Denis Suarez

DinhoR10

No. That is not true at all. Denis Suarez's performance at Sevilla is much more complete, mature and better in quality than Rafinha's time at Celta. In addition to that, Denis' time at B team was also better than Rafinha's last two seasons at B team.
Deulofeu is much more experienced player, however Adama's individual quality and technical level is already beyond what Deulofeu is capable of now (especially in terms of ambidexterity - Deulofeu is too dependent on right foot therefore very limited when he is dribbling in close spaces). Deulofeu is expected to be given some opportunities next season at the first team. That is because Deulofeu is older than Adama and more senior Canterano. That is not because Deulofeu is more talented and has more potential.

Rafinha was the best young player in la liga last year....... he got the award over Jese.......... he made modric do a split and ran circles around Barca's midfield and defense........

Also I've seen Adama shoot with his left foot once (It was a great goal too). He's faster and stronger than Deulofeu dribbling skills i'd say they are equal although Deulofeu would probably get past more players rn as he has top flight experience.

Zangash

Banned
No. That is not true at all. Denis Suarez's performance at Sevilla is much more complete, mature and better in quality than Rafinha's time at Celta. In addition to that, Denis' time at B team was also better than Rafinha's last two seasons at B team.

Nope. Rafinha made La Liga his plaything in his time at Celta. He was even named the best player in the Liga once or twice. He ran circles around Tata Martino's midfield and even put in solid performances against Real Madrid, even helping Celta come away with a massive victory over them.

Deulofeu is much more experienced player, however Adama's individual quality and technical level is already beyond what Deulofeu is capable of now

Nope. All Adama is capable of is dribbling at the moment. He suffers from all the same problems Deulofeu suffered when he was at that age as well. Selfishness, putting his head down to dribble, not passing when he should, panicking under pressure and dribbling to the touchline to send a low cross... it's all there. The difference is Adama is harder working than Deulofeu was, but now Deulofeu works just as hard AND has dropped most of his selfish tendencies.

(especially in terms of ambidexterity - Deulofeu is too dependent on right foot therefore very limited when he is dribbling in close spaces).

Yeah, this is all bullshit. Like, every fucking word.

Deulofeu is expected to be given some opportunities next season at the first team. That is because Deulofeu is older than Adama and more senior Canterano. That is not because Deulofeu is more talented and has more potential.

But he is more talented and he does have more potential. Age has nothing to do with it. You probably never watched Deulofeu play a single game for the B team and compare his Everton days to Adama's Juvenil A and Barca B games.

JamDav1982

Nope. Rafinha made La Liga his plaything in his time at Celta. He was even named the best player in the Liga once or twice. He ran circles around Tata Martino's midfield and even put in solid performances against Real Madrid, even helping Celta come away with a massive victory over them.

Nope. All Adama is capable of is dribbling at the moment. He suffers from all the same problems Deulofeu suffered when he was at that age as well. Selfishness, putting his head down to dribble, not passing when he should, panicking under pressure and dribbling to the touchline to send a low cross... it's all there. The difference is Adama is harder working than Deulofeu was, but now Deulofeu works just as hard AND has dropped most of his selfish tendencies.

Yeah, this is all bullshit. Like, every fucking word.

But he is more talented and he does have more potential. Age has nothing to do with it. You probably never watched Deulofeu play a single game for the B team and compare his Everton days to Adama's Juvenil A and Barca B games.

Rafinha never run rings around La Liga at Celta at all. You are going way over the top.

JamDav1982

Not really. He was fantastic in his loan spell. Better than Suarez is now, at any rate.

Not sure about that.

Rafinha was decent on his loan spell at Celta where he was the player that got almost complete freedom to move where he wants and try things as much as he wants. He will never get that at Barca.

Suarez at Sevilla is playing more of a system player which may help him have a better chance of succeeding at Barca.

Personally I am not convinced Rafinha will make it as he is too much of an individual.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've watched several of Sevilla's games this season(and then Deulo's too) and he has rarely been impressive in those. Haven't followed the last few games, but unless he has improved his general play, it doesn't matter very much.

If he doesn't play well, but gets an assist out of a moment of brilliance then how is he doing any better?

JamDav1982

I've watched several of Sevilla's games this season(and then Deulo's too) and he has rarely been impressive in those. Haven't followed the last few games, but unless he has improved his general play, it doesn't matter very much.

If he doesn't play well, but gets an assist out of a moment of brilliance then how is he doing any better?

Watching Suarez I think he is more of a team player than Rafinha and that gives him better chance to succeed at Barca.

Remains to be seen.

anguy

Sure, Adama does just dribbling (mostly), but he is absolutely amazing in it. Deulo wasn't even close to Adama in this skill. Adama's strength and pace is phenomenal.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Deulofeu is too dependent on right foot therefore very limited when he is dribbling in close spaces). Deulofeu is expected to be given some opportunities next season at the first team. That is because Deulofeu is older than Adama and more senior Canterano. That is not because Deulofeu is more talented and has more potential.

:lol:

Zangash

Banned
Sure, Adama does just dribbling (mostly), but he is absolutely amazing in it. Deulo wasn't even close to Adama in this skill. Adama's strength and pace is phenomenal.

Nobody comes close to Adama in dribbling. If that was all that mattered all that dribbling would have Barca B at the top of the Segunda, but they can't even win a game without Munir there to carry them.

Deulofeu can play on both wings, can shoot, score, dribble (Not on an Adama level but he is still quite solid at it), take long free kicks, both corner kicks, and long free kicks.

Adama can dribble and he has strength. Strength that will matter very little when put up against the Sergio Ramos and Vincent Kompanys of the world.

tacticvarium

Well I have been watching Barcelona since 1999-2000 season. Since Rijkaard's era, I did not miss a single game. Also, since 2005s, I have been following Juvenil teams and B team regularly. And I am a licensed coach in Japan and Canada which I does it as a hobby or secondary job. Based on my experiences, your evaluations on Rafinha and Deulo is very subjective. It is also not a good attitude to call someone's opinion bullshit if you look forward to have a serious discussion here.
By the way, Deulofeu's individual quality(technical level) is not world-class potential. I am fully aware that he was a star since he was very young. That is probably the reason why many of you would disagree with me. However, since he was promoted to the B team, I was never convinced that he will be a regular first team player in Barcelona. I would agree that Deulofeu is more mature as a player now than Adama. Given 2-3 years, after both players are experienced enough, it will be the individual technical quality(not just dribbles) that will decide who will make it.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
I may not be able to post any pictures, but take my word for it guys, I have a gigantic penis.

Cool story bro.

It is also not a good attitude to call someone's opinion bullshit if you look forward to have a serious discussion here.

But in all my time on this forum this is all I've ever known...

By the way, Deulofeu's individual quality(technical level) is not world-class potential. I am fully aware that he was a star since he was very young. That is probably the reason why many of you would disagree with me.

He's not world class potential, but Adama, who at 19 hasn't come close to doing what Deulofeu at 17 did, is?

However, since he was promoted to the B team, I was never convinced that he will be a regular first team player in Barcelona. I would agree that Deulofeu is more mature as a player now than Adama. Given 2-3 years, after both players are experienced enough, it will be the individual technical quality(not just dribbles) that will decide who will make it.

Based on WHAT? All Adama has shown is his dribbling and ability to plow through defenders who are a joke compared to what the first team faces on a week to week basis. In Deulofeu's time with the B team and in his two loan spells he has shown far more than this. Are you imagining in your head that Adama gains enough experience that he magically explodes into being a replacement for Suarez? Give him three months with the first team and the entire world would turn on him the way they did with Munir. He has a long, long way to go, and Deulofeu has always been an all around better player.

I bet you watch the Adama dribble montages and imagine him slipping past Thiago Silva and Mats Hummels before passing to Messi. Good lord, where is BB200 when you need him? :lol:

BerkeleyBernie

It is also not a good attitude to call someone's opinion bullshit if you look forward to have a serious discussion here.

Civil discourse? :facepalm: Ah, my friend, you are apparently of the mistaken impression that the forum is populated with like-minded others who have learned how to behave as civilized adults.

The front part of the brain, called the prefrontal cortex, is one of the last brain regions to mature. It is the area responsible for planning, prioritizing and controlling impulses.

In the meantime, you can bet on regular sophomoric displays of the following variety:

tacticvarium

"I may not be able to post any pictures, but take my word for it guys, I have a gigantic penis."

↑ What is this..?
Not very funny.

Anyways if you really think Deulofeu is technically more advanced, this will go forever.
I am not here to do an endless discussion with a wall.
I am also not here to argue that Adama & Denis will be a regular player in the first team over GD & Rafinha.
You cannot guarantee anyone's success.
I am new in this forum and I wanted to share my view on those players as a professional coach.

Home of Barca Fans