Dmytro Chygrynskiy

zanela

as for thiago, I criticise him (not write him off, there is no doubts he will improve, his talent is enormous) for what appears to be a negative, selfish trait. not for any lack of skill, but for a wrongness in his attitude.

skill for me is rarely an issue at barca. it comes down to mentality. chysus, in RCB, was confident and assured. in LCB he was shaky and uncertain. mentality. piqué, when he first arrived, was shaky and uncertain, after time, games and faith, he was imperious. mentality. thiago is obviously skilled to the sky, but right now his mentality is a very CR-esque "LOOKATME!" one. and I don't like that.

he reminds me of quaresma. almost waiting for an opponent to come near so he can dribble him. more focused on doing that than providing a pass or keeping the ball moving. people say he can be like deco or iniesta but both of those players know that it's pass first. keep the ball moving. even at 18 iniesta had this intelligence.

it just annoys me how everyone, yourself included, is going gaga over this kid and running poor jonny down, when really jonny is exemplary of the barcelona system. his play is crisp and concise, he knows the value of moving the ball, and he can be expansive if he has to be. frankly I don't care if thiago is "more talented" - he's not showing that talent except in do-nothing dribbles. until he improves his application I doubt he'll see as much gametime as jonny. at least I'd hope not.

Wow!
So now hes selfish with a wrong attitude and reminds u of Quaresma 'coz he did a bit of dribbling in one game.
Rewatch the gamper and Kazma friendly again and tell me if u still think the same way.
I'm gaga over this kid just like ur gaga over an overrated 25M defender.
And, i still hold the view that hes better than JDS and that's 'coz i've seen him do better when they play together.

If u are so quick to compare an 18y.o to the useless Quaresma without much experience and gametime so far. Then, i could easily compare Chysus with Oleguer, only much worse. So, may be u can practise some patience with regards to our 18y.o canterano like u ask others to do for ur Chysus.

Last edited:

Olsend

C'mon people Barca half match was playing with B squad, you don't expect them doing great. Although Cyg with ball looked comfo, but he performed really poorly on defence.

iced1776

All this talk about patience and giving him time doesn't change the fact that he's one of the slowest players I've ever seen. Constant playing time isn't going to help his sprint speed... His back passes are as scary as Busquet's but his long balls are great, however in the end its all irrelevant when he can't keep up with a single attacker in La Liga.

As far as I can tell, more playing time and experience will teach him to make safer back passes and help him keep his head after making a mistake (instead of grabbing a shirt or lunging in for a stupid tackle). But in the end, you still have a defender who's simply too slow to be an effective player.

Also Meta, Iniesta was far more selfish than Thiago was today, so your argument for this game doesn't hold much water imo...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i dont care what anyone says about his mistakes and his price tag... his passing was seeeeexy (in the words of meta) as fuck tonight

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Wow!
So now hes selfish with a wrong attitude and reminds u of Quaresma 'coz he did a bit of dribbling in one game.
Rewatch the gamper and Kazma friendly again and tell me if u still think the same way.
I'm gaga over this kid just like ur gaga over an overrated 25M defender.
And, i still hold the view that hes better than JDS and that's 'coz i've seen him do better when they play together.

If u are so quick to compare an 18y.o to the useless Quaresma without much experience and gametime so far. Then, i could easily compare Chysus with Oleguer, only much worse. So, may be u can practise some patience with regards to our 18y.o canterano like u ask others to do for ur Chysus.

kazma and gamper don't matter, they're friendlies.

in a competitive game the boy was too eager to do something fancy.

it's not a chronic problem (I hope) and I expect he'll perform better next time, but for me he was the one true negative because his attitude was wrong. with everyone else you could see that their intent was correct.

and I'm not gaga over chysus, I just have faith in pep's judgement of players. he has his flaws, but rather than be negative about our players, I choose to be positive. only when there is a chronic problem do I become a pessimist (abidal, rafa) and even then I try and put a positive spin on things.

people who are so doom and gloom just disappoint me as fans, tbh.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
if u ever watched thiago in athletic then u know he is a player that tries the fancy.. but i think it is something that will leave his game with experience.. jonathan is to xavi

as thiago is to deco imo of course

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Chyg's passing stats are bollocks, because plenty of times his long pass found a player, but seen as that player a defender right next to them by the time they'd brought the ball down the full back was on top of them. He looked to go long farrr to often. Pique majority of the time has a great balance of short pass, run with the ball, and spray it long.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Chyg's passing stats are bollocks, because plenty of times his long pass found a player, but seen as that player a defender right next to them by the time they'd brought the ball down the full back was on top of them. He looked to go long farrr to often. Pique majority of the time has a great balance of short pass, run with the ball, and spray it long.
Yes, but to whom does Piqué pass? To a midfield of Xavi and Busquets/Yaya + a deeper Iniesta. All masters of the ball and able to just shield any ball and even create danger going forward afterwards. Players that come to the defense asking for the ball from the defenders. Players that run into space just to get the ball. (this is what Chygrynskiy did versus Kazma when he was playing DM. He does not fear possession)

Chyg today had no one in the midfield to pass the ball. Thiago, I don't know where he was when the backline had possession. Marquez ran off, left the gap and there was the backline. Options were reduced to short pass to other defenders, semi-long ground ball to midfield our play it long. 3 non-Barcelona ways of which the short pass to the defenders comes closest.

If that travesty wasn't enough, Sevilla players applied pressure up high. Making the gap at midfield even bigger and giving the backline more trouble in the build-up. So Chyg (and other defenders as well) just had to go to Pinto, sadly.

Then Busquets entered the pitch and tadaaa! A DM that filled the gap was there, giving options to go forward. The game became more fluid when he came on and I don't think the amount of backpasses were the same as first half. I was posting during the break that that was one of the problems in the match thread.

Edit: some quickly taken screenshots what I mean:
345j1js.jpg

The normal midfield would be begging for the ball five-ten metres deeper in situation like this.

Last edited:

Co0ter

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Chyg did not have a good game, at all. Some said his passing was awesome, what in God's name are you smoking? You must of hallucinated the game onto a blank screen. I'll break down his performance for you...

1) His first touch was/is HORRIBLE, he gets a pass and pushes the ball first touch really far from his body, by the time he catches up to it he has to rush a pass, which was either off target or to a player that should of been 3rd or 4th choice.

2) His overall passing was really poor, a few times he passed it to absolutely no one. Just because he made 1 or 2 "decent" passes does NOT make up for a majority of misplaced balls.

3) His positioning overall is, and has been, very poor. He tends to shift to where the ball is leaving players open around him. He does this consistently.

4) The worst part about him- he is VERY, VERY slow. He is slower than both Pique and Puyol, thats sad considering Puyol is in his 30s. When you couple bad positioning with lack of speed - fail. I don't care how well he played for his old club, that was in a weak league and he hasn't had one great performance yet for Barca.

5) Capel is a diving bitch, I know this and most of you probably know it. However, Chyg was at fault. Due to his bad positioning....and extreme lack of speed, Capel smoked him. He then grabbed his shirt. This is ok sometimes, next to the box...not really. Now to those who watch Barca religiously like I do, those who never miss a game, know that Chyg has been tugging shirts from the begining. Almost every time he gets beat 1 vs 1, he starts tugging their shirts. This shouldn't of been hard to spot considering he hasn't played many games. He got away with it a lot, today he finally got penalized for it. Whether or not it was outside the box isn't an issue b/c it shouldn't of happened in the first place.

Summary- I wanted him to improve really bad, not b/c I liked him or even followed him prior to joining Barca b/c I didn't. I wanted it b/c we spent 25 million freakin dollars on him, thats why. I'm not sure whether it was Pep or the boss, but I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a better CB, in a better league for the same price or CHEAPER. He is young, but so was Vermaelen and Thiago Silva who Milan/Arsenal got for much cheaper... I literally want to cry when I think of what we could of put that 25 million towards for a LW.

zanela

kazma and gamper don't matter, they're friendlies.
For an 18 y.o they matter. If he can perform well in a friendly, he sure can do it in a competitive game. He needs time.

in a competitive game the boy was too eager to do something fancy.

I remember even Messi doing fancy stuff in his early years. It's not unusual for players of his age choose the wrong option to impress the audience. And, it's ONE competitive game where he did a bit of dribbling and u criticise him for his attitude while comparing him to Quaresma. Didn't expect it from u, tbh.
Like Iced said, Iniesta was more selfish than the Kid, so dunno why ur criticising an 18 y.o boy for the same.

it's not a chronic problem (I hope) and I expect he'll perform better next time, but for me he was the one true negative because his attitude was wrong. with everyone else you could see that their intent was correct.

U know if there was one negative, it was Chysus. Can't believe ur shooting down a kid in his first competitive game for his attitude when the prob was elsewhere. May be ur just trying to distract everyone's attention from Chysus by blaming Thiago. :p

and I'm not gaga over chysus, I just have faith in pep's judgement of players. he has his flaws, but rather than be negative about our players, I choose to be positive.

So, u 've faith in Pep's judgement of players, but at the same time too critical about Thiago and not Chyg.
Here is why...(something i've noticed for a long time...)
You 've ur favs just like Pep does...
Busquets, Keita, Chyg and now JDS...when it comes to these players, i've seen ur always very leneint and focus on their positives while generally ignoring their flaws.

Now, ur least fav - Toure and Abidal
Always exaggeration, harsh criticism, OTT reaction to their mistakes, focusing on their flaws too much and downplaying their good work. And, i suppose, i need to add Thiago to that list now. Hes JDS's competitor with majority here rating him more than ur fav. No wonder, ur talking so negative about him.

I know u'll deny it. But i've seen u do it everytime and way too much with the concerned players to ignore it.

Please don't let bias interfere in ur opinion about players 'coz otherwise we all know ur awesome personified.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Thiago-

There has been a lot of talk about him and I haven't had a chance to see much of him. I was excited to see that he was starting (I hope Gai plays soon as well in LW).

I skimmed through a few posts and people are complaining about Thiago?! LOL The kid is 18 and played very well, imo. He did what an attacking midfielder should do, what exactly did he do wrong? Too flashy you say? Jesus Christ what exactly do you think Iniesta did the entire game. Iniesta did a ton of moves which played a big part in him having one of the best performances for Barca. Thiago did a few flashy moves but they worked most of the time...what is there to complain about hahaha He made the defender look stupid twice and I loved it.

His passes were overall really good and he ran to space a lot to accept passes. He didn't get the ball as much as he should have b/c he is young and the other Barca players don't have as much confidence in giving him the ball. This isn't bad about our players, it makes sense. The fact is when he DID get the ball, he did very well. He showed confidence on the ball and barely lost possession- those are very good things.

Last edited:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
isn't this thread about CNote? I sold this dude the minute I set up FCB in FIFA10. What a terrible waste of money.

iced1776

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Chyg did not have a good game, at all. Some said his passing was awesome, what in God's name are you smoking? You must of hallucinated the game onto a blank screen. I'll break down his performance for you...

1) His first touch was/is HORRIBLE, he gets a pass and pushes the ball first touch really far from his body, by the time he catches up to it he has to rush a pass, which was either off target or to a player that should of been 3rd or 4th choice.

2) His overall passing was really poor, a few times he passed it to absolutely no one. Just because he made 1 or 2 "decent" passes does NOT make up for a majority of misplaced balls.

3) His positioning overall is, and has been, very poor. He tends to shift to where the ball is leaving players open around him. He does this consistently.

4) The worst part about him- he is VERY, VERY slow. He is slower than both Pique and Puyol, thats sad considering Puyol is in his 30s. When you couple bad positioning with lack of speed - fail. I don't care how well he played for his old club, that was in a weak league and he hasn't had one great performance yet for Barca.

5) Capel is a diving bitch, I know this and most of you probably know it. However, Chyg was at fault. Due to his bad positioning....and extreme lack of speed, Capel smoked him. He then grabbed his shirt. This is ok sometimes, next to the box...not really. Now to those who watch Barca religiously like I do, those who never miss a game, know that Chyg has been tugging shirts from the begining. Almost every time he gets beat 1 vs 1, he starts tugging their shirts. This shouldn't of been hard to spot considering he hasn't played many games. He got away with it a lot, today he finally got penalized for it. Whether or not it was outside the box isn't an issue b/c it shouldn't of happened in the first place.

Summary- I wanted him to improve really bad, not b/c I liked him or even followed him prior to joining Barca b/c I didn't. I wanted it b/c we spent 25 million freakin dollars on him, thats why. I'm not sure whether it was Pep or the boss, but I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a better CB, in a better league for the same price or CHEAPER. He is young, but so was Vermaelen and Thiago Silva who Milan/Arsenal got for much cheaper... I literally want to cry when I think of what we could of put that 25 million towards for a LW.

Signed on pretty much all accounts.

Home of Barca Fans