Edinson Cavani

H

Haruko The Goon

No offence taken, it's not a bash, it's the truth. We don't compete at the very top, and we don't offer anybody 200k a week, so yeah it would be a downgrade in that respect.
But Ozil said he bought into the long term plan of Wengers when he spoke with him. Bids for Suarez/Bender goes someway in showing that we have the money to at least BUY the players, wages will be a stumbling block. If anybody can convince a player to join using a future plan as a barganing deal, it's Wenger.
We can also guarantee him a strikers role, something another top (high money paying team) might not guarantee.

However, If Barca go in for him, we'll always be second fiddle. Barca are on another planet compared to us.

Barcilliant

Where did these Cavani rumours come from?

He would be perfect for us...........

As long as he is played in his position as a CF.

Bertus

With the big, big, big rumors that are flying around about PSG buying Di Maria, you guessed i suppose that PSG needs to find the money for it.

There are big rumors now flying around:

- The main rumor is that PSG will sell Cavani
- The second option will be to include verratti in the deal.

That summer mercato will be agitated, : popcorn:

Bertus

Simone Rovera on his blog announced that Cavani fired one of his consultant/agent that tried very hard to push for Cavani to leave PSG.

According to Rovera, PSG is delighted by this news.

Bertus

rumours going round about him being spotted near the Etihad.

i guess Bertus can offer more info/insight into this...
No news about anything like that on french network and medias.

But Julien Laurens, french journalist, met with cavani's agent according to Frank Lampard twitter.

The agent told him that Cavani really asked him to talk with Chelsea and MU starting from January and that if a club offer 70M euros, PSG should accept to sell him.

Thatb said:

1/ Wasn't confirmed by Laurent himself that it really happened.

2/ The agent is just guessing that PSG would accept 70M euros. He has no garantees that PSG will.

Bertus

rumours going round about him being spotted near the Etihad.

i guess Bertus can offer more info/insight into this...

News from french Medias:

• - Many clubs in EPL are interested: Liverpool, Arsenal, City, MU, Chelsea.
  • - According to L'Equipe21 (L'Equipe TV channel), Cavani's agents were in London today.

News from a players' agent.

Exclusive: Man City source tells me that the club is open to selling two strikers to make way for Cavani. Aguero will not be sold.

City seems very interested.

So yeah, it's happening.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

News from french Medias:

• - Many clubs in EPL are interested: Liverpool, Arsenal, City, MU, Chelsea.
  • - According to L'Equipe21 (L'Equipe TV channel), Cavani's agents were in London today.

News from a players' agent.

City seems very interested.

So yeah, it's happening.

That agent edward is some little kid bertus, don't listen to him he just makes things up for followers etc

City should be really trying for cavani due to aguero being really badly injury prone and as good as dzeko, negredo and jovetic are they won't win you tittles and champions leagues as main starters. However their hands are kind of tied by ffp, similar to your clubs situation. They would have to sell around 6 or more players to recoup around the 70million nasser would reportedly think about but how can you just move that many players like that? They would have to sell toure and there is nobody who can afford him at the moment. The only teams that can afford him in England would be Manchester united, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Alik

City should be really trying for cavani due to aguero being really badly injury prone and as good as dzeko, negredo and jovetic are they won't win you tittles and champions leagues as main starters..
City have won EPLs with those strikers.

Chelsea has won CL with worse.

Just saying!

BenRobbins

City have won EPLs with those strikers.

Chelsea has won CL with worse.

Just saying!

City's first was due to aguero being unstoppable for the majority of the season and winning it for them on the last day in the last minute. This season he started off on fire but then the injuries came along and they managed to hold out at the end with dzeko with a big helping hand from a stevie g feck up and crystal palace doing the unthinkable. A whole season with dzeko leading the line? i remain to be convinced. I hope aguero does sort his problems out because i love watching him play and at his best is the best 9 in the world. My point is dzeko for a whole season if kun can't sort himself out will not be enough for city to win the league and challenge for the CL which is fair to say.

Bertus

That agent edward is some little kid bertus, don't listen to him he just makes things up for followers etc

City should be really trying for cavani due to aguero being really badly injury prone and as good as dzeko, negredo and jovetic are they won't win you tittles and champions leagues as main starters. However their hands are kind of tied by ffp, similar to your clubs situation. They would have to sell around 6 or more players to recoup around the 70million nasser would reportedly think about but how can you just move that many players like that? They would have to sell toure and there is nobody who can afford him at the moment. The only teams that can afford him in England would be Manchester united, Chelsea and Liverpool.

When i said it's happening, i meant that Cavani seems on his way to the EPL unless PSG pulls a dortmund/klopp. Was not talking about City specifically :lol:

And yeah you're right, only MU, Chelsea and Liverpool can afford 70M euros.

But as i said in the PSG thread. Remember it's just one of cavani agent that said 70M should be enough to convince PSG. He has no garantee about that. I don't say it won't happen, i say PSG can ask more if they want.

We'll see anyway. PSG's mercato is complicated.

Home of Barca Fans