Douglas Pereira dos Santos

akaranzo

That was because he was freaking scared of making mistakes on his debut, but on the defensive part he made some good tackles and plays

F

Flavia

His passes:

ByVI8OVCMAAYahx.jpg

akaranzo

I never thought I'd see a Douglas fanboy. How is Adriano btw? He would be better than him.

I'm not a fanboy, he's definitely not my favorite barca player. I just see a lot of unfair criticism towards him here and I don't agree with that, at least not yet. I'll admit that he's bad if he continues the exact same level of play in a month or two, but until then I'm showing my faith towards him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't judge a player based on 70 min. performance.
You could se he was afraid but whole team played bad too.

F

Flavia

You say that based on one game? Pedro was given a lot more than that before people finally reached the consensus that he really is useless now.

You should search for sao paulo matches. He can do better in offense, but he's not a very good player. Certainly not for Barça.

Gnidrologist

I remember the same ''always pass back'' mentality from Affelay. Some new players coming to Barca have mental issues with prospect of loosing the ball knowing the philosophy of the club. The same with S. Roberto.

Kohe321

Poor guy, he looks like he's saying "I'm sorry" to Lucho in this picture.

Byam9OvCQAA_mId.jpg:large

I really don't feel he was as disastrous as some people think, all things considered. To have him play this match as his first was throwing him in the deep end of the pool, and with Luis Enriques tactic there was not many options for him other than passbacks or crossing. He should have tried to take on his defender and tried to do a run behind the defence, but he looked to nervous to attempt anything risky. Not a great performance by any means, but I'd like to see him play in a match where he has more passing options where we're not playing so incredibly static without any movement.

Home of Barca Fans