Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Guardian

HAHAHAHA jatin, nice video, that show is freaking hilarious, I followed a link from your video and watched the one bellow, with english subs ..... and I'm watching other series with ENG subs right now. Man, that's brilliant, I'll shit my pants from laughing

[YOUTUBE]UIt4LiikPSs[/YOUTUBE]

my fav one :worthy:absolutely sensational

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
So, while his defending might be called "slightly less accurate as it should be", I checked his passes in the games he played:

Game: good passes/total passes

Getafe: 52/52
Atletico: 49/50
Malaga: 63/66
Zaragoza: 128/132 (highest amount of passes of the team)
Osasuna: 51/53
Mallorca: 80/84
Athletic: 46/46
Xerez: 76/86 (highest amount of passes of the team)
Cultural Leonesa: 109/113 (highest amount of passes of the team)

That is pretty cool tbh.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
So, while his defending might be called "slightly less accurate as it should be", I checked his passes in the games he played:

Game: good passes/total passes

Getafe: 52/52
Atletico: 49/50
Malaga: 63/66
Zaragoza: 128/132 (highest amount of passes of the team)
Osasuna: 51/53
Mallorca: 80/84
Athletic: 46/46
Xerez: 76/86 (highest amount of passes of the team)
Cultural Leonesa: 109/113 (highest amount of passes of the team)

That is pretty cool tbh.

offensively he's slotted into the team really well.

defensively will take more time (good footballers usually fit into our attack easily) but he's got oodles of potential.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If only being able to pass made someone a good defender...

take the sand out of your vagina, man.

seriously.

our defenders attack (and our attackers defend) so admiring his ability to attack isn't a crime, nor is it a call to ride him AGAIN. he's a good footballer, it's okay, he's allowed to be.

and defensively he's not that bad at all. he's not really had a 'mare and hasn't cost us as many goals as you'd think. he's not been at his best but he will improve as he fits into the system and settles into the culture.

actually, no, nevermind.

you'll never accept him because he's already ousted one south american from the squad and will, over time, remove your latin jesus from the picture as well. it's kinda like how the eto'o fanboys hate zlatan, or the yaya fanboys hate busquets.

so yeah, it's cool.

carry on. :beer2:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'll love Dmytro when we swap him for a defender who actually compliments Pique, like David Luiz. I don't think it's coincidental that Pique had his worst performances as a Barcelona player next to Ukranian Jesus.

I love attack minded defenders, Pique is the future and three of my favourite all time Barcelona players are Marquez, Nadal and Koeman. The thing is all of these guys at their best were/are also brilliant defenders. Attack might separate the libero from any old defender, but it's a complimentary skill, when the only thing positive you can say about your defender is they pass well there's a problem. There's also a reason teams rarely play two great attacking CB's together. Pique and Ukranian Maxi Lopez could potentially become a better version of last years Pique--Rafa partnership, but the odds are against them because they don't compliment each other at all.

My opinion of Chyg is obviously skewed by the fact that he's replacing a Latin American and my major dislike of Ukrainian football, but lets be realistic, Marquez is nothing more than a squad player at this point in his career anyway. I just hope his successor isn't the defensive version of Maxi Lopez.

Last edited:

iced1776

Pique and Chyg shouldn't be paired together for a bunch of reasons. Chyg is essentially a slower Pique with less composure and less awareness, he wants to handle the ball and make passes up field, not cover for somebody else who wants to do the same. If theres one player I don't want being the last man back when Pique makes runs upfield, its Chyg. Watching him trying to chase down defenders is painful, I've said it before but it looks as though he's running through mud. He should be Pique's direct backup and be given a bit more freedom to distribute from the back when paired alongside Puyol.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Pique and Ukranian Maxi Lopez could potentially become a better version of last years Pique--Rafa partnership, but the odds are against them because they don't compliment each other at all.

everyone said that about pique/marquez though, didn't they?

and that was a fucking beast of a CB partnership 'til rafa's injuries and subsequent crappification.

Home of Barca Fans