Erling Haaland

Blackened

When Haaland retires in 2039 he will have better stats than Messi and Ronaldo. Goes to show you that in todays world where no sporting person is allowed to drink, smoke or eat burgers and everything is so rigidly controlled, you can play a lot longer than 15-20 years ago and thus break all kinds of records. Yes, Haaland still has plentyful of room to grow and improve but talent-wise he just isnt anything special. He really isnt. Tall. Strong. Very fast. For his age, a authentic finisher. Not much more. As I mentioned.... a faster Mario Gomez without the looks. =)

Morten

When Haaland retires in 2039 he will have better stats than Messi and Ronaldo. Goes to show you that in todays world where no sporting person is allowed to drink, smoke or eat burgers and everything is so rigidly controlled, you can play a lot longer than 15-20 years ago and thus break all kinds of records. Yes, Haaland still has plentyful of room to grow and improve but talent-wise he just isnt anything special. He really isnt. Tall. Strong. Very fast. For his age, a authentic finisher. Not much more. As I mentioned.... a faster Mario Gomez without the looks. =)

You seem obsessed with the guy, something you want to tell us?

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Haaland is a different animal. 😂 At comparing him to Gomez. The only comparison that can be made between the two is that the are big men.
Haaland is quicker, better touch, better finishing and link up play is almost as good. Haaland has more drive and intensity. From memory Gomez missed quite a few chances against Chelsea in 2012. Haaland would have buried a couple of those. Haaland has a very high ceiling. He is special. Gomez was very good at best.

KingLeo10

He won't have more goals than Messi or CR7 by the end of his career.

I am 100% confident in this. My guess is that he'll end up around Lewandowski's number.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People seriously underestimate Messi & Ronaldo’s longevity and injury luck too.

Unprecedented in modern football.

Morten

He won't have more goals than Messi or CR7 by the end of his career.

I am 100% confident in this. My guess is that he'll end up around Lewandowski's number.

Eh, assuming he avoids major injuries he very well could, considering he started his goalscoring spree a few years earlier than either of them.

Morten

People seriously underestimate Messi & Ronaldo’s longevity and injury luck too.

Unprecedented in modern football.

Don't think its luck.

Yes, part of it is no doubt a strict diet and training regime, but they just have good genes, especially Messi who takes on players more often.

KingLeo10

Eh, assuming he avoids major injuries he very well could, considering he started his goalscoring spree a few years earlier than either of them.

He actually doesn't have that many goals...he's 21.5 and has about a 100 goals in a "top league".

Messi averaged 53 goals a year for 10 years between 2011-2020. Haaland's best season yet is 41. We can't take it as a given he will score 50 in a season (he probably will, but one or two times IMO), let alone 10 seasons plus in a row.

Morten

He actually doesn't have that many goals...he's 21.5 and has about a 100 goals in a "top league".

Messi averaged 53 goals a year for 10 years between 2011-2020. Haaland's best season yet is 41. We can't take it as a given he will score 50 in a season (he probably will, but one or two times IMO), let alone 10 seasons plus in a row.

You talk as if 100 goals at that age is normal, from what i can find, Messi had 42, while Ronaldo had only 27 at that stage.

He is well over a season ahead of both at this stage, so assuming he avoids injuries, its not out of the question at all.

The one drawback is that he plays for a nation of scrubs, so his goal tally for Norway will suffer.

KingLeo10

You talk as if 100 goals at that age is normal, from what i can find, Messi had 42, while Ronaldo had only 27 at that stage.

He is well over a season ahead of both at this stage, so assuming he avoids injuries, its not out of the question at all.

The one drawback is that he plays for a nation of scrubs, so his goal tally for Norway will suffer.

You're one of my least favorite people to argue with, because you see nuance but deliberately ignore it.

For instance, Messi had 60 goals by 21.5 years, but he exploded onto the scene from there on. What makes you so certain that Haaland has this in his locker, when we have only seen 2 players in a 100 years of football explode in goalscoring like Messi and CR7 have. Statistical outliers, and about as close to 100% as you can get.

It's the same logic that Mbappe fans used for the longest when he was 18 and scoring more than Messi at the same age...but now that Mbappe is actually 23, he is nowhere close to Messi at 23.

Morten

You're one of my least favorite people to argue with, because you see nuance but deliberately ignore it.

For instance, Messi had 60 goals by 21.5 years, but he exploded onto the scene from there on. What makes you so certain that Haaland has this in his locker, when we have only seen 2 players in a 100 years of football explode in goalscoring like Messi and CR7 have. Statistical outliers, and about as close to 100% as you can get.

It's the same logic that Mbappe fans used for the longest when he was 18 and scoring more than Messi at the same age...but now that Mbappe is actually 23, he is nowhere close to Messi at 23.

Haaland playing for a terrible football nation is not nuance then, even though that serves your point of view better than mine?

Sure, International games are a rather small portion of total games, but still significant.

If that the way you feel, just ignore my posts then.

KingLeo10

I think Messi and CR7 will end up with 850-900 goals in their careers (in Europe at least. Don't care about MLS).

So, if we give Haaland 150 at 21.5, he needs 700-750 more goals. That's 14-15 consecutive years of 50 goals. The only 2 players to achieve this are...wait for it...Messi and CR7.

I'm feeling pretty safe with my guarantee in this instance.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland playing for a terrible football nation is not nuance then, even though that serves your point of view better than mine?

Sure, International games are a rather small portion of total games, but still significant.

If that the way you feel, just ignore my posts then.

He has 12 goals in 15 games for us. He'll have a lot of scrub teams to face in EURO and World Cup qualifiers throughout his career. We'll usually end up with two good teams in a group and like 3 average or medicore ones and one whose players are bankers and plumbers.

Don't think its luck.

Yes, part of it is no doubt a strict diet and training regime, but they just have good genes, especially Messi who takes on players more often.

Maybe it's genes too, I am not very informed about that to make a comment, but I'd still say it's some luck. There's many other elite talents like R9 whose career was hampered with a lot of injuries that could have reached the heights of Messi & Ronaldo and early on in his career did, but never had the longevity those two had.

The chances of Haaland & Mbappe achieving what those two have is very small.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans