Dmytro Chygrynskiy

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
exactly.

he did what any defender would do having been skinned. fouled the player outside the box.

capel waited 'til he was in the box, then fell over. the diving cunt.

really, he was brilliant first half playing as RCB. the moment he switched to LCB he looked shaky. he's clearly not comfortable on that side of defence, but neither is rafa and he has seniority.

patience.

you (and a lot of other people) need some.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
PS: His shaky pass back to Pinto is simply hilarious. The gk is standing in the middle of the goal and he pass to the far side of the right corner.
Pinto's fault tbh.

Who exactly are you calling a twat Gneg?
We were patient. Read my posts or most of other peoples posts in this thread but everything has it's limits. So far he looks as a liability. Not reinforcement or a solid squad player, but a fricking 25 million accident waiting to happen.
Plenty of time left for him to gain his confidence but somehow I don't see him gaining speed.
Not you , Bojan. Absolutely not. (not being sarcastic)

I saw posts in the match topic and I knew where it was going. MrMessi10 is a good example of a twat.

+ he can gain speed but it isn't necessary. He was anticipating in the first half, I will check when I have the game for a scene.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Who exactly are you calling a twat Gneg?
We were patient. Read my posts or most of other peoples posts in this thread but everything has it's limits. So far he looks as a liability. Not reinforcement or a solid squad player, but a fricking 25 million accident waiting to happen.
Plenty of time left for him to gain his confidence but somehow I don't see him gaining speed.

I agree 100% :sad:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Point is. Main problem here is the fact he is slow. He won't change that.
When he is running, he isn't that slow (Sevilla's wingers are just above average fast). i would say full speed he is on par of Piqué.

He just needs to work his starting movements. You can cover up a lot with anticipation and feeling with the game. I think he has that. Time will tell but for now we are both right and wrong.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
When he is running, he isn't that slow (Sevilla's wingers are just above average fast). i would say full speed he is on par of Piqué.

He just needs to work his starting movements. You can cover up a lot with anticipation and feeling with the game. I think he has that. Time will tell but for now we are both right and wrong.

The difference is Pique has an excellent football brain and reads the game superbly. Until Chyg improves in that respect he'll keep getting caught out. Hopefully he will move forward in that aspect, but it doesn't look good currently.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

exactly.

he needs to get sharper and learn to anticipate movements and not be caught flat-footed so often. this will come with time and games. benching him won't accomplish anything.

and he needs to play in RCB. he looked so much more comfortable on that side it's untrue. I know in ukraine he often played LCB, but in ukraine he played at a slower pace. when there will be pace to the game he's obviously better on his stronger foot. how many LW attacks did sevilla have first half?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You could brake it down to his acceleration then. Still. It's another essential trait of a defender.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
The difference is Pique has an excellent football brain and reads the game superbly. Until Chyg improves in that respect he'll keep getting caught out. Hopefully he will move forward in that aspect, but it doesn't look good currently.
He has that football brain but in the offensive meaning. He showed today that he has it. Come on, he did it the whole first half without a DM covering him or helping him in the build-up.

I have been backing him and I will back him for the full 100% after today. I noticed why pep wanted him today before the break. Now he needs to work and adapt, that's it.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
You could brake it down to his acceleration then. Still. It's another essential trait of a defender.

Only if the reading of the game is lacking... As Meta says, he needs more games to sharpen up. Even Piqué is still learning how to be a relatively slow player in dealing with fast attackers.

Home of Barca Fans