England

Jenks

Klopp or Tuchel are the safest bets, but are they going to even consider it?
Tuchel would be a disaster given the way he falls out with players, boards and the media, and Klopp I don't think would take it. Personally I would not want a German under any circumstances.

Howe and Potter are the only ones with any kind of profile, and I'm not sure either one would be ideal. I think if the timing were slightly different Guardiola would be interested, but assuming he's not Carsley might be the best fit.

Carsley worked under Guardiola for a short time, has worked within the youth structure of the FA for quite a while, and lead the U21s to Euros victory last season without conceding a goal, with the group being noted for their togetherness. The only name that's been mentioned that I'd really dread would be Lampard.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Is the power of the English hype machine so great that it controls Barcaforum too? Because when the vote was put up, more people here predicted England to win the tournament than any other team.

We have been guilty in the past of massively overrating our players for sure, but Foden was player of the season in England, Bellingham was the player of the season in Spain, Palmer and Watkins were putting up great numbers, multiple treble winners in the team and Harry Kane was top scorer in Germany... why wouldn't we think we had good players?
I wasn't here when that vote was put up but I said England would be lacking in cohesion before the tournament.

Obviously England have good payer - it's foolish to say they don't. The problem is other nations do too yet the English media talked like England had by far the best players in the tournament. Then seemed flabbergasted when this was proved not to be the case and they weren't hammering everyone.

Also, what players do at club level when surrounded by foreign team-mates doesn't generally hold much water when they get together in the national team. Synergies are different. And especially so because England have a history of lacking structure as a team unlike Man City and Bayern. Real Madrid are a cheat code with their voodoo (and Bellingham tailed off the second half of the season) and Palmer is just a high quality player shining in a Chelsea team that was unstable. The way Villa play suits Watkins more than the way England play, though he's a good forward.

Like I say, good players in the main - a few very good. But it doesn't matter when they're all thrown together.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Neither Klopp nor Pep would take it, because they are smart enough to know that there is a huge disparity between the perception of the English players quality and their actual quality.

I mean, every pundit watched them get played off the park in the final and afterwards every one of them said England have the better players. Make that shit make sense.

It's like playing Football Manager and West Ham offer you a job with the season objective being ' To win the Premier League '. You taking that job?

Maradona37

Neither Klopp nor Pep would take it, because they are smart enough to know that there is a huge disparity between the perception of the English players quality and their actual quality.

I mean, every pundit watched them get played off the park in the final and afterwards every one of them said England have the better players. Make that shit make sense.

It's like playing Football Manager and West Ham offer you a job with the season objective being ' To win the Premier League '. You taking that job?
I wouldn't call their players average, they do have good players and some very good, but yeah. Southgate is clueless but if they were as good as claimed they still wouldn't get outplayed so emphatically. As I said a coach isn't that influential, he won't make amazing players into donkeys who can't control a ball.

My issue is the clowns who said stuff like 2 or 3 Spanish players only would get in the English side.

Givenchy

Klopp or Tuchel are the safest bets, but are they going to even consider it?
I can't imagine a German being in charge of England national team and I also can't understand why Klopp or Tuchel would take the job, especially the former who will have his pick of CL clubs when he returns.

Porque

British media are throwing these names.

-Potter (apparently has said he is interested)
-Pochettino (friends with one of the FA Chum)
-Howe (but difficult because recently renewed with Castle)
-Klopp
-Pep
-Oscar Hernandez (their ideal choice but they feel job is beneath him)

I guess out of those names the most likely are Potter and Poch. I don't know how you win anything with The Potch, but atleast he may get them playing alright.

khaled_a_d

British media are throwing these names.

-Potter (apparently has said he is interested)
-Pochettino (friends with one of the FA Chum)
-Howe (but difficult because recently renewed with Castle)
-Klopp
-Pep
-Oscar Hernandez (their ideal choice but they feel job is beneath him)

I guess out of those names the most likely are Potter and Poch. I don't know how you win anything with The Potch, but atleast he may get them playing alright.

Sarcasm aside, Tuchel is actually in the rumours along the U-21 coach

Jenks

Ah yes. Lee Carsley. I was trying to recall where I heard that name before. Then I recall that back in the day they used to call him the English Xavi :lol:
I doubt it, given that he's 50 years old and played for Ireland.

The current rumour is Carsley as interim until Guardiola next summer.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

There is next to no chance Pep takes over the England job. His view on English players technique are the same as the worst detractors here.

Did you not see how long it took him to integrate Foden in to his side? Basically tried everything to stop it happening until he made himself undroppable.

I always remember when English fans were bigging up Jack Wilshire and Pep said he had 3 players in Barca B who are just as good.

I'm so confident, I will do a Bianca Censori ( walk butt naked down my local shopping centre ) and post pictures here if it ever happens. It won't.

Rory

There is next to no chance Pep takes over the England job. His view on English players technique are the same as the worst detractors here.

Did you not see how long it took him to integrate Foden in to his side? Basically tried everything to stop it happening until he made himself undroppable.

I always remember when English fans were bigging up Jack Wilshire and Pep said he had 3 players in Barca B who are just as good.

I'm so confident, I will do a Bianca Censori ( walk butt naked down my local shopping centre ) and post pictures here if it ever happens. It won't.
How did Foden make himself undroppable? Was it by being a very good player?

In City's treble winning season Stones, Walker, Foden and Grealish all heavily used. Pep obviously rated these players. Also currently integrating Rico Lewis into the mix successfully.

Don't think he'd want the job, just calling out your nonsense.

jamrock

Imagine an Argentine managing England that won't happen.

Howe will get the job if he wants it.

I think internationally there is 3/4 teams pep would coach.

Argentina
Brazil
Netherlands
England

Birdy

Southgate is OUT!

Huge hope for an anti-terrorist coach to take over now, and not waste the next (and last?) 4-6 years of this golden generation

Inject Klopp, Tuchel, or Howie in my veins PLEASE

Birdy

Imagine an Argentine managing England that won't happen.

Howe will get the job if he wants it.

I think internationally there is 3/4 teams pep would coach.

Argentina
Brazil
Netherlands
England

Pep had said in past interviews that he wants to coach Spain NT.
That will be his priority NT before any else

Home of Barca Fans