Defender for next season?

Arachnid

Haha, snappy comeback.
Disregarding his past and statistics (which apparently doesn't matter at all), Song has had some very good and clean tackles here at Barcelona.

Which I haven't seen. I've seen plenty instances of him not tackling, getting a yellow for trying or not even being there to tackle anything.

Arachnid

Your loss really. And yeah, all those damn yellows! All 1 of them!

His first action as a Barcelona CB. And it's not really my loss, believe me. I wish he could tackle at all. It would be great if he could. Sadly, things are what they are.

JamDav1982

For this season whoscored.com has Song as having an average tackles per game higher than any defender at Barcelona or Madrid, other than Dani Alves.

Arachnid

For this season whoscored.com has Song as having an average tackles per game higher than any defender at Barcelona or Madrid, other than Dani Alves.

And yet i haven't seen a single one. Nobody in here can give me a single instance. I can point out all the tackles he didn't do and costed us, like in the Spartak game. Can anybody give me a single instance of Song tackling? Pretty please?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we failed to find appropriate defender this summer what chances do we have during winter transfer window when clubs are reluctant to sell.
We don't have the money anyways. 8 mil. or so are left from our 40 million transfer budget.
Best to put the trust in what we have and hope for the best.

Trickykid

And yet i haven't seen a single one. Nobody in here can give me a single instance. I can point out all the tackles he didn't do and costed us, like in the Spartak game. Can anybody give me a single instance of Song tackling? Pretty please?

Ok, I'll play along here.

1. Open a new window in your browser
2. Click the address line field
3. Type youtube.com

Are you with me so far?
If that's the case, you may proceed, otherwise go back to step 1.

4. In Youtube search for Alex Song Valencia (note: the capitals aren't a must here)
5. Click one of vids called Alex Song vs. Valencia
6. Wait for the video to load
7. If you haven't already at this point, put on your glasses and wipe the murk off your computer screen
8. Watch the video
9. Profit!

You'll see at least a couple of neat and clean tackles there, I kid you not, buddy, I kid you not...

JamDav1982

Whether you remember him making tackles or not irrelevant, as the facts show he is putting in more than any defender from the big two in La Liga other than Dani Alves.

Arachnid

Ok, I'll play along here.

1. Open a new window in your browser
2. Click the address line field
3. Type youtube.com

Are you with me so far?
If that's the case, you may proceed, otherwise go back to step 1.

4. In Youtube search for Alex Song Valencia (note: the capitals aren't a must here)
5. Click one of vids called Alex Song vs. Valencia
6. Wait for the video to load
7. If you haven't already at this point, put on your glasses and wipe the murk off your computer screen
8. Watch the video
9. Profit!

You'll see at least a couple of neat and clean tackles there, I kid you not, buddy, I kid you not...

You can't just type and paste a simple youtube address? I mean, not even using the link button, but you can't even copy and paste? That's odd.

And fine, I'm sure he's done a decent tackle or two, but you kinda picked the wrong video: 0:27, foul, 1:10, going with both feet, he got lucky there was no contact... and he was a midfielder against valencia, while he's going to play as a CB... I wonder why there's no Alex Song vs Spartak or Sevilla video...

Oh, right.

But hey, delude yourself as much as you feel like.

Trickykid

Hahah, wow, you really are a sad little one, huh? I've never claimed that he was a great tackler. I just reacted to your rediculous claim that he never tackles. Obviously you were wrong.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The only Cbs we can go for are ones who havent played in the Champions League

Arachnid

Hahah, wow, you really are a sad little one, huh? I've never claimed that he was a great tackler. I just reacted to your rediculous claim that he never tackles. Obviously you were wrong.

Yes, that's what's called "exaggeration". You see, we humans are not actually literal the whole time.

Trickykid

Yes, that's what's called "exaggeration". You see, we humans are not actually literal the whole time.

I see. And when we bring the stats to the table, you just ignore them, and claim that we don't even see the matches. You're a hard man to debate with.

Arachnid

I see. And when we bring the stats to the table, you just ignore them, and claim that we don't even see the matches. You're a hard man to debate with.

I've never believed in football stats, frankly. The lack of context makes them meaningless, whether they support a point I'm making or not. Now, Song is not a defender. We've played several matches lately having to pull a last minute comeback because we are not defending. And all the stats in the world won't change that. You may decide that Song is a great tackler, if you want. Just saying, don't be surprised when we start losing points like crazy.

Trickykid

I've never believed in football stats, frankly. The lack of context makes them meaningless, whether they support a point I'm making or not. Now, Song is not a defender. We've played several matches lately having to pull a last minute comeback because we are not defending. And all the stats in the world won't change that. You may decide that Song is a great tackler, if you want. Just saying, don't be surprised when we start losing points like crazy.

Fair enough. I just think your're being way too harsh on Song, and it seems you refuse to give any form of credit where it's due.
Oh, and please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I've never said he was a great tackler, but he's nowhere near as bad as you claim him to be.

Home of Barca Fans