won't start). And he probably wouldn't play then, either, as he hasn't played in a single important match this season, but with so many games this week they'll simply have to give him a shot because there's not that many players to rotate with.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Villa doesn't have the legs of Messi and Alves either. I don't think he's fit enough to play 90 minutes on tuesday. I just hope he plays some part, and as a striker.

raskolnikov

Villa doesn't have the legs of Messi and Alves either. I don't think he's fit enough to play 90 minutes on tuesday. I just hope he plays some part, and as a striker.

78 min vs Real would be fine, the man showed again how deadly he can be, to me in difficult games he should always play since he is the only natural goalscorer beside Messi and you know they will put 4 man on him during the game.
His position in the first 11 should definitely be more of a lock than Pedro's seems to be at times.

barcanuck

Played LW - CF - RW today, if he doesn't get a single minute in the Copa Classico I would like to get Tito's whatsapp and messge him so direct words.

Villa7

Villa starting against Madrid? :lol: guys you are funny
its end of February and you still cant see how he is not starter anymore....geez

I had lost all my hopes on Tito a long time ago, but I'd say this is different tho. Our whole season is in dangerous against Madrid & Milan and if Tito decides to bench Villa, and we lose those titles, none will forgive him. The fans, camp nou, everyone is aware what's missing in the startling line up: Villa, but Tito doesn't give a crap about us. I don't know if there's a record for ovations in Camp Nou, but Villa got like 6 of them at least this season. The Camp Nou loves him, that's probably something that keeps Villa working hard, perhaps not for the coach, but for the fans that gave him all the support when he broke his leg.

Villa has rested a lot lately because of his last "injury", and due to the fact that he barely plays. He's fit to play against Madrid, if the coach wants to. If that happens, and we get a good result, then let's bench Villa in the next 2 Liga games and save him for Milan.

As for his game last night, it wasn't an awesome performance, but he scored, which was pretty useful.

At the end, goal is what makes you win games, enough with the crap that people always say that Pedro & Alexis defensive "skills" are overrated, that they are very useful. We all would change that for a single goal of Villa in Milan, because a 2-1 or even a 3-1 is still better than a 2-0.

Even if Villa was fit to play against Milan, I'm 100% sure he wouldn't have been a starter. Tito has been forcing Alexis in the line ups the whole season, expecting him to get better. Same thing now happens with that "awesome" line up, he's using constantly expecting it to work at some point, but like with Alexis, it doesn't. Just because he doesn't want to get rid of Cesc.

Last edited:
Villa = Goal

I can't understand why he doesn't play more often. I can't.

Because of the Cesc with Iniesta on LW lineup.
To be fair, that lineup has worked pretty well this season. We'll definitely need some changes against Milan (and probably defensive teams in general) though.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Because of the Cesc with Iniesta on LW lineup.
To be fair, that lineup has worked pretty well this season. We'll definitely need some changes against Milan (and probably defensive teams in general) though.

But it is more easy than that. Alexis out and Villa in. Yesterday with Alexis: 0-1, with Villa: 2-1

F

Flavia

But it is more easy than that. Alexis out and Villa in. Yesterday with Alexis: 0-1, with Villa: 2-1
Alexis isnt on the main starting 11, though. It's Cesc, and Iniesta at lw, or pedro, who are taking Villa's spot.

K

Karnivore

Villa - Messi - Pedro

If Roura or Vilanova are that desperate to play Fabregas, drop Busquets and either play Xavi deeper (seeing as he's so reluctant to put the ball through on goal), or play Fabregas just ahead of Xavi and Iniesta where he can be the creative hub like he was at Arsenal.

Playing Iniesta out wide is just absurd. Barcelona are good enough to get away with it in matches against 90% of teams in La Liga, but against better sides it just looks awkward, as Milan proved.

Home of Barca Fans