Erling Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
Haaland playing for a terrible football nation is not nuance then, even though that serves your point of view better than mine?

Sure, International games are a rather small portion of total games, but still significant.

If that the way you feel, just ignore my posts then.

Zlatan and Lewandowski playing for scrub nations are averaging >0.5 goals per game, Lewa having around 70 in 120 games. Sure Poland are a bit better than Norway and Sweden, but it's still manageable to rack up a fair chunk of goals in Europe if you're the focal point of a worse team.

Raki13

After yesterdays farcical stuff from Pique we still have crazy people on here thinking Haaland will be anywhere near Barca.

gregorrin10

In a normal world, Mbappe should move to Barca and Haaland to Real. I think Mbappe fits us more, but won't complain if we get Haaland.

I always saw Haaland as the complete striker package, and a better, more all around option of the two. Scores for fun, and can work against any kind of opponent. Someone you can really build your attack and even team around. Plus his big and strong appearance makes him the perfect face of a new, up and coming project for any team. While Mbappe tends to get pretty exposed in a non counter attacking team, because speed is still his biggest asset. By that logic he's exactly someone we should steer clear of, especially under Xavi, where players will be bought to suit the system, not the other way around.

I realize Haaland isn't exactly tailor made for us either, but like I said, I see him thrive against, but even more importantly IN any kind of team right now, as he's just a scoring machine! His speed and long legs make him lethal on the counter, while against a deep block he can punish you in the air, if nothing else works. He can transform any attack and give it that extra danger, so opponents really won't know what hit them when they come up against an attack with him and two speedy/tricky wingers in it.

Porque

Teams are not really playing a front 2 these days outside of Serie A (generalization). But could you imagine a front two of Fati-Haaland, two of the most clinical players out there.

Yeah, we don't really do that at Barcelona, but getting Fati as close as possible to a striker like Haaland would be absolutely deadly.

Andresito

Staff member
Teams are not really playing a front 2 these days outside of Serie A (generalization). But could you imagine a front two of Fati-Haaland, two of the most clinical players out there.

Yeah, we don't really do that at Barcelona, but getting Fati as close as possible to a striker like Haaland would be absolutely deadly.

Could take a look at Madrid with Ronaldo and Benzema. Starting position LW but very involved in the box. Ansu could be that guy. But I feel Ansu wants the ball at his feet a lot more, so not exactly a Ronaldo copy.

Home of Barca Fans