Defender for next season?

Arachnid

3. Song is not ready to be a CB yet. While I'm starting to come around on his raw physical potential and his knack for making great tackles, he's not there yet. He's out.

Song? Tackles? I don't even mean great ones, I mean, tackling? At all?

Using his height to intercept a ball, sure, but tackling? He's only noteworthy about his tackling because he never does that, or gets carded when he tries.

Trickykid

Song? Tackles? I don't even mean great ones, I mean, tackling? At all?

Using his height to intercept a ball, sure, but tackling? He's only noteworthy about his tackling because he never does that, or gets carded when he tries.

You're talking out of your ass. Song is a decent tackler and has made plenty when he's played so far. I can't be arsed, but go have a look at whoscored.com if you want proof.

Trickykid

How do you make signings when the TW is closed tho? am i missing something?

I was wondering the exact same thing. I guess they're refering to the winter window, but the again, Puyol should be ready by then, so all in all it sounds like more media made-up crap.

M

Messi+Eto

You're talking out of your ass. Song is a decent tackler and has made plenty when he's played so far. I can't be arsed, but go have a look at whoscored.com if you want proof.

RFLMAO. . . . You deserve an award. Tell me when they start voting for post of the year. . . . You'll get my vote!

mixer

Why Song can't be a CB? I know he isn't a great defender, but neither is Mascherano. Masche made some shameful mistakes also (against rm - for example).
Pique should be ready for RM.
Bartra have performed well recently, and I'm sure Tito will be using him step by step.
Abidal may return even this year.
I know Busquets shouldn't play CB but he can cover that position.
Fontas is an option also.

We can survive this season with many defensive rotations, then we will buy someone.

Arachnid

Go take a cool shower and go to sleep. You think like a spider. So you singled out just that tackle? Guess what shoulder shove or any infringement = Red card, Reason = Last defensive man.

Remember Adriano and Ronaldo's incident?

Look, everywhere else, in every other team, the last defender doesn't just allow the attacking player to score. That's why you have people who can do clean tackles in that spot. Song is not a clean tackler. Quite the opposite. That's my point.

Trickykid

Well, I CAN be arsed. Here, Song making Negredo look like the new Van Basten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lg6z1VYCqY

Saying a player can't or won't tackle AT ALL because of one isolated incident? Yeah, that's just mindboggingly awesome reasoning, buddy.
If you'd take a look at whoscored, you'd realise that he's 2nd in tackles per game in the team. You'll probably counter it with something like barca isn't a tackling team, well, fair play to you, but in that case he should fit right in, huh?

Arachnid

Saying a player can't or won't tackle AT ALL because of one isolated incident? Yeah, that's just mindboggingly awesome reasoning, buddy.
If you'd take a look at whoscored, you'd realise that he's 2nd in tackles per game in the team. You'll probably counter it with something like barca isn't a tackling team, well, fair play to you, but in that case he should fit right in, huh?

I don't know what whoscored counts as tackles, I can only tell you that Song was a terrible tackler at Arsenal and he's still a terrible tackler in Barcelona. But what do I know, I only watch the matches instead of reading stats about them.

Trickykid

I don't know what whoscored counts as tackles, I can only tell you that Song was a terrible tackler at Arsenal and he's still a terrible tackler in Barcelona. But what do I know, I only watch the matches instead of reading stats about them.

Haha, snappy comeback.
Disregarding his past and statistics (which apparently doesn't matter at all), Song has had some very good and clean tackles here at Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans