Defender for next season?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Papadopoulos just renewed to 2016. IF we would want him, it would now cost a lot more... Too bad, great prospect in the area of CB's.

CatalinR10

Barcelona don't plan to make an emergency signing of a centre back to cover for the injury of Carles Puyol. [mundo deportivo]

F

Flavia

We have Macherano, Pique, Bartra, Busi/Song can play as a CB also, so I don't understand your indignation.

Think first, then speak.
Song is surely the answer to the cb problem, right? Bartra is not being used, Puyol's injured, so is Pique. The cb has been a problem since Abidal got sick, and Puyol started having constant injuries. No cb was brought. And while Masch did well turning to a cb, Song hasn't showed the same will happen to him. And Busquets as cb is something I never want to see again.

PacoBJuarez

We have Macherano, Pique, Bartra, Busi/Song can play as a CB also, so I don't understand your indignation.

Think first, then speak.

I think his indignation comes from four things:

1. Tito refuses to use Bartra or any other youth product (reasons don't matter, they might be ready or might not be), so he doesn't count.
2. Busi should not be playing CB, he should be where he is the best pivot in the world. Period. He's out.
3. Song is not ready to be a CB yet. While I'm starting to come around on his raw physical potential and his knack for making great tackles, he's not there yet. He's out.
4. So now you have Pique and Mascherano (Puyol we know is an injury risk, and even if he wasn't he can't be expected to play as often as he used to). Two quality CBs, with a conditional third... for a team that is fighting to be the best in the world. That's where the indignation is coming from. It's coming from being able to recognize a potential problem and refusing to address it.

Home of Barca Fans