Douglas Pereira dos Santos

barcanuck

WTF is this guy doing here? Zubi has to be fired.

Huesca players owned him all night. A THIRD division team. The right side was exposed all game.

And then, this: https://vine.co/v/Ov6AKib1dnQ

Seriously... Montoya is far better than him. Why the heck is he rated higher? Lucho is stupid, or being forced to play him. He can't actually think douglass is a better player.

Oh thank god someone got the vine of that clearance assist he almost made. Insane.

ryuken

why this pos played instead of Montoya, we r phasing out a player when the ban is imminent? total madness

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Fiend v1.2.13.1.

hamoon32

What an amazing performance. man of the match for me. he can be world's best right back. I hope he starts against PSG and Espanyol. He deserves it.

sabby

I hope he gets more matches :D So the voters do not forget what kind of $h!t and shady transfer this current board has done !!

anguy

Was he really that bad? I didn't watch the game, but I saw someone saying Adriano was even worse and no one doubts Adriano is real team member, not some "shady signing".

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Was he really that bad? I didn't watch the game, but I saw someone saying Adriano was even worse and no one doubts Adriano is real team member, not some "shady signing".

IMO he wasn't that bad attacking wise (Better than Alves) but he was quite poor defensively.

abual3bed1

He was so bad in defense it wasn't even funny. Might have done a bit good in attack, but his passing, defending and decision making were abysmal.

Afro

Reading the last few pages of this thread, I can't help but feel that common sense and logic are severely lacking when looking at this situation.

Yes, Douglas is a very, very limited player. It's fairly apparent his transfer was shady, and he's here through "luck". I feel sorry for him as a footballer, and also as a person, because first and foremost, he is being absolutely crucified for putting in awful performances, and for being at the club. Everyone knows he's limited, he knows it too but every interview I've read with him he always comes across that his heart is 100% in it and he is putting in one hell of a shift. If Barcelona approached anybody on this forum to sign them, I can guarantee everyone would say yes. Comparing Douglas' situation to that of ISIS in the Middle East and other conflicts is nonsensical and just daft.

Also, crucifying Lucho over all of this is turning into the "in" thing to do it seems. Clearly there is an attitude problem with Montoya, or a contract issue, and these things happen in football. He's obviously on his way out, for one reason or another, and risking him getting injured when he could be off the wage bill and bring in a transfer fee is dangerous. I know he is not flavour of the month by any means but Luis Enrique clearly isn't playing Montoya for non-footballing reasons, he is not that dim. Also, lambasting him for his comments on Douglas reeks of getting digs in wherever possible - he'd be shot down by the same people if he turned round and said Douglas was shit! Not to mention it'd be detrimental to the player's confidence, the squad integrity, and a total PR disaster.

Blaming the player or the coach here isn't fair. It was a cup game against a third division team and we won 4-0. Instead of targeting them people should be solely focussing on the corrupt bastards who currently comprise our board.

Home of Barca Fans