Denis Suarez

MessiDinho10

They want Samper.

If any coach values Denis over Samper enough to make such a deal they should probably be sacked.

If they are treating Denis and Deulofeu like this, what in their right minds makes them think we'll loan our brightest talent to them? Insanity.

Zangash

Banned
If they are treating Denis and Deulofeu like this, what in their right minds makes them think we'll loan our brightest talent to them? Insanity.

Samper would drastically improve their squad. Denis and Deulofeu aren't quite the best players in their positions at Sevilla. We'd essentially be loaning them a baby Busquets.

If Lucho actually tries to send them Samper in exchange for Denis... Well, I know in my gut he will. Just gotta hope he's sacked after elections.

khaled_a_d

They want Samper.

If any coach values Denis over Samper enough to make such a deal they should probably be sacked.

What is Samper has to do with any of this?If they are showing us that Suarez isn't good enough to play in Sevilla (at least as a starter) then we aren't gonna want him here
And Samper isn't going there ,it is silly old rumor

Samper would drastically improve their squad. Denis and Deulofeu aren't quite the best players in their positions at Sevilla. We'd essentially be loaning them a baby Busquets.

If Lucho actually tries to send them Samper in exchange for Denis... Well, I know in my gut he will. Just gotta hope he's sacked after elections.

Samper isn't even "drastically improving" a team fighting to avoid relegation in Segunda .
kid is good and has brilliant future but let's not overrates him .he still can't control the midfield .his defense is questioned and many of his forward pass are cut by the opponents

Zangash

Banned
What is Samper has to do with any of this?If they are showing us that Suarez isn't good enough to play in Sevilla (at least as a starter) then we aren't gonna want him here
And Samper isn't going there ,it is silly old rumor

Hopefully you're right on that being just a rumor. As far as Denis not being good enough to play for them, that's bollocks. Suddenly finding himself on the bench after playing well for them constantly doesn't logically lead to the conclusion that he isn't good enough.

Samper isn't even "drastically improving" a team fighting to avoid relegation in Segunda .
kid is good and has brilliant future but let's not overrates him .he still can't control the midfield .his defense is questioned and many of his forward pass are cut by the opponents

Not any player no matter what their quality could improve a team as bad as Barca B. Hell, in many of the games they lost Samper was sitting on the bench.

Sevilla's midfield as pathetic right now and adding Samper would be an improvement. I didn't say he's starter material for Barca, I said he'd improve Sevilla. From what I've watched of Sevilla half of their bench can't even make a decent pass.

JamDav1982

Hopefully you're right on that being just a rumor. As far as Denis not being good enough to play for them, that's bollocks. Suddenly finding himself on the bench after playing well for them constantly doesn't logically lead to the conclusion that he isn't good enough.

Not any player no matter what their quality could improve a team as bad as Barca B. Hell, in many of the games they lost Samper was sitting on the bench.

Sevilla's midfield as pathetic right now and adding Samper would be an improvement. I didn't say he's starter material for Barca, I said he'd improve Sevilla. From what I've watched of Sevilla half of their bench can't even make a decent pass.

Sevillas midfield has not been anything like 'pathetic' and Samper at moment wouldnt get a game ahead of the likes of Banega, Krychowiak, Iborra or M'bia.

Their midfield tonight just dominated Atletico.

Zangash

Banned
Sevillas midfield has not been anything like 'pathetic' and Samper at moment wouldnt get a game ahead of the likes of Banega, Krychowiak, Iborra or M'bia.

Their midfield tonight just dominated Atletico.

Their midfield had a good game against Atletico. Fair. I myself didn't watch the game because I legit forgot this was a weekend day and didn't watch any football at all.

But I've watched them play many games where it's been quite lethargic. You could just as easily say Deulofeu would have never gotten a game over their current forwards but he's started a surprising amount of games, against opponents of surprising quality. There's no way we can say Samper would never get to play when he's a much more refined product overall.

khaled_a_d

It doesn't ,but if they are trying to send us a message by benching him as your post suggest then it is more of "let us keep him,he isn't good enough for Barca yet" than get him back and give us Samper

Their midfield is good and for me it is just that Emery has figured out his starting 11 than thinking about those players ,it is simple for him .
It is March and he is playing with the players who will win him the most points .that probably means Gerard&Denis minutes will go down

As for Samper ,you have said he will drastically improve a team like Sevilla .a top 6 team in Spain and the UEFA Europa League champions . a player like that could show his impact in Segunda
true Barca B lost w/o him ,but they lost with him too and his non-existent defense and inability to control the game is part of the team problem .again kid is good and probably the most sure thing in Barca B ,but he isn't there yet .right now he is good enough to be bench player in a good team Liga not a starter .

DinhoR10

So now even Samper is on the shit list? :lol: I hope we win the CL this season cause our future is looking bleak according to you guys.

khaled_a_d

So now even Samper is on the shit list? :lol: I hope we win the CL this season cause our future is looking bleak according to you guys.

He isn't on the shitlist ,most actually agree he is our best bet .just not ready to be starter in a top team right now .no shame in that and that is expected for B team player anyway .And Sevilla is a very good team

DinhoR10

He isn't on the shitlist ,most actually agree he is our best bet .just not ready to be starter in a top team right now .no shame in that and that is expected for B team player anyway .And Sevilla is a very good team

Okay great I thought the pessimism might have reached an all time high. :lol:

L

linetty

Of course Samper could be a starter for a top team. Obviously he couldn't play every single game at this level but I'd feel safe with him if he was to take that step.

BBZ8800

Okay great I thought the pessimism might have reached an all time high. :lol:

That's not pessimism, but reality.
Before Pep and our lucky, golden generation, we usually had to wait for 2-3 years to get one useful first team player.
Not a key player, but useful player.

So, if we don't get a single useful player from Deulo, Halil, Adama, Samper, Munir, Sandro etc=that won't be the end of the world, but a usual thing and a normal ratio of getting useful players, like in any other bigger club.
We will get a useful player in the next year, or in a year after that.

Again, La Masia was ALWAYS "producing"=the same as in the last 1-2-3 years.
So, producing 1 player in 2-3 seasons=is a normal thing.
Producing 5-6 world class players like in Pep's era=was probably the luckiest generation in the world of football, ever (with Man. Utd from late 90s)

So, La Masia isn't that golden, as the hype claims.
La Masia is very good, but it can't do wonders.

And anyone who is buying that hype and nonsense about how special La Masia is, and how we are producing a pure gold each season, will have to lower their expectations and return to reality.

So, let's hope that Samper will make it.
And someone else from this generation.
If nobody will make it, again, that won't be the end of the world.
Just more or less, the similar season like any other season (in terms of developing our youngsters) during 90s or early 00s.

And no, that is not board's fault or the fault of B-team coaches.
It is just a natural thing.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

My opinion on why Suarez doesn't get to play is that he doesn't fit physically intensive game that Sevilla try to impose on every opponent regardless of stature. He is weak on legs, gets easily disposesed by any decent physical contact and is weak or even lazy at pressing. Even oldtimers, who have seen the World War two like Reyes are more intense than him. He is good passer with good vision, but he sucks at that, when under pressure and his dribbling isn't all that good at all. Delufeu at least makes some good moves from time to time just to fuck them over by yet another stupid decision, but still manages to get assists and is their best free kick/corner taker. TBH i don't think Suarez would be any good for future Barca either. Delufeu has been better at all aspects of the game, but decision making and he would be a decent sub option for our trident, while Suarez has a way more competition with Rafinha and Halilovic coming up.
I could be wrong though because of what i mentioned above, given that Barca will always be in much more control of the game and his creativity could shine brighter there, while Sevilla are the lumberjack team that doesn't much benefit for nuanced intelligent, but frail players. I mean, their main striker is Bakka, who is imo one of the clumsiest, less skilled south american forwards i've ever seen, yet he is their top scorer. 90% of goals he scores are tap ins and rebound achieved by long balls from the other side of the pitch, while he fucks up at least four times more. I want to see how these two guys will look in our first team and then make the final judgement.

Home of Barca Fans