Erling Haaland

utility73

Already 40 goals this season in under 2000 minutes played. This is just bonkers.

No Braithgoat though :)

Last edited:

Yannik

RvN had great technique compared to Haaland. Haaland would kill way too many plays and not score near as much in a team that dominates possession.

Haaland starts many plays with his incredible movement aswell and he links up fantastically, takes only one touch under pressure. Positioning is more important than technique in the centre, look at Thomas Müller being one of the most iconic players of last decade in a team heavily focused on technical players. I believe Haaland would be ridiculous on the end of Messi's through balls, especially with his humorless finishing.

Not that I say technique isn't important, but especially center forwards should most of the time just stick to the essential, instead of herding the ball for too long or try unnecessary stuff that ends with nothing. This is also one of the main reason for countless plays being killed, especially vs destructive teams. Haalands game is more pure, he has that CR7 instinct and confidence. Only thing he really lacks for his position is heading.

Last edited:

serghei

Haaland starts many plays with his incredible movement aswell and he links up fantastically, takes only one touch under pressure. Positioning is more important than technique in the centre, look at Thomas Müller being one of the most iconic players of last decade in a team heavily focused on technical players. I believe Haaland would be ridiculous on the end of Messi's through balls, especially with his humorless finishing.

Exactly. People underestimate just how important it is to be both fast and very strong as a centre forward. He'd kill it for us.

serghei

Let's hope Dortmund set a 160m. price tag on him and that news about the release clause is bogus. Because we like idiots will not go for him.

Eshez

Not that I say technique isn't important, but especially center forwards should most of the time just stick to the essential, instead of herding the ball for too long or try unnecessary stuff that ends with nothing. This is also one of the main reason for countless plays being killed, especially vs destructive teams. Haalands game is more pure, he has that CR7 instinct and confidence. Only thing he really lacks for his position is heading.

Movement and finishing is fine but you need far more to be a top striker at a club like Barcelona. Just look at the strikers who actually succeeded here, Haaland just pales in his allround game.

vuji_31

I am sick about Barca DNA.

That DNA brings us that we dont have any winger on the bench for one year.

Haaland is something we really need, someone who can lock 2 opositions centre backs, make movement without ball....Something that nobody does.

But no we need someone with technique, like Coutinho...This is modern football we need strong and fast players who can play without ball not only with ball in the feet.

FinBarcelonafan

I am sick about Barca DNA.

That DNA brings us that we dont have any winger on the bench for one year.

Haaland is something we really need, someone who can lock 2 opositions centre backs, make movement without ball....Something that nobody does.

But no we need someone with technique, like Coutinho...This is modern football we need strong and fast players who can play without ball not only with ball in the feet.

Thank you. Me too. We need plan B and with current team we only have Plan A and its not as good as it used to be. We need to be more versatile.

mc_lovin

Thank you. Me too. We need plan B and with current team we only have Plan A and its not as good as it used to be. We need to be more versatile.

I dont get the obsession with a plan B. Liverpool plays a different game to us for example and still got found out by Atletico. We just need a functioning plan A: that means a good #9 and two worldclass wingers (I would generously count Messi as one). Thats half the job done right there and would solve most of our systematic issues.

The abomination we play right now has nothing to do with our plan A, its just terrible squad planning.

Edit: Haaland would be fine though. Lautaro as well.

FinBarcelonafan

I dont get the obsession with a plan B. Liverpool plays a different game to us for example and still got found out by Atletico. We just need a functioning plan A: that means a good #9 and two worldclass wingers (I would generously count Messi as one). Thats half the job done right there and would solve most of our systematic issues.

The abomination we play right now has nothing to do with our plan A, its just terrible squad planning.

Edit: Haaland would be fine though. Lautaro as well.

I'd be shocked if Liverpool loses the tie though. They will beat them similar to Juve last season 3-0.

Home of Barca Fans