Defender for next season?

M

Messi+Eto

Hey what do you guys think about Nicolas Nkolou . . . Plays in France so should be considerably cheap. Would be a great buy if we can get him. A lot of people rate him highly, so do I.

Last edited:

Trickykid

We have a pretty nice and easy stretch of matches before we hit xmas, and considering Pique will back soon, Puyol and even King Abi (yeah, I don't know about that either, but hey, both the doctors, the squad and Abidal himself believes so) will be back in time for the transfer window to open, I really can't see us sign anyone during the winter window.

M

Messi+Eto

We have a pretty nice and easy stretch of matches before we hit xmas, and considering Pique will back soon, Puyol and even King Abi (yeah, I don't know about that either, but hey, both the doctors, the squad and Abidal himself believes so) will be back in time for the transfer window to open, I really can't see us sign anyone during the winter window.

You actually think we will rely on Old men to secure the defence? I mean no disrespect to Puyol, but he is not getting any younger. . . .Neither is Abidal.

Trickykid

You actually think we will rely on Old men to secure the defence? I mean no disrespect to Puyol, but he is not getting any younger. . . .Neither is Abidal.

For this season, yeah I do. Next summer we can go all in for a star cb - one who can actually enter our best starting xl and improve it. Right off the bat, I can't think of a single not cup-tied player out there who could do that this winter.

B

beautifulgame

For this season, yeah I do. Next summer we can go all in for a star cb - one who can actually enter our best starting xl and improve it. Right off the bat, I can't think of a single not cup-tied player out there who could do that this winter.

DEDE

Trickykid

I haven't seen enough of Dede to thoroughly judge him, but he does looks interesting. However, would I want to depend on a completely unproven, young brazilian cb to shore up our back four, and make the many wrongs in our defense right? Nah, I doubt it.

B

beautifulgame

I haven't seen enough of Dede to thoroughly judge him, but he does looks interesting. However, would I want to depend on a completely unproven, young brazilian cb to shore up our back four, and make the many wrongs in our defense right? Nah, I doubt it.

Firstly, any defender will make mistakes in the beginning, just like Pique.

Secondly, if you want someone that already knows how to play without much cover then S. America and especially Brasil is the place to go looking.

Thirdly, can dribble and pass.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Firstly, any defender will make mistakes in the beginning, just like Pique.

Secondly, if you want someone that already knows how to play without much cover then S. America and especially Brasil is the place to go looking.

Thirdly, can dribble and pass.

One could think so, but considering the trackrecord of brazilian cbs making it at a european top club coming straight from Brazil, it's clearly not very often the case. I can't think of anyone, except for Thiago Silva (like Dedé he wasn't a mere talent when he went to Milan at the age of 25, so perhaps that would be an adequate comparison), who went on to be a hit at a big club.

Of course someone needs to break the mould sooner or later, and it could be Dedé just as it could be any other talented brazilian cb out there, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Last edited:
M

Messi+Eto

Why don't we just trust our youth team defenders

I hope you are trolling....... Did you even watch any of our pre-season matches over the past 2 years? Fontas is out right terrible! Batra is average but still lacks confidence in himself, Muniesa who is suppose to be our future Puyol is "hexed" with Injuries, shame he is the only promising one of the ones I mentioned.

Honourable mention: Montoya is AMAZING!

Arachnid

I hope you are trolling....... Did you even watch any of our pre-season matches over the past 2 years? Fontas is out right terrible! Batra is average but still lacks confidence in himself, Muniesa who is suppose to be our future Puyol is "hexed" with Injuries, shame he is the only promising one of the ones I mentioned.

Honourable mention: Montoya is AMAZING!

I thought Bartra was excellent during preseason, myself.

Arachnid

Ok, maybe not excellent, but very promising. However, still lacks confidence, and body weight.

He's got more body weight than Adriano. My 14 year old sister has got more body weight than Adriano. My cat has got more body weight than Adriano.

Home of Barca Fans