Douglas Pereira dos Santos

CatalinR10

giphy.gif

serghei

Maybe he's like the bug from MIB, he can take the shape of other players. Maybe he'll turn into Lahm next.

iceon

I've watched him in Brazil when he played for Sao Paulo and Flavia, a Brazilian who lives in Brazil, gave an in-depth analysis on him as well. He was absolutely nothing to rave about.

Now I think Lucho may help him a bit but its not like he is bringing an abundance of talent with him. This is a weird transfer.

I'm Brazilian as well, and he's really nothing to rave about. I'm not debating that, I'm just debating why people who have never seen him outside a game or two keep calling him rubbish when he really isn't a ''rubbish'' player. He's not a very good player, and it was a weird signing because Montoya was already at the club. But there's not much difference between Montoya and Douglas imo (and I've seen more than a handful Sao Paulo games and I'm a Corinthians supporter, so you can mark my words down that I'm not being biased towards giving compliments to an ex-Bambi player)

What's funny about this is only people who literally have never seen him play a single game in Brazil are the ones defending him with the "Did you watch him in Brazil?" argument.

Anyone who watched him in Brazil agrees he's somewhere between utter dogshit and mediocre, and his performance against Malaga did absolutely nothing to possibly change anyone's minds on that.

The player is crap. That's all there really is to it. People are so quick to hate on Montoya but he's easily thrice the player Douglas is.

This post is horrible, read my part above that will explain it all for you. There's a big difference between a rubbish player and an average footballer.

F

Flavia

I'm Brazilian as well, and he's really nothing to rave about. I'm not debating that, I'm just debating why people who have never seen him outside a game or two keep calling him rubbish when he really isn't a ''rubbish'' player. He's not a very good player, and it was a weird signing because Montoya was already at the club. But there's not much difference between Montoya and Douglas imo (and I've seen more than a handful Sao Paulo games and I'm a Corinthians supporter, so you can mark my words down that I'm not being biased towards giving compliments to an ex-Bambi player)

This post is horrible, read my part above that will explain it all for you. There's a big difference between a rubbish player and an average footballer.

If you ask any bambi's supporters, they'll tell you douglas is rubbish, though. I suffer daily with one who is a co-worker. He still hasn't stopped laughing.

Btw, the guy who wrote that text saying douglas was good for barça, told me he was dead wrong. I forgot to post it here :p

iceon

If you ask any bambi's supporters, they'll tell you douglas is rubbish, though. I suffer daily with one who is a co-worker. He still hasn't stopped laughing.

Btw, the guy who wrote that text saying douglas was good for barça, told me he was dead wrong. I forgot to post it here :p

I think calling him rubbish is a hyperbole tbh. I know many Sao Paulo supporters who find him an ok player, but of course not being a stand out for Sao Paulo possibly means he's rubbish here. I just think that for whatever reason he gets load of stick here because let's be honest, if Douglas is rubbish than Montoya is pretty darn close to being rubbish as well. IMO at least.

F

Flavia

I think calling him rubbish is a hyperbole tbh. I know many Sao Paulo supporters who find him an ok player, but of course not being a stand out for Sao Paulo possibly means he's rubbish here. I just think that for whatever reason he gets load of stick here because let's be honest, if Douglas is rubbish than Montoya is pretty darn close to being rubbish as well. IMO at least.

Montoya is an odd case. At some point I thought he was going to make it, now I don't, whatever is the reason. But he is still better than douglas, although not suited to the role Lucho wants for the fullbacks this season. Douglas is fast, but has poor positioning, defending and he lacks a footballing brain. I really don't know why he was signed.

iceon

Montoya is an odd case. At some point I thought he was going to make it, now I don't, whatever is the reason. But he is still better than douglas, although not suited to the role Lucho wants for the fullbacks this season. Douglas is fast, but has poor positioning, defending and he lacks a footballing brain. I really don't know why he was signed.

:thumbsup2: Weird signing. Although I thought from day one that Montoya would never make it. Bartra always looked levels above.

iceon

Ah another Douglas defending hipster is here.....

Who is defending Douglas man? I'd never have him at Barcelona. I just find it harsh to call the guy rubbish based on one game for Barcelona, a game where he wasn't even that bad, he just didn't do anything of note.

Alarcón

:thumbsup2: Weird signing. Although I thought from day one that Montoya would never make it. Bartra always looked levels above.

I disagree; 2 years ago Montoya was the one who impressed when he played and Bartra was the one who disappointed.

F

Flavia

Look who's back in training:

pic_2014-10-3O_ENTRENO_23-Optimized.v1414682556.JPG

No green light yet, though. I wonder when he'll grace us with his presence on the pitch again.

Home of Barca Fans