Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Thing is with Milito now back how many games is Chyg going to get? Ideally he'd have a run of 2-3 games at a time, but I don't see that happening tbh.

C

caelestis

Chygg is very very very bad......

Hw should go far away from Barcelona next trade window unless he improves a lot. So far I haven't seen any aspect of his game that is good. Slow, bad passing, dangerous plays, getting many fouls and even though he is tall his headers has been bad.

Am I too pessimistic or was the crowd right to boo and whistle him in todays game?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And can we really afford to give him more games so he can sharpen up and adapt?

That's a good question. While the team can suffer some experiments up front, every single mistake of a defender can be a disaster.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Did we actually forgot how Piqué started his first season?

Piqué, canterano, previous player of the pacy EPL, was lousy as a defender. I don't think he got a run of two games because he just wasn't performing. he was clumsy, looked like an idiot with long legs, looked slow, made bad passes, etc. Months later, he found his Barcelona rythm and is who he is now.

Chyg didn't have the pretemporada, chyg go injured when he played a few games, Chyg needs to adapt and Chyg needs time. I can't possibly comprehend why you would say "I haven't seen any aspect of his game that is good".

V

Valon

People need someone to bash Gneg. I haven't written him off yet myself.

zanela

patience.

you (and a lot of other people) need some.

Seriously Meta, ur always quick to defend ur favs no matter how horrendous their performances are.
U keep giving excuses for his poor performances everytime and ask for patience. A 25M defender who at 23yrs with his experience should be doing better but it didn't take u long to criticise an 18 y.o who was playing in tough conds in a midfield that didn't 've Xavi and Busquets.

Sorry, to disagree but the boy did much much better than ur fav and had a decent outing. And, he is also better than JDS and it's evident everytime they play together.

As for Chyg.
Hes not good enough for us. Not just the foul that led to penalty, but his late tackles and sloppy passing through out the game has become synonymous with his performances.
As for his overrated passing, its of no use till he learns to defend first. We need a defender than can put in a shift not to make sexy passes, we 've our midfielders and Piqué to do that.

I'd swap him for David luiz or Simon Kjaer in a heart beat.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Sloppy passing:
63 passes, 58 good ones. I remember him sending two or three long balls wrongly. That ain't sloppy passing.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Regardless of his passing, he needs to defend better... Personally I had a lot of faith in him, but I'm beginning to think he may not suit our style... We are half season through and that should be enough time to show a little improvement, I don't mean he has to be a superstar overnight, but a glimpse of hope would be nice...

I'm pretty sure, Pep will spank him tonight, I just hope that makes him understand better our style...

I still have faith in Chysus and arguing over his price tag is just gay. Let him play a few games with the big boys and I´m sure he´ll pick up the smartness he´s lacking. I bet he will look a whole lot better if he gets some kind of consistency playing with somewhat the same players.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Seriously Meta, ur always quick to defend ur favs no matter how horrendous their performances are.
U keep giving excuses for his poor performances everytime and ask for patience. A 25M defender who at 23yrs with his experience should be doing better but it didn't take u long to criticise an 18 y.o who was playing in tough conds in a midfield that didn't 've Xavi and Busquets.

Sorry, to disagree but the boy did much much better than ur fav and had a decent outing. And, he is also better than JDS and it's evident everytime they play together.

As for Chyg.
Hes not good enough for us. Not just the foul that led to penalty, but his late tackles and sloppy passing through out the game has become synonymous with his performances.
As for his overrated passing, its of no use till he learns to defend first. We need a defender than can put in a shift not to make sexy passes, we 've our midfielders and Piqué to do that.

I'd swap him for David luiz or Simon Kjaer in a heart beat.

criticising someone is not the same as writing them off.

I'd criticise chysus, but why bother? everyone on here is doing such a sterling job I don't need to say anything, and in fact I find it more pertinent to call for patience from the mob that are writing him off. after six months. fucking batshit.

regarding money, the fee should not be an issue. he was the player pep wanted. and shakhtar didn't want to sell. we were always going to have to pay over the odds. get over it.

as for thiago, I criticise him (not write him off, there is no doubts he will improve, his talent is enormous) for what appears to be a negative, selfish trait. not for any lack of skill, but for a wrongness in his attitude.

skill for me is rarely an issue at barca. it comes down to mentality. chysus, in RCB, was confident and assured. in LCB he was shaky and uncertain. mentality. piqué, when he first arrived, was shaky and uncertain, after time, games and faith, he was imperious. mentality. thiago is obviously skilled to the sky, but right now his mentality is a very CR-esque "LOOKATME!" one. and I don't like that.

he reminds me of quaresma. almost waiting for an opponent to come near so he can dribble him. more focused on doing that than providing a pass or keeping the ball moving. people say he can be like deco or iniesta but both of those players know that it's pass first. keep the ball moving. even at 18 iniesta had this intelligence.

it just annoys me how everyone, yourself included, is going gaga over this kid and running poor jonny down, when really jonny is exemplary of the barcelona system. his play is crisp and concise, he knows the value of moving the ball, and he can be expansive if he has to be. frankly I don't care if thiago is "more talented" - he's not showing that talent except in do-nothing dribbles. until he improves his application I doubt he'll see as much gametime as jonny. at least I'd hope not.

and the main reason I criticise him is he has no reason to still carry this trait being a barcelona canterano and having grown up in the system. he should know better.

and I really like chysus' defending, he just needs more confidence in himself. he made some great tackles and jabs in that first half. the difference between him at RCB and LCB is miles wide. hopefully he gets more games on the right from now on.

zanela

Sloppy passing:
63 passes, 58 good ones. I remember him sending two or three long balls wrongly. That ain't sloppy passing.

Ur becoming a bit too obsessed with stats these days, gneg.
I watched the match and i remember him making a lot of sloppy passes. And, i couldn't give a rat's arse about his gr8 passing stats. He needs to learn to defend.
Slow, poor positioning, late tackles,....sorry to all the chysus fans, but he ain't good enough.
I doubt he'll make it here.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ur becoming a bit too obsessed with stats these days, gneg.
I watched the match and i remember him making a lot of sloppy passes. And, i couldn't give a rat's arse about his gr8 passing stats. He needs to learn to defend.
Slow, poor positioning, late tackles,....sorry to all the chysus, but he ain't good enough.
I doubt he'll make it here.
I know stats are pouring out of me these days but if he makes 58/63 passes (that is again over 90% correct, for a defender that mixes short with long passes!) turning out good, there is no way you can label it as sloppy.

He looks sloppy in his movement, gotta give you that.

Home of Barca Fans