El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

nebeer

Love is All
Real would be coming to Camp Nou with a 1 point lead over Barca, so Mourinho would not probably be much obliged to plan an attacking game for RM. Moreover, they are away, so it is highly likely that RM will park the bus tomorrow. Though, for the sake of good entertaining football Mou should have at least a balanced game plan than staging a very defense minded game.

nebeer

Love is All
This seems like one of the games that might pass Keita by, Masch can make an impact with his relentless tracking and reading of the play, plus he can help Busquets with the counter attacks. I really hope Masch plays alongside Busquets

Masch will play imo. It's specially his kind of game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mascherano or Busquets dilemma...
In these kind of matches you need mental strength and experience and I think Pep will go with the safer option and that is Busquets.
Young Sergio has already 4 successful El Clasico's behind him so why change it?

El Gato

Villarato!
Why would there be a dilemma ? The only difference between Busquets and Mascherano that matters in terms of 'who starts' is the chemistry and understanding of tactics and roles assigned on the pitch and it's quite obvious that Busi is more familiar with them.

Ocurrente

In these kind of matches you need mental strength and experience and I think Pep will go with the safer option and that is Busquets.

He has 2 clasicos, Yaya played in 08/09. Of course Sergio will play.

nebeer

Love is All

Yes Busquets is more likely to play of the two. We might though see Masch, if Pep indeed goes for the double pivot to give Xavi and Iniesta a bit more ease in the midfield as Alonso and Khedira would try to press them as hard as they can. Advantages of the double pivot would be that we would have a greater protection in general and against Madrid's quick counter attacks. Ball distribution would be better, and Masch does it very well and also his long balls. Disadvantage of the double pivot would be however that Pedro will be benched and we would have one less attacking player up front. It would also push Iniesta towards the left flank which is his second best position. So I think it probably weighs more in favor of the usual formation we play and Sergi starting the game. Since Sergi was rested in the last 2 games, the indication is clearer that he is the most likely option to begin. Besides, every Barca player presses hard so the need of a possible double pivot may not be felt that strongly. In spite of all this it would indeed be really entertaining to see Masch in a game like this.

Beast

The Observer
Jose confirmed Real line up will see no changes

Ramos-------Pepe-------Carvalho ---Marcelo
--------------Xabi--------Khedira-----------
Di Maria------------Ozil--------------CR--
------------------Higuain

J

Jordzibob

As expected. Isnt it a little overconfident of him to release his line up this early though? Or he could be bluffing.......

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
"Jugará el mismo equipo"

What is that? Is that the same team as versus Ajax? Or the one of the liga a weekend before?

We will only know who starts tomorrow at 21h. Everything prior to that is crap.

Tomchin

He has 2 clasicos, Yaya played in 08/09.
Yeah, and if 50% of them he got red-carded ;) Let's hope this time he plays it more intelligently.

Of course Sergio will play.
I'm not so sure of it. Mascherano has played 2 games in a row now, so that surely means sth. Or maybe he plans to use Mascherano in away-games and Busquets in home-games, no idea really.

O

oyetunde

Jose confirmed Real line up will see no changes

Ramos-------Pepe-------Carvalho ---Marcelo
--------------Xabi--------Khedira-----------
Di Maria------------Ozil--------------CR--
------------------Higuain

and u believe

Home of Barca Fans