Dmytro Chygrynskiy

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
he is getting better, but his physical limitations suggest that CNote will never be the defender that his price tag justifies. and really, that's what this all boils down to. will he be good enough to justify his price tag.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
nope, he wont, at least cacares had the speed and was getting better, this dude just looks like a stiff out there

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
nolan, don't be a bellend, we wanted to sign him well before the supercup.

he is getting better, but his physical limitations suggest that CNote will never be the defender that his price tag justifies. and really, that's what this all boils down to. will he be good enough to justify his price tag.

actually I disagree.

rafa is much shorter than chygrynskiy and just as slow. it doesn't stop him from being an absolutely outstanding defender when his brain is on. so far there's been every indication that with more games and more time in catalunya, chysus will continue to improve.

plus, even then, a player is worth whatever you pay for them if you are successful with them in the team. if we win things with chysus in our back line, he'll be worth the fee.

Sodamnsmooth

when you say continue to improve, do you mean continue to be caught completely off guard and cost us goals?

Overpaid for him and that's it.

iced1776

rafa is much shorter than chygrynskiy and just as slow. it doesn't stop him from being an absolutely outstanding defender when his brain is on. so far there's been every indication that with more games and more time in catalunya, chysus will continue to improve.

NOBODY is as slow as Chyg on this team, the man looks like he's running through mud whenever he's chasing down someone with the ball.

E

Echo

NOBODY is as slow as Chyg on this team, the man looks like he's running through mud whenever he's chasing down someone with the ball.

Just seeing that mental image in front of me, Chyg running through mud that only exists to him :lol:. But the thing is it's not just his pace that's a problem, from what he's shown he's horribly clumsy, just making thoughtless tackles after being outrun and outplayed. That's a scary combination in a defender.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

He was good for Shaktar cause his role was to patrol a small area and make long passes. He wasnt expected to be mobile-Barca is different-as a defender you have to be much more alert to the oppositions's counter attack. Also La Liga has more skill and pace and he's not used to it. Glad he isnt playing in CL-he would be a liability.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was good for Shaktar cause his role was to patrol a small area and make long passes. He wasnt expected to be mobile-Barca is different-as a defender you have to be much more alert to the oppositions's counter attack. Also La Liga has more skill and pace and he's not used to it. Glad he isnt playing in CL-he would be a liability.

Exactly, in Shaktar he played in a deeper position, in a defense that was closer to each other and "tighter", but here in Barça our defense plays almost in the midfield line and there's a lot of covering to be done, so let's hope he learns the deal and position himself better...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!

You don't need speed to be a good Barcelona defender (see Marquez and Pique) but :chyg: makes Rafa look like Caceres. If he's going to make it he needs to read the game like he's Beckenbauer and Baresi combined, and I can only see him working partnered with Puyol, at least until we come to our senses and buy David Luiz.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
[youtube]v3xm7qo6Nmo[/youtube]

chyg had 2 :marquez: whilst marquez had 6. hence a video dedication to the "better" defender of the evening.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Was it just me or was he pretty fast when in possession and running forward? He won a lot of metres when he had the chance.

Still pretty slow reaction etc.

J

Jordzibob

To carry on from the title of this thread

Dmytro Chygrnskiy

.......is shit.

=[ and we spent 25 million on him. 25 million! Aaaaaa!

Home of Barca Fans