El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

J

Jordzibob

When a team who has a history of under-performing in the CL win the freaking treble than yes it was a genius move using Eto'o never ending Stamina as a a winger and asking him to track back for the team add to the fact Eto'o ego and his crave for scoring goals than it's more than brilliant
considering Inter total lack of pace moving the only pacy player to the wing allowed Milito to have the time and space and gave Sneijder a different option than passing the ball to the center area in front of him like we saw vs Chelsea in SB

Eto being on the wing wasnt the reason Inter won the treble, they probably could of won it easier if they hadnt had him there. Asking him to track back is fine, but he's not a defensive player so what does it add? An extra man? Is that what they traded Ibrahimovic for (along with the obscene amount of money)? In other words, it allowed Diego Milito to play as the lone striker. You could of put a winger there and still had that, and probably had better service into the box for him. One goal at Chelsea doesnt justify it either. If you put a quicker, decent winger there, then I think they'd of been better off. After the Barcelona game THIS is what the English Skysports team chose to focus on, I think it's B.S.
Mourinho did brilliantly to win the treble with that team, but I think that was a waste of a position, Eto didnt add anything tracking back even with his "endless" stamina, he cant defend and there were hardly any players after matches complaning "Omg Eto man marked me so well, I just coudlnt do shit". Mourinho's tactics were brilliant, but that area I dont agree with. He's a centreforward, without any other notable position, he is a CF, not a winger. He cant play there and shoudlnt of been made to.

Tomchin

In the cl-final and clasico etc Pep also put eto'o at rw and messi at cf, so its not like jose invented that or sth.

jamrock

a team that has conceded all of two fewer goals than us this season and scored no more in la liga. front 3 will run our defense ragged, while we will struggle to get pass them.

Oh what a world.

Pep's record against jose is

4 played

2 Wins
1 draw
1 lost

and 2/3 clean sheets in the process.

lets see if he will neven it out come monday, a pity i will not be able to see the match, but i hope to come home to good news

adil_909

your right beast, it is a chess match indeed. if you guys play 3 DMs and I was the manager, i would tell my team to just kick the ball back to you guys and let you keep it for a while. then i'd steal it from you in midfield, and score a quick goal. basically using your own tactics against you.

J

Jordzibob

your right beast, it is a chess match indeed. if you guys play 3 DMs and I was the manager, i would tell my team to just kick the ball back to you guys and let you keep it for a while. then i'd steal it from you in midfield, and score a quick goal. basically using your own tactics against you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tactical mastery. We should have Pep take a lesson out Adil's book. Pre match-"Just give them the ball, then take it off them, and score a quick goal". :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: You sir have rewritten the entire management book. I salute you.

N

Nwankwo

I understand the whole tactical side. I still think that in a game like this, between the two best in the world, you should try and win by playing and not just trying to use the other teams weakness. I get it when small teams that actually can't outplay Barca or real does it but Real is more than capable of playing good football and challenging barca. I just think is sad for the game if Mou puts lass in ozils position, one talented player fewer. For two years time Barca has always played their own game and trusted that the results will follow, that is one of the reasons I love to support barca and watch their games. Any team can win by shutting the opposition down and hitting on the counter, Rubin did it to us for example. Fair play but the differance is that while Rubin could never win us by playing Real could. I mean it's not that you dont have enough attacking talent...and barca are not invinsible. But the fact that all the teams alter their tactics when facing barca makes it sound like it is impossible to win by playing according to your actual tactics.
And Beast: If Pep employs two DM:s it falls under the same category, though it would hardly alter the gaming style but would reduce the number of attack minded skilled players on the pitch, which would be a pity.

I respect Mourinho and he certainly got his tactics right with Inter last year(even though he was lucky with Bojan in the en d :) ) but this Real is much better than last years Inter in attack.
Let the best team win and hopefully we are in for a cracking game. Remember that this is the biggest game in club football and will be watched by millions and millions. There is no better way to show the world that La Liga has the two best clubs in the world and that this game is 100000000 x bigger than Man utd-Liverpool.

J

Jordzibob

I understand the whole tactical side. I still think that in a game like this, between the two best in the world, you should try and win by playing and not just trying to use the other teams weakness. I get it when small teams that actually can't outplay Barca or real does it but Real is more than capable of playing good football and challenging barca. I just think is sad for the game if Mou puts lass in ozils position, one talented player fewer. For two years time Barca has always played their own game and trusted that the results will follow, that is one of the reasons I love to support barca and watch their games. Any team can win by shutting the opposition down and hitting on the counter, Rubin did it to us for example. Fair play but the differance is that while Rubin could never win us by playing Real could. I mean it's not that you dont have enough attacking talent...and barca are not invinsible. But the fact that all the teams alter their tactics when facing barca makes it sound like it is impossible to win by playing according to your actual tactics.
And Beast: If Pep employs two DM:s it falls under the same category, though it would hardly alter the gaming style but would reduce the number of attack minded skilled players on the pitch, which would be a pity.

I respect Mourinho and he certainly got his tactics right with Inter last year(even though he was lucky with Bojan in the en d :) ) but this Real is much better than last years Inter in attack.
Let the best team win and hopefully we are in for a cracking game. Remember that this is the biggest game in club football and will be watched by millions and millions. There is no better way to show the world that La Liga has the two best clubs in the world and that this game is 100000000 x bigger than Man utd-Liverpool.

Great post, and it's a shame football isnt more like you said. For everyone, you'd much rather see teams just go all out at each other, but it just aint gonna happen. Mourinho's style is and has always been defensive solidity first, if he sees it as a cup tie, which is pretty likely, then Diarra could well come in as a replacement but as a Barca fan I'd be more happy about that than Ozil, if they remove Ozil they remove a load of the service to Ronaldo and Higuain, and there's less for us to worry about on the counter attack when we're breaking them down. I dont think Mourinho will put in Diarra, I think Ozil will play and I think he'll play the same at the Bernebeu, Mourinho isnt gonna change his tactics either for Home or Away, they'll maybe play slightly more defensive at the Camp Nou but Madrid's game is gonna be based on counter attacking Barca, they know they cant dominate possession of the ball so if they press high up and counter attack, whilst still parking the bus when we get the ball, they've got a good chance of pulling it off. Unfortunately. I dont understand some of the people who come on here and predict Barca 3, 4, Madrid 0, 1. That's not gonna happen, quite obviously.

Beast

The Observer
a team that has conceded all of two fewer goals than us this season and scored no more in la liga. front 3 will run our defense ragged, while we will struggle to get pass them.

Oh what a world.

Pep's record against jose is

4 played

2 Wins
1 draw
1 lost

and 2/3 clean sheets in the process.

lets see if he will neven it out come monday, a pity i will not be able to see the match, but i hope to come home to good news
The 0-8 made a lot of difference for you but you also have to include when you are showing off the stats that Messi haven't scored vs Jose teams in 7 games till now..
and considering Messi is Barca this season... if i'm a cule i'll be more worried from our attack

Anyhow Sami and Higuain are not training till now which is not a good sign

J

Jordzibob

The 0-8 made a lot of difference for you but you also have to include when you are showing off the stats that Messi haven't scored vs Jose teams in 7 games till now..
and considering Messi is Barca this season... if i'm a cule i'll be more worried from our attack

Plus we shoudlnt read too much into the 8-0, we were ruthless with our finishing but there really arent words for how bad Almeria were, they would of been beaten by any team at least 4 goals. I've never seen anyone play that crap against us.

Barcilliant

The English Press love to suck Mourinho and Ronaldo's cocks! They act as if they are English just because they had success In England. Mourinho is a supreme man manager and motivator but his tactics are basically negative. Its only when he comes up against minor teams that he gives his players license to attack. The man is a creep and a whiny little shit. Like Cristina he probably looks at the mirror and jerks off to his own reflection.

Real are all about the counter-thats it. If Pep finds a way to neutralise that we have an excellent chance of winning. Like most people I think it will be a draw 2-2. I think we will dominate but they will get a lucky goal/decision and scrape through with a draw. After that Mourinho will declare victory and Fleet street will start the ass kissing again.

Remember what lies in our favour is the fact that RM have players who go missing in big matches-Oezil, Higuain and Gay R7. I expect Alonso, Casillas and maybe Di Maria to be the best RM players.

Beast

The Observer
I love how Higuain go missing in big games yet he scored vs Barca twice , Milan ..etc... and Ozil was great vs England and Argentina but apparently they are not big games as well

talking about English media, maybe worth talking about forum members delusions

Barcilliant

Higuain may have scored twice but he did lttle else in those other matches. How about Ronaldo in big games-misses penalty against Barca in CL sf. Misses penalty again in final-if Terry wasnt such a fucking clumsy bastard Chelsea would have won. Ronaldo missing chances in last seasons match against Barca. Ronaldo completely inept against Spain in the WC.

Oezil shit in most big games WHEN it counts. Against Spain in the WC.

Home of Barca Fans