El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

J

Jordzibob

I'm sure they'll cheat, but I'll be really surprised if that cheating includes two-footed lunging tackles or something of that nature designed to put a serious injury on a Barca player.
But to clear this up, if Madrid do it they're disgustingly awful, but if Barca do it that's fine, perfectly acceptable? Are they not also disgustingly awful?

Are you trolling?

And nope, not particuarly acceptable, probably extremely awful, but if its a choice between being disgustingly awful and winning the league, and being nice and not, I'll take the first one thanks.

Elite-BkD

Are you trolling?

And nope, not particuarly acceptable, probably extremely awful, but if its a choice between being disgustingly awful and winning the league, and being nice and not, I'll take the first one thanks.

It sounds like you're saying that if Madrid do it, then they (the club, the players, Mourinho) are just a bunch of dirty, hateful cunts, and if Barca do it, they are people who behaved like a bunch of dirty cunts once but that's acceptable because they just did it to win. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
And no, no trolling. Are we expecting a sincere effort on behalf of Madrid to break Messi's leg?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm sure they'll cheat, but I'll be really surprised if that cheating includes two-footed lunging tackles or something of that nature designed to put a serious injury on a Barca player.
But to clear this up, if Madrid do it they're disgustingly awful, but if Barca do it that's fine, perfectly acceptable? Are they not also disgustingly awful?

It's awful in both cases, and also understandable. This game is a wash talent wise, it's about doing what you have to do. The Pep era Barcelona has never faced a side this good before.

No hypocritical moral high ground will help us right now.

Last edited:
J

Jordzibob

Not expecting a sincere effort on behalf of Madrid to break his legs, but injure him? I woudlnt be shocked at all. Mourinho's tactics always have been and always will be inherently dirty. And no, I'm not saying that, I'm not even saying its acceptable, its totally wrong, but I'm saying I'd rather we played like that and won, than didnt and lost. And I'm sure Madrid fans will feel the same for their club. Of course I'd rather we played clean and played Madrid off the park, but to fight dirty you've gotta play dirty, and it would not bother me at the end of the season if we won the season due to a nasty injury from Ronaldo. I'm a football fan, bias is part of it, of course you'll shout and scream and get pissed when the other team do it, and that doesnt make it anymore right than when your team do it, but the bottom line is I'd still rather win. Would you rather lose with integrity or win playing dirty, morals aside? I'd rather win.

Elite-BkD

It's awful in both cases, and also understandable. This game is a wash talent wise, it's about doing what you have to do. The Pep era Barcelona has never faced a side this good before.

That's fair enough, at this point it seems that for the most part we just disagree on whether or not doing what you have to do extends to deliberately injuring players (and a few other minor things), but there's no reason everyone on earth should have the same feelings anyhow.
I'd still maintain that talent wise Barca have the edge, the back 5 are pretty comparable, although in Barca's case they have been underperforming and if that trend continues it should be pretty damn even. Barca's front 6 have a distinct edge in talent imo.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Wow, that last few pages have made me see some posters in a different light. But i'm not gonna lie, if we win La Liga because Ronaldo was out for most of the season due to a bad tackle I'll be the last one complaining.

Elite-BkD

Not expecting a sincere effort on behalf of Madrid to break his legs, but injure him? I woudlnt be shocked at all. Mourinho's tactics always have been and always will be inherently dirty. And no, I'm not saying that, I'm not even saying its acceptable, its totally wrong, but I'm saying I'd rather we played like that and won, than didnt and lost. And I'm sure Madrid fans will feel the same for their club. Of course I'd rather we played clean and played Madrid off the park, but to fight dirty you've gotta play dirty, and it would not bother me at the end of the season if we won the season due to a nasty injury from Ronaldo. I'm a football fan, bias is part of it, of course you'll shout and scream and get pissed when the other team do it, and that doesnt make it anymore right than when your team do it, but the bottom line is I'd still rather win. Would you rather lose with integrity or win playing dirty, morals aside? I'd rather win.

w/r/t bold, I suppose that's probable, I was more thinking something along the lines of a serious, 'you're out for six months+' type of injury, which I don't expect to be deliberately given by either club any time soon. Still, I may well be wrong, who knows.
Yeah, I get what you're saying and I suppose it's not exactly an uncommon sentiment in sports. I'd prefer to see them play clean every single game, and if they lose to a better side there's nothing wrong with that, if they lose to a dirty side that sucks, but they should stay clean and just come back stronger next time. I think that feeling after the match (where they lost unfairly to a dirty side) can be used in a positive way rather than inspiring similar tactics. The intense desire to avoid a repeat can be used as a pretty powerful motivator.

J

Jordzibob

w/r/t bold, I suppose that's probable, I was more thinking something along the lines of a serious, 'you're out for six months+' type of injury, which I don't expect to be deliberately given by either club any time soon. Still, I may well be wrong, who knows.
Yeah, I get what you're saying and I suppose it's not exactly an uncommon sentiment in sports. I'd prefer to see them play clean every single game, and if they lose to a better side there's nothing wrong with that, if they lose to a dirty side that sucks, but they should stay clean and just come back stronger next time. I think that feeling after the match (where they lost unfairly to a dirty side) can be used in a positive way rather than inspiring similar tactics. The intense desire to avoid a repeat can be used as a pretty powerful motivator.

What's peoples opinion on how important this game actually is? Obviously, it's massive, but my thinking is that the game at the Bernebeu is more important in the context of the fact that both sides will most likely drop at least one or two points before that match (although definetely not more), and it therefore gives a chance for one team to overtake the other later in the season, without giving the other time to catch up.

Ocurrente

Half serious. Going for career ending injuries is disgraceful but we need to be rough and violent if necessary.

no, we don't need to do that
no.gif

No saint but a football fan first and foremost. And in its capacity i'd look at conservation of its resources. While i understand the tribal nature of a rivalry I also believe dignity in a lost battle. A winning mentality when mixed with malice and desparation only fails to acheive the main target. I don't wish affliction on oppositions(madrid players or not) just like it would be unthinkable for me with regards Barca representatives on the pitch. Besides, Karma gets you eventually!
The hardest thing is maintaining consistency and this institution has so far excelled. Fc barcelona is beyond one game and one season. We win on Monday or we go down fighting (not killing legs)

Its not taking a moral high ground but acting sensible and responsible towards this game we love so much.

Slow-Clap.gif

Beast

The Observer
Bollocks, we're a better team at home and we should win without acting shamefully. That's not to say I don't wanna see some of our players milking the fouls etc, to some extent that's become necessary to get the calls, but I'd rather not go to the Ronaldo level of proper diving; falling over and grabbing your face at the slightest physical contact and all that, making something out of what is legitimately nothing. Cheating, using handballs, going in to hurt other players...the idea that we need to behave this way just to beat a side on home turf is an insult to the squad. If Madrid come to play truly dirty we'll have to rely on the ref to sort it out, not return the favor.

You mean like this ?
sergio-busquets.jpg

Home of Barca Fans