El Clasico 10/11: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 5-0 Manita!

J

Jordzibob

Still doesn't take away the fact that Messi dived and looked very stupid. He does not need to do stuff like that, he should know better, it is not the Messi I know or even want to know. If you really think that all those deserve red cards then ok..I thinks it takes the flow of the game to send players off for minor issues like that.

A) I dont think Messi dived. I think it's a clear arm in his face, he's perfectly entitled to go down there as would any player (dont say Kanu woudlnt)

B) I dont agree with it, but that's the rules of football.

N

Nwankwo

To go down intentionally is the definition of diving in my opinion...
Kanu would never dive! :D Best. player. ever. Still is :)

Kubala

Messi did go down to easily, as did Puyol when Ramos pushed him tbh. But if Pep had pushed CR9 like he pushed Pep, CR9 would have done three tripple somersaults and a backflip whilst holding his face, so that really is the pot calling the kettle black.

XaviMessiGirl

Puyol was completely excusable though, someone pushing you, off the ball, for no reason other than immaturity and frustration is a straight red no matter what, don't blame him for falling to try to draw attention to it.

Spector

A) I dont think Messi dived. I think it's a clear arm in his face, he's perfectly entitled to go down there as would any player (dont say Kanu woudlnt)

Yeah but there was a delay before he went down. He got hit, had a second to think about what happened, then motioned a fall. It looks bad on the replay. That's not the way I want Messi to succeed Rivaldo.

N

Nwankwo

Hahah, no I'm not an arsenal fan. Cule, just as you. I just like Kanu, one of my first football idols. And the best player thing, I was kidding.

Elite-BkD

:lol: Are you serious?! You think he saw Carvalho waving his arms around and intentionally got himself a wack? Wtf dude.....

Ok, no. Somehow I seemed to recall a much longer period of Carvalho waving his arms wildly while walking away before Leo did that, but he only made one gesture with his right arm before the face shot. This happens to me like every other game, I get some totally ass-backward impression of a certain element of it and have to watch a second time to set things straight. It looks more like Messi was coming up to say some shit and Carvalho just hit him in the face, surely should have been a foul on Carvalho. I'm still kind of in shock that he managed to avoid getting sent off, same with Arbeloa. Or maybe that's another thing I just imagined, but didn't Arbeloa just straight up slam into people well away from the ball repeatedly and very obviously deliberately? I could swear I saw him just brutally check players to the ground without any consequence.

J

Jordzibob

Ok, no. Somehow I seemed to recall a much longer period of Carvalho waving his arms wildly while walking away before Leo did that, but he only made one gesture with his right arm before the face shot. This happens to me like every other game, I get some totally ass-backward impression of a certain element of it and have to watch a second time to set things straight. It looks more like Messi was coming up to say some shit and Carvalho just hit him in the face, surely should have been a foul on Carvalho. I'm still kind of in shock that he managed to avoid getting sent off, same with Arbeloa. Or maybe that's another thing I just imagined, but didn't Arbeloa just straight up slam into people well away from the ball repeatedly and very obviously deliberately? I could swear I saw him just brutally check players to the ground without any consequence.

:lol: I'm glad you've watched it back. It was, a clear foul by Carvalho. Plus the one where the ref took pity on him for the handball, even the biggest Madrid fans on here cant argue he should of gone there. And yeh, Arbeloa played extremely dirty when he came on, he probably should of gone too. :lol: They were just shocking

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
What is this BS i'm reading from Madrid fans? Carvalho should have been sent off, iff not for the elbow then for the handball :lol:

Beast

The Observer
:lol: I'm glad you've watched it back. It was, a clear foul by Carvalho. Plus the one where the ref took pity on him for the handball, even the biggest Madrid fans on here cant argue he should of gone there. And yeh, Arbeloa played extremely dirty when he came on, he probably should of gone too. :lol: They were just shocking

No.. he shouldn't go there (Ricardo) .. it's normal to wave your arm saying to a player fuck off especially when you are not seeing him.. it's not normal for a player to walk near your butt like a molester or something

J

Jordzibob

:lol: It's the chicken and the egg argument then isnt it? Your blaming Messi for being hit because he was standing too close to Carvalho, it's normal to wave your arm to tell a player to fuck off but he wasnt waving his arms around before, he instinctively moves it back into Messi's face.

For the entirety of this thread people have been arguing about it, :lol: Carvalho isnt gonna get punished, imo he should have, lots of people think Messi dived, bla bla bla. Opinions opinions. Game over. Let's move on.

Elite-BkD

No.. he shouldn't go there (Ricardo) .. it's normal to wave your arm saying to a player fuck off especially when you are not seeing him.. it's not normal for a player to walk near your butt like a molester or something

That didn't look like waving of the arm to tell a player to fuck off, he did that with his right arm, the left was a pretty standard 'throw of the elbow' to hit someone in the face, he's lucky Messi wasn't a foot further to his left or his elbow (rather than tricep area)woulda directly hit his face/nose and the blood would leave little doubt for the ref. That's an obvious red if the ref gets a good view, doesn't matter if Messi shouldn't have been there himself and also deserved a caution. You're not permitted to strike someone in the face if he breaks the rules.

Home of Barca Fans