Eden Hazard

L

linetty

Who cares about National Teams? Robbie Keane and Nicklas Bendtner both have incredible records at that level. Majority of his goals are in friendly games, obviously you can only beat what's put in front of you but it's irrelevant in this discussion.
Claiming Messi's presence in the team is the only reason Neymar is so good is irrelevant.

Leo_Messi

Hazard is the best player in the PL and once Messi and Ronaldo retire/drop their insane level it will be Neymar and Hazard who will be their heirs. At least that's how I see it today.

Hazard is a phenomenal player. Probably one of the best dribblers out there. A very intelligent player with and without the ball. His defensive contribution has also improved a lot under Mourinho.

What he still lacks is a better end product in front of goal. Once he accomplishes this he will be a scary prospect.

I can very well see RM going for him once Ronaldo leaves them. I would love to see him at FCB one day.

BerkeleyBernie

Ridiculous. Neymar benefits greatly from playing on a proactive team and alongside the greatest player ever who creates most of his goals. Hazard's natural game will never blossom under one of the most negative managers in football. I think that's why he hasn't signed a new contract.

Agree. Hazard is a more all-around player than Neymar, and is a far better creator (there's a reason Neymar is on the receiving end of the Barça front trio). He is also a more technical short passer, not surprising giving their Belgian/Brazilian origins (though Neymar can't help but improve playing rondos every day with Barça). The Ronaldo/Messi analogy is apt enough, Neymar is more a breakaway player and Hazard is a bob/weave player.

Need to put Isco on that short list, too.

JamDav1982

Agree. Hazard is a more all-around player than Neymar, and is a far better creator (there's a reason Neymar is on the receiving end of the Barça front trio). He is also a more technical short passer, not surprising giving their Belgian/Brazilian origins (though Neymar can't help but improve playing rondos every day with Barça). The Ronaldo/Messi analogy is apt enough, Neymar is more a breakaway player and Hazard is a bob/weave player.

Nor Isco or Hazard are on the level of Neymar.

Hazard is a good player but he gets far more room and freedom at Chelsea than Neymar does at Barca and his stats are inflated through being on pens and set pieces.

This idea that Hazard is held back by Mourinhos negative tactics is totally wrong. Plenty of forward players have thrived under Mourinho and his system is fairly rigid except for the forward players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Too bad Eden's "All-Round game" doesn't help him much at Chelsea or Belgia where de Bruyne is the star. While Neymar the inferior creator manages to do his job quite well both for Barca and Brazil.

L

linetty

Hazard is a good player but he gets far more room and freedom at Chelsea than Neymar does at Barca and his stats are inflated through being on pens and set pieces.

This idea that Hazard is held back by Mourinhos negative tactics is totally wrong. Plenty of forward players have thrived under Mourinho and his system is fairly rigid except for the forward players.
Well said.

Too bad Eden's "All-Round game" doesn't help him much at Chelsea or Belgia where de Bruyne is the star. While Neymar the inferior creator manages to do his job quite well both for Barca and Brazil.

Eh? Hazard is far and away Chelsea's best player and it's emphatically shown specifically in the bigger games where's he always looks a class above his teammates.

De Bruyne is indeed Belgium's best player but remember Neymar wasn't always considered Brazil's best until the Scolari appointment. Oscar was the one consistently outshining him. Belgium will get nowhere until they build around Hazard like Scolari did for Neymar. It's a shame they're wasting away a golden generation with one of the worst managers in the game.

It's funny to see a forum who constantly derides Ronaldo because his overall game is lightyears behind Messi, claim Hazard isn't on Neymar's level solely because of goals. Hazard is clearly ahead of Neymar when it comes to general play, his influence on games is far greater than Neymar's here who's solely a final third player.

JamDav1982

Eh? Hazard is far and away Chelsea's best player and it's emphatically shown specifically in the bigger games where's he always looks a class above his teammates.

De Bruyne is indeed Belgium's best player but remember Neymar wasn't always considered Brazil's best until the Scolari appointment. Oscar was the one consistently outshining him. Belgium will get nowhere until they build around Hazard like Scolari did for Neymar. It's a shame they're wasting away a golden generation with one of the worst managers in the game.

It's funny to see a forum who constantly derides Ronaldo because his overall game is lightyears behind Messi, claim Hazard isn't on Neymar's level solely because of goals. Hazard is clearly ahead of Neymar when it comes to general play, his influence on games is far greater than Neymar's here who's solely a final third player.

Its easier to play and be a main man at a club like Chelsea which Hazard clearly is than for Neymar to be a supporting player to Messi.

Suarez was miles ahead of Hazard last season and look how difficult he has found the transition to not being the main man.

Put Hazard/Neymar as being the main attacking threat for Chelsea or Barca and Neymar will be the better player.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Its easier to play and be a main man at a club like Chelsea which Hazard clearly is than for Neymar to be a supporting player to Messi.

Suarez was miles ahead of Hazard last season and look how difficult he has found the transition to not being the main man.

Put Hazard/Neymar as being the main attacking threat for Chelsea or Barca and Neymar will be the better player.

Well I'm pretty sure Hazard will also do swimmingly well being the main man at Brazil or Messi's wingman at Barca.

At this moment, of course Neymar is doing better, but overall they're not too far away from each other.

JamDav1982

Well I'm pretty sure Hazard will also do swimmingly well being the main man at Brazil or Messi's wingman at Barca.

At this moment, of course Neymar is doing better, but overall they're not too far away from each other.

Well as I said Suarez was miles ahead of Hazard last season and is struggling to adapt to same level. As did Sanchez, Ibra and Villa struggle to play their best when not main man. So its not that easy.

The idea that Neymar has easier platform to perform than Hazard is way off.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Best player of PL" means shit really. Cesc was player of the year there and see how that turned out.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Well as I said Suarez was miles ahead of Hazard last season and is struggling to adapt to same level. As did Sanchez, Ibra and Villa struggle to play their best when not main man. So its not that easy.

The idea that Neymar has easier platform to perform than Hazard is way off.

hmm I've been led to believe that Suarez infact has been doing amazingly well bar his finishing :thinking:

Hazard and Neymar are wingers who are not going to have their space encroached by Messi. While all the others you mentioned are best through the centre and are cramped by Messi's style. It's really not the same thing. Besides Hazard's passing and technical skills are a level above all those players, bar Ibra who had other issues.

JamDav1982

hmm I've been led to believe that Suarez infact has been doing amazingly well bar his finishing :thinking:

Hazard and Neymar are wingers who are not going to have their space encroached by Messi. While all the others you mentioned are best through the centre and are cramped by Messi's style. It's really not the same thing. Besides Hazard's passing and technical skills are a level above all those players, bar Ibra who had other issues.

Predicted that come back.... there is a big difference to him doing well in his role in the team and being given freedom to perform the way he did at Liverpool.

If you are not the main man in a team you dont get that freedom as countless top forwards have shown at Barca.

It is nothing to do with have 'space encroached' it is about not being the focal point of attack and playing second fiddle.

Hazards passing skills are not that phenomenal anyway.

Siberia

People overrate Hazard. I'm belgian and even I think people overhype the kid. Neymar will be the bigger player

CesDel

Yeah, I don't understand why people say that Neymar has it easier because of Mou's negative approach. I mean, sure Hazard will have less ball possession in big games, but he will also have ALLOOOOOT more space when on the ball. On the other hand, Neymar has to face a wall in every game..

Home of Barca Fans